JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
just ONE SIMPLE TOOL
NO tools. 1911 :)

I can not shoot a Glock. More specifically I can not shoot a Glock consistently or well.
I never did find out just what it was that kept me from making the adjustment so I'm going to put it fully on me and not the Glock. I don't think it's the trigger because I'm a bit of a dinosaur. I have extensive double action revolver experience.

Maybe if they make it heavier and in a different color?

NO tools. 1911 :)

I can not shoot a Glock. More specifically I can not shoot a Glock consistently or well.
I never did find out just what it was that kept me from making the adjustment so I'm going to put it fully on me and not the Glock. I don't think it's the trigger because I'm a bit of a dinosaur. I have extensive double action revolver experience.

Maybe if they make it heavier and in a different color?
With a Glock you are charging the last 30% of the striker spring with the trigger press.
Because of this, right handed shooters new to Glock will often hit low-left until they master a straight back trigger press.

You're better at it than me.

I'll admit that on a pistol that has been apart a "few" times it is easier.
I am using a replacement sear spring that has a useable tang for magazine catch disassembly.
The stock sear spring is kind of hit and miss depending on model and era.

!911 after a long layoff, low left. 20-50 rounds and I've got my mind right.
I don't have that problem with "N" frames. A year layoff and it's like days.
The Glock? No consistency, ever.
Balance a coin on the front sight and do some dry fire practice.
Try different spots on your trigger finger.
Center pad, 1st joint etc.
I like the "thumbs forward" grip.

Balance a coin on the front sight and do some dry fire practice.
Try different spots on your trigger finger.
Center pad, 1st joint etc.
I like the "thumbs forward" grip.
Let me be as perfectly clear as possible.

I have attempted some semblance of proficiency with Glock pistols over multiple calibers, models, generations, and thousands of rounds of ammunition for forty years.
No trained seal balancing act is going to solve the problem.
No further amount of training is ever going to recoup the time and money I spent attempting to master the advanced polymer projectile dispensing pistol.
I was done with it then and I'm done with it now and for the foreseeable future.
If I had to pick one up and use it in the extreme case, I'm sure I could point it in the general direction of an intended landing spot with some proficiency.
I'm more able to get consistent hits with a 44 cap and ball.
I regularly train with an S&W "N" frame at 50M and hold to 5".
My 1911's are minute of melon out to 50M as well.
I have a Hi-Power or two that hold the same off hand accuracy.
The 9mm FEG P9R fired double action isn't far behind.
Why in the world would I waste any more time, money, effort, on a platform that has for forty years has frustrated me?
My only regrets are the time I lost, the ammunition I wasted, and the numerous Glock pistols that I purchased and sold at a loss.
If I knew now what I knew then I would have never picked up a Glock in the first place.
You would think that after ten, twenty, thirty, years of continuous frustration I would have figured out that a Glock doesn't belong in my hands.
I guess I'm just not that smart.

I have attempted some semblance of proficiency with Glock pistols over multiple calibers, models, generations, and thousands of rounds of ammunition for forty years.
No further amount of training is ever going to recoup the time and money I spent attempting to master the advanced polymer projectile dispensing pistol.
I was done with it then and I'm done with it now and for the foreseeable future.
If I had to pick one up and use it in the extreme case, I'm sure I could point it in the general direction of an intended landing spot with some proficiency.
Why in the world would I waste any more time, money, effort, on a platform that has for forty years has frustrated me?
My only regrets are the time I lost, the ammunition I wasted, and the numerous Glock pistols that I purchased and sold at a loss.
If I knew now what I knew then I would have never picked up a Glock in the first place.
You would think that after ten, twenty, thirty, years of continuous frustration I would have figured out that a Glock doesn't belong in my hands.
I had the striker gun low left blues when I first picked one up.
Walther PPS-M2
I was able to beat it and the harbor seal balancing act helped.

At certain point, you drive on.

Gotta go with what works best for you, not everyone has "Glock hands".

I'm fortunate, blessed with medium sized hands and I can easily handle Glocks, M&P 2.0's, 1911's and even Sigs…

:eek:

My personal favorite
1684726080196.jpeg

Many folks say it's the Glock grip angle, which is diff than a 1911 I guess. But also big diff between the narrow 1911 grip and the double stack Glock grip. Makes a diff in hand mechanics.

Speaking of grip girth, I've grown quite fond of thin grip panels on a 1911. Found my sweet spot, if you will.
I'm just the opposite, I loved my Para 2011 girth. In fact, when I shot my Ruger SR9c with the thinner grip for the first time, I went right out and got a Hogue rubber wrap for it. Now it's just right and the gun I shoot SD practice the best. Comes right back in line for quick double taps that are almost touching at 7yds. :))))

NO. That is good feature IMO, adds two cents to the overall cost of the gun. I don't want a set of $60-100 sights that I'm going to change out anyway. As far as I'm concerned the POS plastic sights are a place holder, nothing else.
Right. Like the just-barely-covers-the-innards wood slab grips on many old SW revolver models. Anybody who was knowledgeable about revolvers would replace those grips with some thing that fit their hand perfectly. So that when they pointed the gun instinctively it was automatically on target. But as people became less familiar with revolvers and magnum revolver calibers made the revolvers actually unshootable without hand damage with dinky grips, SW went to putting real grips on the guns, ones that would be a reasonable choice for many people and purposes. But it increases the overall cost if you are going to replace the grips anyway.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top