JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
12/05/2022 Form 4473 filled out with CHL
01/05/2023 7,167 in cue
01/12/2023 4,916 in cue

This was from last Thursday, 01/05/2023 to today, Thursday 01/12/2023. I did not call at the same time each day, so following figure is just a fairly good estimate. This comes out to 322 per day, so I should see my new gun around the 27th of this month. That's getting close to two months for something that normally takes a few minutes. Last week I estimated that I should have passed the BGC by the 15th of the month, now pushed back to the 27th. According to my FFL, last week I estimated that 354 BGC's were being approved per day. This week that estimate is 322 per day. :mad:

Last Edited:
12/05/2022 Form 4473 filled out
01/05/2023 7,167 in cue
01/12/2023 4,916 in cue

This was from last Thursday, 01/05/2023 to today, Thursday 01/12/2023. I did not call at the same time each day, so following figure is just a fairly good estimate. This comes out to 322 per day, so I should see my new gun around the 27th of this month. That's getting close to two months for something that normally takes a few minutes. Last week I estimated that I should have passed the BGC by the 15th of the month, now pushed back to the 27th. According to my FFL, last week I estimated that 354 BGC's were being approved per day. This week that estimate is 322 per day. :mad:

Did you happen to ask your FFL if they can see how many are in the CHL vs non-CHL queue? I'm wondering if at this point they've been going in order of submission for long enough that the queue numbers actually mean something again.

Did you happen to ask your FFL if they can see how many are in the CHL vs non-CHL queue? I'm wondering if at this point they've been going in order of submission for long enough that the queue numbers actually mean something again.
No, I didn't get a chance. He was very busy when I called and when he called back with my place in the cue, he left the number on my answering machine and hung up before I could get to the phone. Had I got to the phone before he hung up, I definitely would have asked. Last time I asked that question, he said it wasn't something he could see if I remember what he said correctly.

No, I didn't get a chance. He was very busy when I called and when he called back with my place in the cue, he left the number on my answering machine and hung up before I could get to the phone. Had I got to the phone before he hung up, I definitely would have asked. Last time I asked that question, he said it wasn't something he could see if I remember what he said correctly.

Appreciate it! Waiting sucks 😂

Please excuse this kind-of-newbie question: So on Dec 5th my bgc was submitted. I was told "you went in at 10,500" ( with my ccl). I have not called anyone to check my status. I figure it will happen when it happens. But after reading all these posts I'm thinking that 10,500 got tossed when they went to FIFO? And as far as how this works: I'm going to get an actual phone call? And then I go to the place I purchased and bada bing bada boom I get my gun? Thanks for helping this grandma understand👍🏼

Day
Day 45, 13,300, seems like a slow down again
Submitted on Nov 28th, it finally cleared this afternoon, so that is a 45 day delay atm.

By my maths when I went into the queue there were about 24,000 people in front of me so they are processing approximately 550 a day since the 28th. Not exactly inspiring stuff.

But I am happy that I finally have my holy grail rifle finally in my possession.

Day

Submitted on Nov 28th, it finally cleared this afternoon, so that is a 45 day delay atm.

By my maths when I went into the queue there were about 24,000 people in front of me so they are processing approximately 550 a day since the 28th. Not exactly inspiring stuff.

But I am happy that I finally have my holy grail rifle finally in my possession.

Hell yeah, congrats!

Hell yeah, congrats!
Thanks mate, here she is on the wife's yoga mat

20230112_170119.jpg

Ausrotor said:
But I am happy that I finally have my holy grail rifle finally in my possession
Just wondering where you purchased at Ausrotor?

Last Edited:
Day

I also submitted on11/28 but was placed at 7400, just got the call today and had to fill out a new 4473. So will end up being a minimum of 3 trips to the FFL before I have gun in hand since I did not get it released to me today.

Just wondering where you purchased at Ausrotor?
And if anyone else has experinced geting approved only to submit a new 4473 and go back in to a 3 - 5 day waiting period for a recheck at Sportsmans Warehouse. Thank you.
Just at a local small FFL as it was a Gunbroker purchase, they didn't want to do 3 day release which is fair enough

Entered the queue today at 12,991 out of 29,403.

I was also assigned an "autodelay" date of 3/13/23, two months away. Can anyone explain what this means? Apologies if it's already been discussed elsewhere.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top