JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can you guys all keep it down??!!! A few years back I could get a CZ for 350 in great shape at a local shop. Now because more people are "finding the CZ" people are wanting more and more.

The guns suck. Nobody likes them. Ignore all the people saying they are great and stop driving the prices up for me!

For real though even my 83 is one of my favorites. Double stack heavy .380 is great for a good capacity and very very little recoil. CZ to me is just the top of the list on favorites to shoot of all the guns I have....Carry on the other hand is a bit rough with the heavy bricks sometimes.

I had a 40p and that was the best shooting 40 I have ever had or seen. I really wish I had not been tempted to trade it for something else. One of the girls that got away for me.

The CZ's just shoot well for me. Add the CGW parts and they are amazing. The Tristat and Caniks from Turkey are every bit as well made and shoot as well but typically run $150 less. I now have 4 Tristars and CGW make parts for them too.

Last Edited:
How are you feeling Lance?

You don't like Japanese animation or manga comics? Some of them are quite good.

I'm really feeling great currently, as I am eagerly awaiting the premiere of the new SUPERGIRL prime time TV show on CBS this coming October.

super3.jpg

Here are some scenes from the coming series:

Supergirl arrives on earth as a 13 yr old girl:

vlcsnap-00019a.jpg

Supergirl is adopted by the Danvers family. Her adoptive mother Sylvia Danvers is played by actress Helen Slater, well known as the star of the 1984 movie Supergirl. Her adoptive father Fred Danvers is played by Dean Cain, best known for starring as Superman in the hit TV series Lois & Clark on ABC.

vlcsnap-00020a.jpg

Supergirl reveals herself to the world at age 24, when she uses her incredible Kryptonian powers to prevent an airliner from crashing into a bridge, and saves the lives of all on board:

vlcsnap-00009a.jpg

Supergirl decides to use her powers to protect mankind, especially the citizens of National City ( the name of the capitol of the United States in DC comics ) where she lives. In this scene, heavily armed bankrobbers find that they are no match for her:

vlcsnap-00023a.jpg

When she discovers that terrorists are about to strike National City and slaughter innocent civilians by the thousands, she runs outside and rips her clothes off:

supergirl-2B.jpg

And then sends herself streaking across the sky, to go stop them:

vlcsnap-00021a.jpg

It should be a great show!!

Last Edited:
Well you gave away the plot so now it is ruined. I was totally gunna watch that show too.....:rolleyes:

Dude: The basic plot of Supergirl has been around since 1959, when DC Comics first introduced her character. Saving planes, fighting bank robbers and terrorists is all standard fare. In fact, a number of people have complained that the series pilot was initially too predictable in the beginning, and had her doing cliche Superman feats.

However, I pulled all of these images from just the 1st half hour of the pilot. I've not said anything at all about any of the major supporting characters ( there are some really interesting ones ), nor any of the surprising plot twists that unfold. The 2nd half hour takes a most ominous turn, with Supergirl being put in very grave jeopardy, barely escaping death at the last moment.

Plus there are an additional 22 more one hour episodes planned for the 1st season to look forward to.

CBS themselves gave away more about the pilot than I did. If you really want to learn more about the program, this introductory teaser trailer from CBS contains a whopping 6 1/2 minutes of the pilot. It gives away much more info than I did:

What model CZ does Supergirl use, anyway?

Joken asked me how I was feeling. So I simply wanted to let him know how excited I am currently feeling about Supergirl coming to CBS this Fall.

I'm sorry that Joken changed the subject to how I was feeling.

I'm pretty stoked about the new STAR WARS coming in December too!!

Here is concept art of that movie's climactic scene, where Hans Solo's daughter Rey picks up the light saber of her just slain uncle Luke Skywalker, and rescues her wounded father from imminent death at the hands of the new Sith Lord Kylo Ren:

temqqcdb6a0hojqgckfp.jpg

Last Edited:
"In keeping with my focus on C&R I had to get a CZ82 (pictured with a CZ75 Compact,which I've since sold). It's the sweetest shooting pistol I've ever fired and more accurate than I am. The only downside is loading up on 9x18 Makarov ammo when it's available."

I liked my CZ82 so much, I bought another. I've seen it described as "heavy for caliber", but it's a great little gun, feels right and shoots straight. As far as Mak ammo, I just trim down 9x19 brass that I pick up by the thousands off the ground at the range, recycle scrap bullets I pick up by the bucket off the berm, and put it together for ammo cheaper and far more plentiful that .22lr at the moment. :)

I used to shoot my CZ52 a lot more back when you could get surplus 7.62x25 by the crate for cheap, though it's pretty obsolete by any standard unlike the CZ82.

"If a gun is SA, it should be a Browning Hi-Power."

I sure do love a good Hi-Power. Why does the 1911 get all the glory while the "Grande Puissance" gets overlooked?
At the same time, I think I like my CZ75 every bit as much as the old P-35 (maybe more, sorry). :)

Lance,
I asked how you were feeling because when I met you a few months ago, your health was suffering.

My health is a personal matter, and is certainly not a topic for public discussion. I mistakenly thought that you were referring to feelings.

Did you buy something from me? I've been seriously downsizing my gun collection this past year. I used to have quite an extensive collection, and have sold quite a bit of stuff to a lot of people.

Last Edited:
Lance, I was attempting to offer you a greeting and kind word. I guess concern for another persons well being is offensive these days. It won't happen again that's for damn sure.

Dude: The basic plot of Supergirl has been around since 1959, when DC Comics first introduced her character. Saving planes, fighting bank robbers and terrorists is all standard fare. In fact, a number of people have complained that the series pilot was initially too predictable in the beginning, and had her doing cliche Superman feats.

However, I pulled all of these images from just the 1st half hour of the pilot. I've not said anything at all about any of the major supporting characters ( there are some really interesting ones ), nor any of the surprising plot twists that unfold. The 2nd half hour takes a most ominous turn, with Supergirl being put in very grave jeopardy, barely escaping death at the last moment.

Plus there are an additional 22 more one hour episodes planned for the 1st season to look forward to.

CBS themselves gave away more about the pilot than I did. If you really want to learn more about the program, this introductory teaser trailer from CBS contains a whopping 6 1/2 minutes of the pilot. It gives away much more info than I did:

No worries on my part - it was a feeble attempt at humor and not a reprimand. Sometimes in these difficult times we need to lighten up a bit. Fact is I'm looking forward to both Supergirl and the new Star Wars as well. Hope your health concerns are behind you soon!

Lance, I was attempting to offer you a greeting and kind word. I guess concern for another persons well being is offensive these days. It won't happen again that's for damn sure.

To be honest, I do not even know who you are. I cannot find any past private messages from you here on this website. Did you buy something from me off a Facebook ad? If you did, then how can you expect me to recognize you here on this website under a handle?

If you had contacted me privately either on the phone or in a private message, and used your real name, maybe I would then remember selling something to you. And doing that would have been perfectly fine for you to do if you are truly concerned about me.

But why would you want to bring up my personal and intimate business here in a public forum like this, for the whole world to see?

Your hostility here is very strange. One sentence you say that you have concern, and the very next you curse me. Those two things do not go together. They are inconsistent.

You should have contacted me privately and better identified yourself. Your statement was also so brief and vague, that it made it difficult for me to know what you were attempting to say.

Last Edited:
I sacrificed mine when I bought a house a couple of years ago. Bought it in 2000 as my present to myself when I came home from deployment. Great pistol. I miss it, but will buy another someday. IMG_6650.JPG

This was the first gun I ever bought. Reminded me of the Berreta's we fired in the C.G. only better! After a little CGW love, this has become a gun that puts a LOT of smiles on shooters faces, both new and experienced shooters.

20150712_111413.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads