JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Until the $ transfer is completed, and the gov approves the transfer, there is no transfer, including to the FFL, so I would expect the gun to stay with the seller.

Now I am thinking of FTF sales here, which is 99% of the transfers I have done - not a transfer where the gun is shipped to the FFL, of which I have only done one (except for buying a gun from the FFL themselves).
I suspect you're right, which explains why the only FFL I know who does the lock thing also has a firearm stay with the seller. Very by the book shop.

Just afternoon the count is up to 8009
Chl holders are waiting longer. They get bumped up to the front of the line. But that's at 874
Hey Tim. Did you know your street sign is gone? :D Jane wanted to see the snow a couple days ago. No snow in Estacada, but some on the ground up the hill. She was happy. Good to see you posting.

That pesky wind stole the street sign!

current count is up to 8160
I don't think I have ever seen it climb so fast.

Hey Tim. Did you know your street sign is gone? :D Jane wanted to see the snow a couple days ago. No snow in Estacada, but some on the ground up the hill. She was happy. Good to see you posting.

Sure glad there's nothing modern on my list. At least I can't think of anything. I got hand gun, long gun. I got semi-auto, revolver. Plastic and all steel. Short barrels/long barrels. Nine different calibers. As long as powders, primers and projectiles don't go away. Flock 'EM! That goes for all the gun stores too that sit on their turd-cutters while we have our rights taken away!

I don't think that is correct.

I believe it is 30 days.

The initiative has a clause that you have 120 days to transfer/etc. mags if you wish to dispose of them, but initiatives go into effect in 30 days after being "passed". The question is, when is a measure passed? The day of the election or the day the the vote is certified? My understanding is that the vote will be certified November 30th?
Well, looks like we got bad information. Bossman is an FFL, that's the information he got, but I just got another email saying December 8th. Magazine ownership is grandfathered, so you do not need to dispose of your possessions

The way I'm reading it is if I give a pistol to my wife, we now have to do a transfer which we haven't had to in the past. Is this correct?

Last Edited:
The way I'm reading it is if I give a pistol to my wife, we know have to do a transfer which we haven't had to in the past. Is this correct?
Incorrect:

(4) The requirements of subsections (2) and (3) of this section do not apply to:
(a) The transfer of a firearm by or to a law enforcement agency, or by or to a law enforcement officer, private security professional or member of the Armed Forces of the United States, while that person is acting within the scope of official duties.
(b) The transfer of a firearm as part of a firearm turn-in or buyback event, in which a law enforcement agency receives or purchases firearms from members of the public.
(c) The transfer of a firearm to:
(A) A transferor's spouse or domestic partner;
(B) A transferor's parent or stepparent;
(C) A transferor's child or stepchild;
(D) A transferor's sibling;
(E) A transferor's grandparent;
(F) A transferor's grandchild;
(G) A transferor's aunt or uncle;
(H) A transferor's first cousin;
(I) A transferor's niece or nephew; or
(J) The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I) of this paragraph.
(d) The transfer of a firearm that occurs because of the death of the firearm owner, provided that:
(A) The transfer is conducted or facilitated by a personal representative, as defined in ORS 111.005, or a trustee of a trust created in a will;

Page 8

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads