JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Same here I had a bad experience with sportsman and would not even buy a stick of gum from them. But ended up going into tick lickers and will be a repeat customer, very nice and knowledgeable people and if they don't have what you are looking for they recommend sites where you can buy and they will do the transfer for a small fee.

Customer service has always been a big thing to me. Cabela's - Tigard never had enough people working the gun counter. Often had only one person working the long 80"+ scope counter. Can't tell you how many times I just walked out the door frustrated with the bad service. I get it that when they are busy that the lines will be long, but poor staffing drives me away.

To me its much like watching someone curse at someone and/or chase them away. I may not say anything but I just go away, and remember.. So an establishment loses not only the person who was cursed at but also other people who watch the incident and just walk away. There are other places to shop.

Curious what the overall queue looking like. Haven't purchased anything since mid-November and wondering what worst case scenario might be if I were to go buy something.

Customer service has always been a big thing to me. Cabela's - Tigard never had enough people working the gun counter. Often had only one person working the long 80"+ scope counter. Can't tell you how many times I just walked out the door frustrated with the bad service. I get it that when they are busy that the lines will be long, but poor staffing drives me away.

To me its much like watching someone curse at someone and/or chase them away. I may not say anything but I just go away, and remember.. So an establishment loses not only the person who was cursed at but also other people who watch the incident and just walk away. There are other places to shop.
Wifey likes their credit card. Pays all household bills for points. Then goes and buys something with points for one/both of us. ;)

Curious what the overall queue looking like. Haven't purchased anything since mid-November and wondering what worst case scenario might be if I were to go buy something.
Same as @raftman: I'm curious as to queue status since I also haven't purchased anything since mid-November. Anyone care to share an update?

Thx.

Roughly 30k when I was in a store yesterday, if I recall. And 3 people consecutively instant
Thanks @TTSX.

Other than having a CHL being a requirement for fast approval - I wish I knew how the system worked for "instant approval" since the BGC queue became so long since November. I just have never been able to figure that out.

FYI AG has petitioned OR supreme court to lift the injunction. If they are successful this could cause a relapse where OSP once again forgets about pending BGCs and instead focuses on the new permit system. It also could mean no firearms can be purchased without permits if Kate BRown appointed supreme court lifts the injunction.

Got the call yesterday that i cleared.

48 days from 11/30 - 1/17, entered non-CHL at 30,103.

Submitted for another purchase today while I was there and unfortunately placed into the queue at 27,xxx.

🤦🏻‍♂️

Got the call yesterday that i cleared.

48 days from 11/30 - 1/17, entered non-CHL at 30,103.
48 days? Cascade Farm & Outdoor here told me the system "times out" at 30-days. Is that not true???
Anyway, I'm ~22k out of 27k+ in the Que. Haven't moved in 2 weeks, after my 1st 30-days of waiting (barely budged in that que either). I'm about to cancel and get a refund.

48 days? Cascade Farm & Outdoor here told me the system "times out" at 30-days. Is that not true???
Anyway, I'm ~22k out of 27k+ in the Que. Haven't moved in 2 weeks, after my 1st 30-days of waiting (barely budged in that que either). I'm about to cancel and get a refund.

They just expire as far as the FBI NICS check is concerned after 30 days, but they don't leave the OSP FICS system as far as I know, so basically once OSP clears you beyond 30 days your FFL just has to call OSP or resubmit and get them to assign an updated number to your 4473.

Not an expert on this but as far as I know that's how it works.

Thoughts on the gun dealer in the Portland area with the best selection of shotguns (need to get a few, including at least 1 youth), and that is following the 3 day rule?
I would suggest checking with Northwest Armory in Tigard.
Haven't been in one for sometime, but they are traditionally one of the two highest inventory gun stores in the area.

Anybody else with multiple 4473's in the que getting batch approvals? I've heard this has happened recently, thanks.
It happened to me with 6 bg checks, I did at Tigard Pawn. I asked them last Saturday if they had seen any other batch approvals come through and they hadn't. They think it was a rookie that did them and it's not suppose to be done that way.

Form 4473 done December 5, 2022 with CHL
01/05/2023 7,167 in cue or 354/day
01/12/2023 4,916 in cue or 322/day
01/19/2023 2,857 in cue or 294/day

FFL says that they seem to be picking up the pace. My figures seem to show that they are slowing down.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top