JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I was kinda interested until I read that it was a Randy Wakeman / Chuck Hawks article...
I like those two 'bout as much as I like Toby Bridges....
And I like those three 'bout as much as I'd like a case of the clap.

Please note that the above is not a dig at the OP...just the article.

Load with a proper charge....Load with Black Powder or a Black Powder Substitute ( Shudder...:eek: :D )
And all will be well.
Andy

Well I was kinda interested until I read that it was a Randy Wakeman / Chuck Hawks article...
I like those two 'bout as much as I like Toby Bridges....
And I like those three 'bout as much as I'd like a case of the clap.

Please note that the above is not a dig at the OP...just the article.

Load with a proper charge....Load with Black Powder or Black Powder Substitute ( Shudder...:eek: :D )
And all will be well.
Andy
But what jets outa the nipple is almost like a rocket, Andy!

In all seriousness here...
It does pay to check the soundness of any old muzzleloader....

Some things to pay attention to :
The breech..
Wood rot / oil soaked wood....
Barrel thickness....
The nipple for preening / corrosion / rusted in place...:eek: :D
The Vent hole for corrosion....
The lock works / triggers holding at half and full cock...
And be sure before doing anything....check to see if it still has a load in it....
Andy

What hurts is what kind of damage these weekend warriors with their inlines do to the sport rather than the traditional ones.They came out with them to make more money from casual shooters and hyped the Hell out of them.200 yard kill shots and they sold like hotcakes to the once a year shooters.No matter what is said they will never be nothing but a single shot 30/30.

I be cautious around any inline cva(or any brand) muzzleloader older then about 10 years. Most of them are not rated for "magnum" loads of more then 100g of powder. A bear to get clean. Good luck finding parts if they break. And for the money you can get a brand new cva wolf for 200 bucks.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top