JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
During the Cold War, there was a kind of division of expertise among the Warsaw Pact countries. With a given country within the alliance specializing in niche areas that the others would mutually benefit from. CBR (chemical, biological, radiological) defense was one of the Czech specialties. That and heavy trucks from Tatra. They are closer to the source of trouble than we are. Their continued interest in this is understandable.

In the USA the only one who get quality shelters are:
  • The rich
  • The powerful
  • Politicians
Everyone else can take shelter under their kitchen table.
A basic shelter runs about the cost of a new car. Having somewhere to put it, installation, stocking it are additional considerations and costs.

But depending on the event, what would you do after coming out of the shelter?

I have a property in a high threat of fire area so my shelter is designed for that event. I will stay to fight the fire and protect property. Should I be overwhelme I have a safe place to retreat to as well a place to protect certain valuables.

I would say it requires some income, a budget, motivation and time. Would my shelter survive a direct hit from a 50 kt can of sunshine? No, few will. But once a summer it looks like MadMax around here when the Gambler 500 rolls through hahaha!!

^^ Anything is probably better than nothing, but in reality, a shelter is really useless unless for something basic like you are describing.

If a shelter is ever really needed here for something BIG, 99.9% of them imo will be inadequate. Gates, Klaus and his ilk have REAL shelters/bunkers in Norway and spread across the globe. Put there more for the coming pole shifts, asteroids, N.War, or any other fill in the blank humanity-ending disasters.

Sadly, even the Oligarchs may not survive 1000 mph winds and mile high waves full of debris and rocks. In any case, we don't matter; we are the cattle, the useless eaters.

We have a $$ printing press as our primary global weapon (not the military, we actually control via financial fraud) and that will finally be defunct in the not too distant future.

Who really wants WWIII? HINT - the US, the military industrial complex, NATO. No one else does. Not even Russia. Our proxy war moves started all of that right on their borders. But since CNN and its propaganda says otherwise, most Americas cheer on the true war criminals.

The tribal thing where we are the good guys and everyone else is bad is for the deluded. The facts say otherwise.

Jimmy Dore Brings ANTI-WAR Message To Fox News - posted today -- probably the best YT video I've seen exposing who really wants war.

In recent memory I've read at least a couple history books about the quixotic attempt to get a viable shelter plan/system in place in this country. Suffice it to say the results were significantly less than a resounding success. And further proof one must take one's own initiative for family survival.

You could always buy one of those abandoned missile silos in eastern WA. Didn't they film beyond thunder dome or some such at one of those? Don't buy the one by priest rapids dam though it's all full of water.

Who really wants WWIII? HINT - the US, the military industrial complex, NATO. No one else does. Not even Russia. Our proxy war moves started all of that right on their borders. But since CNN and its propaganda says otherwise, most Americas cheer on the true war criminals.
I don't think they (or anyone) wants global thermo-nuclear war - they do much better in the long term with low intensity (comparatively) wars that last for a long time.

You could always buy one of those abandoned missile silos in eastern WA. Didn't they film beyond thunder dome or some such at one of those? Don't buy the one by priest rapids dam though it's all full of water.
I think the guy that ran the National UFO Reporting Center was running his operation and living in one of those.

How many people, when told they have cancer, just give up?

How many people here would not at least try to survive a nuclear holocaust?

Survival is one of our strongest instincts - possibly the strongest.
What kind of planet is going to be left after bombs drop?

I'm not wasting the life I have to "prep" for some unknown event that if actually happens, makes the planet so inhospitable and miserable that you have to spend every waking hour "surviving" and sleep with one eye open, only to have your lungs melt away from radiation poisoning anyway. That doesn't sound like much of a life to me, just alive.

Yeah, call me a fat, lazy American. Tomorrow is promised to no-one, prepared or not.

I'm not wasting the life I have to "prep" for some unknown event that if actually happens, makes the planet so inhospitable and miserable that you have to spend every waking hour "surviving" and sleep with one eye open, only to have your lungs melt away from radiation poisoning anyway. That doesn't sound like much of a life to me, just alive.
Then don't.

But a root cellar with some additional mods might be adequate.

Unless its a dirty bomb, the radioactivity from thermo nuclear bombs drops off pretty quick to the point there isn't much use staying in a shelter beyond 30 days.
No way I saw a documentary on the history channel about how after the bombs went off everybody lived underground for a long time. It was the one with the doomsday bomb. Dr Zaius was all over that sh!t at the time apparently.

8084BC27-804B-459A-BE2A-7978388651A8.png
,,;l,l,;l.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR