JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep - they were definitely the 'sleeper' in the gun world for a long time - heck I didn't even know much about them until I found mine and did some research on CZ before I bought it. My only gripes (which are not a quality issues) are the relatively small sights, non-typical front dovetail and because I have a 75BD the trigger on the decocker model is not new as good as the SA but all of this can be remedied. Ask Wyo what he said after shooting it yesterday - His words were "This might be the best semi-auto I have ever shot"

More info please? Who? Price?

They're almost as ugly as a Sig and can't shoot straight.
I wouldn't mess with them.

13928_10200686981475741_685767261_n_zps13caa746.jpg

I owned two Shadows and converted both to Single Action Only. They were like 1911's with 19 round mag capacity. I tried several grips and the aluminum ones in the photo look best but I went with a Hogue wrap around for comfort. I have owned many Sigs and HK's but none of the shot as accurately, for me, as the Shadows. Now I have several Tristars at one third the price and very little drop off in accuracy.:)

The 9
The 40
The 45

9 is a pre B model 75, 40 a B model 75, & the 45 a 97 with the wickedly shiny dark blued finish. All of them are a pleasure to shoot & accurate as can be.

1_zpsi1ujcihz.jpg

Every time I click this thread I miss my CZ40p. That gun was a bad mofo. Most accurate 40 with the smallest amount of recoil I have shot. Too bad the capacity sucked for a gun that big. Other than that it was a perfect shooter.

OK, here is a old police trade in that I just finished, before and after. The sear cage with decocker is a bear to get back together even if you think you know what you are doing. Tungsten and Graphite black cerakote. LPA rear sight and fiber optic front. Cajun hammer, trigger and more. Nice guns, but somewhat of a PITA to work on. Not a very good picture.
Jim CZ 1.jpg
CZ Jims.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, here is a old police trade in that I just finished. The sear cage with decocker is a bear to get back together even if you think you know what you are doing. Tungsten and Graphite black cerakote. LPA rear sight and fiber optic front. Cajun hammer, trigger and more. Nice guns, but somewhat of a PITA to work on. Not a very good picture.

View attachment 248659

Hey, at least you used one of the good paper towels as a backdrop. :D

I've been looking at a better trigger for mine but couldn't decide between doing it myself and sending it in. Guess I'll send it in.

Do it yourself, just make a slave pin for the sear cage to keep it in one piece. There is a lifter spring there that is the diameter of a pubic hair and try as I may, I lost it. You will also need some roll pin punches.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top