JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honest question - Do not have many Glocks in my safe. Does Glock update their pistols or do they just create a new pistol (adding optic cuts don't count)? They all look alike and all have the same controls on every line(personally I hate the take down tabs) and think like Henry Ford ...everything in black! Plus their numbering system has no regularity to it, but then that's me.

Don't hate Glocks but I don't hate the Amish either. Both create wll made items, both they are both plain

My 2cents

The fundamental design is potato so mustard, mmhm.

IMG_0932.jpeg

I recently purchased the Glock 47 MOS that was just made available to the public. It looks a little different and uses a shorter spring so you can convert it to a shorter slide if you like. Not that I ever will.
I see Glocks as a "if it's not broke, don't fix it" situation.
Love my 22 gen 5 and the 47 MOS.

We are on Gen5 now. So they make incremental changes here and there. Glock has such a cult following already I don't think they need to change too much. FWIW there are plenty of aftermarket upgrades available.

Hard to believe the basic design has been around since 1982. It has gone from being modern to being a modern classic.

I recall when Gaston Glock first introduced the model 17, came in with a storm of protest by the gun grabbers. Didn't take long for most police departments to fall in love with the Glock as it's so simple to run you can train most anyone to operate it. It's the little darling of the police world by all accounts and I doubt Glock wants to change a winner.

Tweak a few things here and there but overall they got it pretty right the first go around and are starting to realize that by going backwards on some aspects like the grip.

With patents expiring, and other companies taking advantage of the expired patents, that market will likely push forward faster than Glock ever will.

Glock knows my playing it safe they can sell millions.

That old saying, "don't fix what ain't broken."

Glock = Volkswagen 1938-1970-something.

Why screw up a good design?

After while, you'd think market saturation would set in. Because Volkswagens wear out, handguns not so much.

I have one, like it a lot for what it is.

I hope not. Haha. Just one more front serration. They could at least ditch the plastic iron sights.
NO. That is good feature IMO, adds two cents to the overall cost of the gun. I don't want a set of $60-100 sights that I'm going to change out anyway. As far as I'm concerned the POS plastic sights are a place holder, nothing else.

NO. That is good feature IMO, adds two cents to the overall cost of the gun. I don't want a set of $60-100 sights that I'm going to change out anyway. As far as I'm concerned the POS plastic sights are a place holder, nothing else.
Never looked at it from the perspective. I agree 100%. Leave the plastic sights.

We are on Gen5 now. So they make incremental changes here and there. Glock has such a cult following already I don't think they need to change too much. FWIW there are plenty of aftermarket upgrades available.

Hard to believe the basic design has been around since 1982. It has gone from being modern to being a modern classic.
Agree, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Fortunately the Swiss came through with the aluminum body usw. Adds a non moving red dot (reg sights still visible), charging handle and stock without adding much weight or size. Depends on what you are doing with the gun of course so may not fit some uses. Extremely well designed and built.

DE0904A3-80C9-4D5C-B15C-2F66A5C39904.png
FBFBA0F2-85F4-4BDA-B166-7D69C9CCBB1F.png

As far as Glock "updates" go they just do generation changes. Glock did on the recent make a new factory OEM trigger:

You can find them online for $89 or so I've seen. Eventually I feel this will be in the guns from the factory itself, much like their Glock night sights on certain models or MOS/non MOS.

I prefer Glock as near stock as possible and usually avoid aftermarket unless it's sights/lights/magazines but now with them offering a factory trigger option I'm curious - that's one area a lot of people swap out for aftermarket options which can cause issues but now there's a OEM option by Glock themselves.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top