JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The short of it is these pistols are of very high quality and very accurate. I bought this here recently and honestly like it better than any of my Sigs, H&K or others that I own or have owned. It reminds me some of a real nice BHP. I installed the comp hammer that came with it and combined with the 13 lb main spring, the trigger is excellent. These guns are an absolute steal for what they sell for. CZ 85B
CZ85.jpg

I have a tricked out (Cajun gunworks) CZ75B SAO that quickly became my favorite shooter. I used to own a Sig 226 Elite and the CZ is better hands down for hundreds less even after the upgrades!

The short of it is these pistols are of very high quality and very accurate.
Yep - they were definitely the 'sleeper' in the gun world for a long time - heck I didn't even know much about them until I found mine and did some research on CZ before I bought it. My only gripes (which are not a quality issues) are the relatively small sights, non-typical front dovetail and because I have a 75BD the trigger on the decocker model is not new as good as the SA but all of this can be remedied. Ask Wyo what he said after shooting it yesterday - His words were "This might be the best semi-auto I have ever shot"

Last Edited:
I love CZs. Some of the finest handguns ever built in my opinion. This is my CZ 75 Pre B. If you ever find one definitely pick it up. Easily my favorite handgun. I have been contemplating refinishing it (as the "paint" finish isn't great, that new Poly finish is amazing). Great shooting gun and never once malfunctioned. Even though it's about 30 years old now.

image.jpg

Honestly it is the best out of the box pistol I have fired. I could hit at will with it. We looked at a new cz75 today at sportsman's in bend. My wife loved it. She did well with it, first time shooting a pistol.

It sucks when you shoot a friends pistol better than your own, which is exactly what happened to me. He has the CZ75 Phantom 9mm.

Not knowing a ton about CZ as to where they fall in the hierarchy of firearms, and not having a higher capacity 9mm I became very interested in the P07. That lead me to the CZ75 P01 that I recently purchased.

The feel and accuracy was exactly what I was expecting. But either due to the flatness of the trigger or the extreme curve in its shape, shooting it would become downright painful after going thru only one magazine. Not to be beat or give in too soon, I fired several hundred rounds, which gets expensive these days.

I sent it back to CZ for a look. They said there was nothing wrong and they didn't fix anything. I got it back but so far haven't experienced any pain after shooting a few hundred more (500ish total). That said I seem to have lost some accuracy with it. I find that interesting. Beyond that turn around time was incredibly quick & easy.

Finally. I don't know how I feel. I have several other firearms. None have ever had this problem. Where will this one fall after some more rounds? Everything else others have said is spot on. The sights are horrible but it doesn't seem to matter. Even shooting what I call bad with this pistol is still very acceptable by most standards.

Last Edited:
Big fan of CZ's. Classic looks you love or hate and Few pistols feel as ergonomic and at home in the hands. The weight also lends itself to the Defensive paper-weight option after your bullets are expended...

It sucks when you shoot a friends pistol better than your own, which is exactly what happened to me. He has the CZ75 Phantom 9mm.

Not knowing a ton about CZ as to where they fall in the hierarchy of firearms, and not having a higher capacity 9mm I became very interested in the P07. That lead me to the CZ75 P01 that I recently purchased.

The feel and accuracy was exactly what I was expecting. But either due to the flatness of the trigger or the extreme curve in its shape, shooting it would become downright painful after going thru only one magazine. Not to be beat or give in too soon, I fired several hundred rounds, which gets expensive these days.

I sent it back to CZ for a look. They said there was nothing wrong and they didn't fix anything. I got it back but so far haven't experienced any pain after shooting a few hundred more (500ish total). That said I seem to have lost some accuracy with it. I find that interesting. Beyond that turn around time was incredibly quick & easy.

Finally. I don't know how I feel. I have several other firearms. None have ever had this problem. Where will this one fall after some more rounds? Everything else others have said is spot on. The sights are horrible but it doesn't seem to matter. Even shooting what I call bad with this pistol is still very acceptable by most standards.

That's really odd. My P01 is one of the most comfortable pistols I've shot. I've shot a 75 "pre - B" and was amazed at the accuracy. Both guns fall to the hand very naturally. Like shaking hands with your twin.

Here's a pic from 7 or 12 yrds before I sent it back to CZ. The first 5 shots in the big center target I deem ok. Then my finger starts to hurt from "trigger slap" or bite. How ever you call it. You can see the flyers. Then I take a short rest and I pull the group back in a little.

After getting it back. I have no finger pain but my grouping was not as good. Regardless if you call that good or not, I don't shoot as tight as I did previously. Sorry no after pics. It still is a new pistol to me and getting used to it. Also, I am more accurate with the P01 as far as grouping than my XD40 but not as much as my Bersa bp9.

I am eager to get back out there but hard to fit in range time lately. Also I think I need to focus on practicing one gun at a time.

20150406_112924.jpg

Big fan of CZ, they've been making excellent firearms for many years, the CZ75 is just one of their best. I bought an 85 Combat a few days ago to use for USPSA, and set up a target at 25 yards to sight it in, first 5 shots, this happened No idea what caused the flyer, but I'm sure it was me. They are very well made pistols.

th_IMG_20150703_141717107_zpsnap2ucke.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top