JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's my guess as well.

When a person or group of people do something we don't like or don't fully understand, as humans we often have a tendency to automatically assume that the worst possible motivations must be driving their actions.

Sometimes we're right. Oftentimes we aren't. Oftentimes the real problem is that we're acting in an information vacuum, and since nature abhors a vacuum we'll create that information in our own heads to fill the void. This is often how bad information gets started and then spread.

I see this phenomenon on the Nextdoor social media platform all the time. Someone will claim "There's a strange person walking around the neighborhood", and before you know it this strange person is definitely casing houses or otherwise up to no good. Nobody actually knows that of course, but it becomes "fact" soon enough.

I would imagine OSP is currently working with an impossible situation: processing tens of thousands of BCG's while the legal environment is changing literally on an almost daily basis. I'd further imagine that at some point we'll get the full story re: what's been going on. Until then - or until I get verifiable info to the contrary - I'm not going to automatically assume that OSP is trying to screw anyone over.
they went from doing 700-1000 a day to doing 0 a day. something is up on their side that they aren't explaining. if its staffing issue they could just came out and said it and put to bed al these concerns. that they haven't leads me and others to think its purposeful thing. the lack of transparency at osp is horrible. they should be releasing daily completed bgc numbers. or least weekly. we won't have any idea what's happening until year or more from now when they post their yearly review for 2022

sounds like I might as well cancel my order. I really didn't want to get the permit but I already but bunch of shotgun ammo for a shotgun I won't have. ive only got 8 days left to clear before cabalas cancels my order if they dont do so now. they were canceling anyones orders who got put in que to point they wouldn't clear in time which I guess will now be everyone
Probably shouldn't have waited for 114 to get thrown on the ballot to prioritize buying. We all saw this coming.

they went from doing 700-1000 a day to doing 0 a day. something is up on their side that they aren't explaining. if its staffing issue they could just came out and said it and put to bed al these concerns. that they haven't leads me and others to think its purposeful thing. the lack of transparency at osp is horrible. they should be releasing daily completed bgc numbers. or least weekly. we won't have any idea what's happening until year or more from now when they post their yearly review for 2022

Your crisis is not their crisis. Besides you can get a 100% refund form your big box store. I got a $3K gun with a 20% restocking fee stuck at an FFL. Gotta take a risk to get a reward!
Everybody is bubblegummed here. You, me, OSP. take a break, go outside, buy a 3D printer.

The queue seems very odd to me. I entered at approx 12,400 on Thursday with a chl and on Saturday was told I was at 11,915 - so down approx 500 in two days. How does someone with a low number only move 50??

Got a feeling tomorrow the 13th the injunction will continue (because the state has to prove their case and they can't do that with this judge imo). Then AG will appeal and that process will take time. Should buy another month minimum I think but just a guess on time frame. Can't imagine OSP keeping thumbs inserted in their behinds for that long. But who knows, if they totally switch over to their new system they may not want to bother with the old system and may do nothing for the next month.

The queue seems very odd to me. I entered at approx 12,400 on Thursday with a chl and on Saturday was told I was at 11,915 - so down approx 500 in two days. How does someone with a low number only move 50??
I have an FFL. I have to background myself because I'm set up as an LLC so in the ATF's eyes I am an employee of my FFL. I purchased a gun for myself and got into the CHL queue. I entered myself on Saturday at a little after 10am. I was at 12592. I am now at 12522. Only 70 in more than 48 hours. I'm not sure if they could go any slower.

Even the phone lines are about down, before they auto dropped the calls at 3.5hrs, now it auto drops at 3hr 23minutes.

At the busy time of day, about 100 call ins. About 50% right now of those calls time out and calls drop, so at best, I'd guess they are doing maybe 50 background checks via phone every 3hrs or so given how many reruns they are doing...

What reshuffling?

Yes I'm an ffl holder. One customer in particular I'm watching. Hasn't moved all day today. He's number 358
They putting chl people back where they would have been if not put in front going by date submitted according to other ffl s and osp post

What date did he order?. They doing people at 31 days currently it seems. So we can look forward to them getting to us after our form has expired and is no good for most. I was 534

Got a feeling tomorrow the 13th the injunction will continue (because the state has to prove their case and they can't do that with this judge imo). Then AG will appeal and that process will take time. Should buy another month minimum I think but just a guess on time frame. Can't imagine OSP keeping thumbs inserted in their behinds for that long. But who knows, if they totally switch over to their new system they may not want to bother with the old system and may do nothing for the next month.
In 8 days or won't matter for me and since I'll be put in back of Que over 40k my gun will be canceled and shipped out of state :(

I have an FFL. I have to background myself because I'm set up as an LLC so in the ATF's eyes I am an employee of my FFL. I purchased a gun for myself and got into the CHL queue. I entered myself on Saturday at a little after 10am. I was at 12592. I am now at 12522. Only 70 in more than 48 hours. I'm not sure if they could go any slower.
Least they did some today past few days I hadn't moved at all. Course now they won't get to you until 30-31 days from when you submitted. They got to approve all the expired and canceled guns first

In 8 days or won't matter for me and since I'll be put in back of Que over 40k my gun will be canceled and shipped out of state :(
Who knows what might come from the TRO/case in the state courts???
Keep your hopes up...at least until after the hearing tomorrow.
Hopefully we get more good news through these proceedings.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top