JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With experiencing what I have seen with some 'gun owners' over the last 10 or more years, given the attitudes of some of them, IE pumped/puffed up, chit don't stink, 'I'll do what I want because it's 'my Constitutional right' et al I can easily see this encounter being a 'real' possibility.

The poster most likely embellished it but a followup comment from another 'rests my case':

I'm just here to say that not being able to shoot after dark is a stupid bubbleguming rule and this lAw aBiDInG CiTizEn bubblegum is starting to get on my nerves. Having solid morals and being an ethical person doesn't mean you have to be a bootlicker.

I'm warming to the idea... a quick burst or ten out of my window when someone cuts me off in traffic, takes too long choosing their iced coffee at the drive through, talks too loud in the movie theatre etc

I'm warming to the idea... a quick burst or ten out of my window when someone cuts me off in traffic, takes too long choosing their iced coffee at the drive through, talks too loud in the movie theatre etc
Won't let me play through on the golf course. I'm feeling it too! :s0003:

What we do know to be true is that some people love to troll and that for every courteous gun owner, law of averages says there'll be an unpleasant knuckle dragger.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was also on this forum, relishing the attention this 4 page thread is bringing….😔

White van people have harassed me several times in the woods.
It's annoying. The woods used to be more friendly.
Wh da ya gonna do? o_O

c15ef9d15ac4a5ec.jpg

The last clean-up we did out there. Don't remember the date but it was a Saturday starting about 9:00am. Maybe late Jul early Aug? There were a couple people that didn't really seem to fit in with the mostly younger crowd I remember. They were right in there with us picking the mess up. Realized later that they might have been there to pick up brass when all of us showed up? And dug right in with us. Somehow "White van with a light-bar" sounds familiar? @Cogs might remember them?

Other than that, why do these people, like in what-ever-the-hell media that is, have to play such hard-dicks?
What a bunch of humps.
Yeah, Mike, the cleanup in May. The guy and gal in the white minivan. But I don't recall a light on top.

Not very social, clean or desirable, but we had no problem with them throughout the day. They joined right in and helped pick up a lot of trash.

I could tell they didn't feel real welcome, as no one was talking with them, so I invited them to the lunch. They appreciated it.

On their way out, I went to their car to say thanks and notice his hand gun on his hip. He carries full time.

Saw them again two weeks ago when I was there. Just looking for an open range to pick up brass.

I suspect, from the OP, there may have been a confrontation, but I'm more inclined to think it's stretched a bit. (Most likely a lot). He is obviously one who likes stir the pot and tell outrageous stories.

As for the brass collector, yeah, he should have backed off when (if) the shooter said he was still shooting. (The collector was 100% correct in that shooting after dark is against the law).

Not believing this exaggerated story!

Bill

Yeah, Mike, the cleanup in May. The guy and gal in the white minivan. But I don't recall a light on top.

Not very social, clean or desirable, but we had no problem with them throughout the day. They joined right in and helped pick up a lot of trash.

I could tell they didn't feel real welcome, as no one was talking with them, so I invited them to the lunch. They appreciated it.

On their way out, I went to their car to say thanks and notice his hand gun on his hip. He carries full time.

Saw them again two weeks ago when I was there. Just looking for an open range to pick up brass.

I suspect, from the OP, there may have been a confrontation, but I'm more inclined to think it's stretched a bit. (Most likely a lot). He is obviously one who likes stir the pot and tell outrageous stories.

As for the brass collector, yeah, he should have backed off when (if) the shooter said he was still shooting. (The collector was 100% correct in that shooting after dark is against the law).

Not believing this exaggerated story!

Bill
May huh? :D Yeah, I don't know. The thoughts of something happen and the state/TSF closing the whole damned thing down just sucks to think about. :( People really SUCK anymore. :(
Wish there was something we could do to stop the mess. Leaving a few targets/burnable wood is pretty minor. Throwing all your bubblegum you bring over the edges, shooting large garbage to pieces and leaving it, and too bubbleguming lazy to toss your empty ammo boxes/plastic back in your car to take home. Seems pretty overwhelming, like there's more scum using the ranges than responsible people.

I don't really go out there aside from if there's going to be a clean-up. Too far away and driving across potland. If I lived on that side I'd be out there a bunch probably.

"Private" ranges aren't necessarily any better. I belong to a few and at one point a group got mad at me for shooting my .50 rifle because they didn't bring ear pro.... Excuse me, what? You didn't bring ear pro to the GUN range? Well that sucks because I'm sending out 170dB+ blasts in about 5 seconds
Recently I see people walking around without eye pro. Same people who will cause the city to shut down the range when a rock chip takes out their eyesight.

This kind of behavior is a new thing. Nobody dared do that even 10 years ago.

With experiencing what I have seen with some 'gun owners' over the last 10 or more years, given the attitudes of some of them, IE pumped/puffed up, chit don't stink, 'I'll do what I want because it's 'my Constitutional right' et al I can easily see this encounter being a 'real' possibility.
Yep. Stupidest people alive. They think they are tough guys because they bought a gun.

If you weren't already a tough guy, a gun does not make you a tough guy. A smart man buys a gun become he loves peace. Message to fake tough guys: Take your Dodge Challenger and your beach muscles and go home to your comfy suburban life and stop being an a*hole.

Wasn't there a murder at a local public shooting area ....Oregon I think....Some years ago...?

In any event...
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed
but have his weapons to hand
he knows not when he may need a spear
or what menace meet on the road.

Wise words from the Havamal....Viking age wisdom...but still holds true today...Havamal is well worth reading.
Andy

What LE could have done and could still do (I know, no resources for that) is to set up a sting.
Presumably they have collected bullets from the murders.
The sting would be like one of those F&G stuffed deer stings.
A fresh leaping Deer Crossing sign could be used for the bait.

The gun goons that did the murders are very likely "sign shooters" as well.
Catch someone shooting that deer sign, seize their firearms and then let forensics look for a bullet match.
Four years have gone by, so the killer(s) may not still be in the area.
Looks like LE continues to wait for someone to talk.

Last Edited:
I haven't been to wolf creek in 6 months at least, but the brass collectors I've run into have all been courteous enough, even when I've been alone. I've seen the white van, don't remember the light bar but I may just not have noticed.

And yes, shooting after dark there is illegal as several have noted.

How does one "fire a burst or 10"...from a AR...?
( From the post in the OP )
I'm guessing it was a typo, and the poster meant "a burst of 10." The r and f keys are next to each other.
Wasn't there an unsolved murder (of some similar described people) at a shooting area somewhere around Portland a couple years ago ?
I vaguely remember a thread about that. If I'm not mistaken it was someone thought to be a brass picker.
We had to pull off I-5 with a radiator problem into Wolf Creek, just last summer. I don't recall EVER seeing a more zombie-town area of meth head burnouts pointlessly stumbling around, it was absolutely eerie. The burned out RV on the way in to the gas station was a signal, for sure.
That's a different Wolf Creek.

Just shoot within about 30 feet of them to really piss them off.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top