JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I also went into the queue early on 11/28. I found out I was approved today.
I also found out I was approved on 01/13 with a start date of 11/28. In queue for 46 days, and the ffl quoted me another 7 days for the 2nd form 4473 submittal to be cleared. If you all hadn't posted your updates for 11/28, I wouldn't have went in to check mine. Hopefully this round goes quickly.

I also found out I was approved on 01/13 with a start date of 11/28. In queue for 46 days, and the ffl quoted me another 7 days for the 2nd form 4473 submittal to be cleared. If you all hadn't posted your updates for 11/28, I wouldn't have went in to check mine. Hopefully this round goes quickly.
Yes, I was quoted another 3 to 5 day wait.. It's mind-boggling when I've seen others go into their ffl and have the same 4473 resubmitted over the phone with recheck approval on the same day.. I am really curious what the difference is. Do these ffl's resubmit electronically back into a separate queue for the rechecks? I did call the ffl I used yesterday almost at the end of the second day after the recheck was submitted and they said "it should be another day or so" for my recheck to clear. And there is also an issue with not being notified by phone with the original approval before a recheck. This is all very troubling if you ask me.
Blessings!

Update:
11/27/22: 4473 submitted with a CHL @ 7:07pm (the very end of the ffl's business day.)
11/28/22: 4473 was entered into the queue when the doors opened. (@ approx 7800)
01/12/23: approved @ 10am and resubmited a new 4473 for recheck.
01/14/23: ffl 'called me' @ 11:00am with a second approval on the new 4473.
01/14/23: The gun I purchased on 11/27/22 is FINALLY home @ 1:30pm today. :s0115:

What used to only take about 10 minutes to complete, took 48 days. Crazy!

Entered the queue today at 12,991 out of 29,403.

I was also assigned an "autodelay" date of 3/13/23, two months away. Can anyone explain what this means? Apologies if it's already been discussed elsewhere.

my guess is that it is their estimate of how long it will take to get to yours. My question for you is how did you get a que number of 12,991 when the list is at 20,403?? The whole OSP system is an autodelay. Unless yours is a CHL?
It's totally confusing when the CHLs have a different numbering sequence than non CHLs.

my guess is that it is their estimate of how long it will take to get to yours. My question for you is how did you get a que number of 12,991 when the list is at 20,403?? The whole OSP system is an autodelay. Unless yours is a CHL?
It's totally confusing when the CHLs have a different numbering sequence than non CHLs.
No idea why I entered the queue at 12,991. I used my CHL for ID but my understanding is that CHL holders no longer get special treatment. Is that true? Do CHLs still have a different numbering sequence?

Last Edited:
No idea why I entered the queue at 12,991. I used my CHL for ID but my understanding is that CHL holders no longer get special treatment. Is that true? Do CHLs still have a different numbering sequence?
Approvals (save instants) are being done in date order. CHLs no longer get special treatment, but when a CHL enters the queue the CHL holder will still get a number at the end of the CHL queue (which is +/-40 of the total queue).

Approvals (save instants) are being done in date order. CHLs no longer get special treatment, but when a CHL enters the queue the CHL holder will still get a number at the end of the CHL queue (which is +/-40 of the total queue).
It appears to be totally random. I got put in the queue 2 weeks ago at 12,000 something. It was over 30k for sure. Luckily the gal at the counter was already on the phone with the queens rangers (OSP) and just ran mine before she got off the phone. Woohoo

It appears to be totally random. I got put in the queue 2 weeks ago at 12,000 something. It was over 30k for sure. Luckily the gal at the counter was already on the phone with the queens rangers (OSP) and just ran mine before she got off the phone. Woohoo
Queens PARK rangers.

Emphasize on Park as that is all they are really good for other than being thugs for their leftist goons.

Has anyone else gone in to your ffl and found out that you were approved but you didn't get notified? Asking for a friend🙄
Yes, I went in to check on mine after 2 days of reading on here that 11/28 were being approved. I couldn't get through over the phone so I went in. I had been cleared to resubmit a 4473 🙃

Still waiting here. Day 48 on an 11/30. At this point I'm hoping it's not cleared by the time my next purchase arrives tomorrow and both 4473's get lumped together.

Not holding my breath on that one though…

My friend bought a in-stock / on the showroom floor handgun on Nov. 9th.

He has a 100% clean record, and had been approved about 3 months earlier for a different single handgun purchase. ( so second purchase in his life )

I kept pestering him to go ask Cabelas about it, as the original time frame dwindled down closer to the original 114 dates.

Well he phoned today, and was told his background check had exceeded the 30 day limit. So he would have to resubmit the background check.

The person on the phone from the gun counter said come on in, and they would resubmit .. he should be approved in a few days.

He went in and was told by the gun counter Manager that all the firearms with mags bigger then 10rds, had been sent back to Corporate , and he was, in a few words "Poop" out of luck.

He asked why he wasn't informed about ANY of this and the Manager said "he had slipped through the cracks"

He asked when and how he was supposed to get his money back ?... Same answer, "He had slipped through the cracks"

Cabelas refunded him is purchase cost.

The friend never received ANY phone calls or e-mails about his purchase status or that Cabelas had decided to send his in stock purchase back to re-distribute to others buyers.

FWIW , my last handgun purchase took 5 weeks to be approved, and I picked it up. No 30 day nonsense.

The moral to this story... If you have a pending approval, you better check on it. DO NOT expect a call or e-mail !!

Places like Cabelas, may have allowed your background check to exceed the 30 day limit... and not bothered to tell you any thing about it, or bothered to phone you and tell you your waiting in Good Faith is pointless. Let alone bothered to try and refund your money.

God knows how many other places "might" be doing the same thing.

AGAIN, check on your purchase.

Sportsman's is dead these days, and likely all other gun stores. How is the Q Still such a high number?
Well at least it is dropping, remember just a short while ago the Q was rising. Sometime ago it looks like only around 100 a day was being processed, now it looks like somewhere around 300 a day (based on what others have posted), so they are perhaps gaining a bit on the backlog. The Q is at a high number cause there is such a backlog and they are processing not that many per day, plus you still are getting some additions to the Q each day....folks are avoiding those stores that don't do the 3-5 day turnaround and taking business to those few that honor the intent of the law (hence Sportsmans not being that busy) . I picked up a firearm today (3-5 day release) (Henry lever action) and asked the guy if the shop has had any pushback or "encouragement" from OSP to not release in 5 days....nope, also asked about if he was aware of any FFL's in "hot water" from turning guns over at the legal 3-5 day period...he just looked at me funny and said something about not believing all the crap you read on the internet...no OSP pressure, No hot water.

He has a 100% clean record, and had been approved about 3 months earlier for a different single handgun purchase. ( so second purchase in his life )

I kept pestering him to go ask Cabelas about it, as the original time frame dwindled down closer to the original 114 dates.

Well he phoned today, and was told his background check had exceeded the 30 day limit. So he would have to resubmit the background check.

The person on the phone from the gun counter said come on in, and they would resubmit .. he should be approved in a few days.

He went in and was told by the gun counter Manager that all the firearms with mags bigger then 10rds, had been sent back to Corporate , and he was, in a few words "Poop" out of luck.

He asked why he wasn't informed about ANY of this and the Manager said "he had slipped through the cracks"

He asked when and how he was supposed to get his money back ?... Same answer, "He had slipped through the cracks"

The friend never received ANY phone calls or e-mails about his purchase status or that Cabelas had decided to send his in stock purchase back to re-distribute to others buyers.

FWIW , my last handgun purchase took 5 weeks to be approved, and I picked it up. No 30 day nonsense.

The moral to this story... If you have a pending approval, you better check on it. DO NOT expect a call or e-mail !!

Places like Cabelas, may have allowed your background check to exceed the 30 day limit... and not bothered to tell you any thing about it, or bothered to phone you and tell you your waiting in Good Faith is pointless. Let alone bothered to try and refund your money.

Yep, lots of issues with the big box stores. My cabelas story is that they never did call me to tell me that I was approved. Then when I went in, they "couldn't find" my original background check that they needed. Said they needed to do some more digging. And then also wouldn't call in my re-submission until 3 days later. Picking up my purchases tomorrow finally. After I get my second set of purchases from Cabelas, I have no intent on going back to that store.

I stopped purchasing any guns (that i could buy from many other vendors) from Cabela's anymore. Service was so slow that the OSP could give them lessons in how to speed up.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top