JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We had to pull off I-5 with a radiator problem into Wolf Creek, just last summer. I don't recall EVER seeing a more zombie-town area of meth head burnouts pointlessly stumbling around, it was absolutely eerie. The burned out RV on the way in to the gas station was a signal, for sure.

I've only personally met one person who I think should be dead. Granted "I" don't want to kill them, I just think they should be dead. Like wrapped around a tree in the middle of nowhere so ambulances can't get there in time. He's an unapologetic alcoholic who drinks and drives for recreation, drinks at work and thinks it's funny to belittle others.

There are a ton of people I don't get along with and don't particularly like. Even people I despise, but only one person I've met who I truly think this world will be better without.
Only ONE?! You do t get out much!

I stopped going to Wolf Creek because every time I did Id get swept with a muzzle. That said I did meet a couple that pulled up and very politely asked if they could pick up my brass. Super nice about it.
Id take my chances with the brass collectors.

Soooo...
How do we know that anything in the OP actually happened...?
After it is the internet...where one can post almost anything.
Andy
Sounds like a fantasy encounter. I don't know about the van, but I do see people picking up brass. I'm usually gone by dusk. I just can't see anyone pigheaded enough to think that sounds normal.

My partner and I have encountered the old couple at Wolf Creek. They pulled up maybe an hour or 90 minutes before sundown and stopped their van about a hundred feet past lane 2. They loitered at their van for a half hour, then wandered down and told us they drove the van off the road and were stuck. They asked if we would help call AAA for them. We were friendly, but said good luck. They asked if it was cool if they picked up brass. We asked them to wait until we were done and said that we would be done soon. They went back to their vehicle. We were almost done for the day anyway, so we each kept a defensive firearm at the ready while we completed the magazines we already had loaded, then we cleaned up and GTFO there.

Ever since, we have spent an hour picking up every single piece of brass we can find there after we shoot just to spite them.

I'm more scared of the poster in that thread than I am of the old couple, but they are sketchy for sure. I wouldn't want to be at Wolf Creek after dark with any of them.

My partner and I have encountered the old couple at Wolf Creek. They pulled up maybe an hour or 90 minutes before sundown and stopped their van about a hundred feet past lane 2. They loitered at their van for a half hour, then wandered down and told us they drove the van off the road and were stuck. They asked if we would help call AAA for them. We were friendly, but said good luck. They asked if it was cool if they picked up brass. We asked them to wait until we were done and said that we would be done soon. They went back to their vehicle. We were almost done for the day anyway, so we each kept a defensive firearm at the ready while we completed the magazines we already had loaded, then we cleaned up and GTFO there.

Ever since, we have spent an hour picking up every single piece of brass we can find there after we shoot just to spite them.

I'm more scared of the poster in that thread than I am of the old couple, but they are sketchy for sure. I wouldn't want to be at Wolf Creek after dark with any of them.
When crazy meets crazy. I've seen enough internet to know what happens. There's always someone even more bizarre out there. How do these people navigate their way through life is what I want to know.

My girl and I went up to north wolf 2 weeks ago it was great we were at range early as hell got to setup steel targets and paper on the third range. We saw so many people driving up to the 4th range only to drive back down because it was full the whole time I am thinking why are people so hesitant to ask granted I had like 10 handguns out on the handgun side and like 10 rifles on the rifle side lol but I would gladly move over. Eventually someone driving down gave me a double take and I signaled to him to come over. I told them we are totally fine sharing the lane with them. They setup their handguns stuff I got my handguns and rifle on the other side. I let them shoot some of my guns we all had a good time we all respected going cold and going hot. I enjoy meeting new people through firearms! I have yet to run into a problem there your mileage may vary. I would rather go to N.wolf than any indoor or outdoor range near me. Be sure to pickup your trash and your golden 👍🏽

This is how "Public" shooting areas get closed down. The easiest solution for a state agency to deal with the "problem".

Ten years ago I was shooting at a "public" range outside of Nampa, Idaho with my brother. The range was actually on a ranch, and the owner had set up the range for public use. We were nearly done shooting and a gentleman drove up and asked if we kept our brass, and we said yes. He just waved and drove on. If I weren't a reloader I would have been more than happy to let him clean it up for us.

Last Edited:
Sounds like more creepypasta on the internet. He took a little bit of truth (brass pickers at a range) and twisted it to fit his "anti-gun" agenda.

"I fired a burst of 10 or so directly at the steel" <---?

Folks in a white van with a white light.. <---?

In my years of shooting at ranges I've never seen anything like that. Everyone tends to be very polite in an environment where everyone is armed.

Last Edited:
Its too easy to dismiss as a false flag, but mentioning a very well known …brass..couple.. is just too specific. Also, why on a gun forum and not a portland general if they are they are just trying to elicit a response? Similar to them posting the story here instead of to Willy week.

"Sounds pretty strange to me"
You have been around portland right?
The last clean-up we did out there. Don't remember the date but it was a Saturday starting about 9:00am. Maybe late Jul early Aug? There were a couple people that didn't really seem to fit in with the mostly younger crowd I remember. They were right in there with us picking the mess up. Realized later that they might have been there to pick up brass when all of us showed up? And dug right in with us. Somehow "White van with a light-bar" sounds familiar? @Cogs might remember them?

Other than that, why do these people, like in what-ever-the-hell media that is, have to play such hard-dicks?
What a bunch of humps.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top