JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Pistol variants of the M1 Carbine

• Love it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd SBR it, but as a pistol... Nope

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Not a rifle-length barrel, so... Nope

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Not a [insert brand of choice], so... Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How dare they modernize a classic!

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meh.

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Where's my beer?

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Before they came out with these I built my own with a repro carbine and repro stock.

0A6C847C-E6E6-4ABE-B7E8-E2392DA63803.jpeg

I like M1 Carbines....as a carbine....:D
Not too keen on 'em as a pistol.
I hope these Inland's are better than the Universal / Iver Johnson "Enforcer" pistols....
Better....As in quality and quality control.
Andy

Last Edited:
every carbine copy i've seen was junk. i would not accept one as a gift.
Mostly true. SAI and IAI were hit and miss. My IAI runs like a Singer sewing machine.
I got lucky and I didnt want to butcher an original.

I also have a '43 IBM all original.

110 soft points are a game changer for that gun. I'm not a carbine apologist but to be fair:

It shoots 700 ish fps faster than 9 with over double the muzzle energy in near comparable bullet weights.

I think a lot of the stories about the ineffectiveness of the gun are just that. It also was fielded along side the Garand which makes it look punier than it is.

My dad carried a Rock-Ola M2 Carbine during Korea....it worked well for him.
Not so well for more than a few North Koreans and CCP troops .

M1 and M2 Carbines were used by some PDF forces during Operation Just Cause...
They worked well there too...speaking from personal experience.
Weird being shot at...even weirder being shot at by a "good guy gun.".

I have owned two Carbines...both Inland...one as issued during WWII it was '43 dated.
Another '44 dated and updated post -war with stock and sight changes as well as a bayonet lug added.
Both shot well for me...I'd love a Rock-Ola M1....oh well.

The 110 grain soft points and hollow points sure make for a dandy self defense and hunting round.
The 115 FMJ ain't lacking either....

As for the OP...
Not for me...but...if the OP like's 'em.....buy one...and give us a range report.
Andy

I ended up with a Saginaw parts gun many years ago, and it took me forever to get it up and running correctly and fitted with a proper stock and sights, but DAMN does that little carbine rock, and knowing what I know of the M-1Carbine, I wouldn't want a short barrel of one in any configuration!

M30, well, a way for the company to maximize their capital equipment. But just another semi auto toy.

I've had my .30 Carbine days and they are long past. Like several other of my firearms fancies.

My now-deceased father in law was a machine gunner in the 1st Mar Div on Guadalcanal, among other places, 1942-45. A couple of times I got him to open up about his experiences, and as a gun fancier, some of my questions were about the firearms his people used. While he was in the Marines, they changed over from the 03 Springfield to the M1 Rifle. The subject of the M1 Carbine for officers came up, and his words were, "Any officer who took his shooting seriously carried an M1 Rifle, not a Carbine."

I like it (except the price) I've had M1 Carbines for around 50 years, Egad!! I've never had issues with them. Probably because I've rebuilt, restored and machined them. But I have a couple of originals with the correct parts and they work too. You don't need a 30.06 to have fun at 100 yards. Should have had another box for just liking em'.

DSC01880 (Small).JPG

To each their own, and I'm a big M1 Carbine fan, but something like that isn't my cup of tea.

I think the carbine was great for what it was, in it's time, and is still a great little rifle, but modern designs are (as much as I hate to admit it) objectively better. I don't understand reproducing something classic like the Carbine only to doll it up like an AR or something. It seems a little like tooling up to recreate the Ford Model T, then putting some body panels on it to make it look more like a late model Mustang.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews