JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tough penguin.jpg
Sometimes, I realize I should just STFU and mind my own bid'ness, instead of...
Ill-timed humor.jpg

Last Edited:
I was pretty happy when Winco opened in town. Especially as prices on everything started going way up.
Winco's my jam!! Open 24hrs to fill your munchy requirements! They've been filling my dietary needs since they were a lowly Waremart. Congrats! :s0094:

This time when I hit process I get the same error message only it is never followed up with the email/text verification - only the denial to not honor the card.
One of my bank cards has a noticeably stricter fraud flagging algorithm and it's alert message system can be unreliable. Sometimes I will receive no text alert and the alert email might not show up until the following day.

It may just be a bank issue more than the merchant code system causing the denial.... would be my guess. I would imagine it's going to take more than a week for the CC issuers, banks and processing services to fully update their systems before the new code is actually active. It takes more than a minute to update every device within the network.

Maybe it is, but still sounds more like an issuer problem.

Last Edited:
One of my bank cards has a noticeably stricter fraud flagging algorithm and it's alert message system can be unreliable. Sometimes I will receive no text alert and the alert email might not show up until the following day.

It may just be a bank issue more than the merchant code system causing the denial.... would be my guess. I would imagine it's going to take more than a week for the CC issuers, banks and processing services to fully update their systems before the new code is actually active. It usually takes more than a minute up update every device within the network.

Maybe it is, but still sounds more like an issuer problem.
Normally I would agree but this card has NEVER been flagged for anything fraud and it has seen many firearm and other related purchases. It wasn't a big deal I just found it interesting and somewhat alarming...and it tied to this thread in a way. The solution was simple, kill that card, sever ties, and use a different one.

The fact the previous order to the same vendor was flagged and their verification process kicked in yet the following order did not, and still hasn't, raised a red flag.

Maybe it was an anomaly, maybe not, either way it was odd it happened when it did considering the current chatter related to VISA/MC/AMEX position to all things firearms and ancillary related.

Normally I would agree but this card has NEVER been flagged for anything fraud and it has seen many firearm and other related purchases. It wasn't a big deal I just found it interesting and somewhat alarming...and it tied to this thread in a way. The solution was simple, kill that card, sever ties, and use a different one.

The fact the previous order to the same vendor was flagged and their verification process kicked in yet the following order did not, and still hasn't, raised a red flag.

Maybe it was an anomaly, maybe not, either way it was odd it happened when it did considering the current chatter related to VISA/MC/AMEX position to all things firearms and ancillary related.
Same thing happened to me with my Visa at Opticsplanet. Not that big of a deal. Used a different card after talking with the bank. It took like 5min out of my day. Much bigger things in my life to worry about.

Same thing happened to me with my Visa at Opticsplanet. Not that big of a deal. Used a different card after talking with the bank. It took like 5min out of my day. Much bigger things in my life to worry about.
Agreed. It is amazing how creating awareness or citing an example can turn into the re-storming of Normandy.

Imagine if Blacks had only been so gracious as that. "Meh... it only takes 10 more seconds to walk to the back of the bus. No big deal and much bigger things in my life to worry about."

:s0140:

Imagine if Blacks had only been so gracious as that. "Meh... it only takes 10 more seconds to walk to the back of the bus. No big deal and much bigger things in my life to worry about."

:s0140:
Luckily we have the FREEDOM to choose what "bus" we ride on and what that "bus" allows or doesn't allow. Don't like the "bus" pick a different one and take your money with you. Pretty simple.

Although blatant racism and plastic cards are a spot on comparison….

Your thinking is just as radical as the lefts. Just on a separate topic that you can validate in your mind.

Last Edited:
Luckily we have the FREEDOM to choose what "bus" we ride on and what that "bus" allows or doesn't allow. Don't like the "bus" pick a different one and take your money with you. Pretty simple.

Although blatant racism and plastic cards are a spot on comparison….
It's called discrimination, however it's applied. (racism, sexual preference, gun owner CC's, etc.) When discrimination is allowed, all the buses have the same rules.

"Some discrimination is more equal than others" doesn't wash with me. To each their own.

It's called discrimination, however it's applied. (racism, sexual preference, gun owner CC's, etc.) When discrimination is allowed, all the buses have the same rules.

"Some discrimination is more equal than others" doesn't wash with me. To each their own.
I think businesses should be able to serve who they want. But that's just me. If it shoots them in the foot that's on me. Discrimination on the basis of a political belief vs on the color of your skin are on two separate playing fields in my opinion.

Can you buy a gun?
Can you carry a gun?
Are there multiple avenues you can take to practice and exercise your right?

I would say I am a free man.

It's the lefts plan. Death by a thousand cuts. They do it a little at a time to just be annoying so some will ignore it till the right is gone. So I am at the point that for me there is zero tolerance now while we still have our 2nd amendment. Zero tolerance.

I think businesses should be able to serve who they want. But that's just me.
They used to have that too...
1663181859825.png

But more seriously, I agree that businesses have the right to refuse service to a person. However, when it is a class of people, be it either religious belief, color, ethnicity, political affiliation or.... gun owners...., then it's discrimination and I have a problem with that. Not even considering the constitutionally protected aspect.

Among groups or people that have experienced discrimination, I'm quite sure there were/are those that felt/feel its better to go along to get along, but make no mistake... our rights are under attack and it won't stop with simple CC purchase tracking. The opposition has already made it clear that, "this is a great first step. We now need to take it further".

Last Edited:
They used to have that too...
View attachment 1276328

But more seriously, I agree that businesses have the right to refuse service to a person. However, when it is a class of people, be it either religious belief, color, ethnicity, political offiliation or.... gun owners...., then it's discrimination and I have a problem with that. Not even considering the constitutionally protected aspect.

Among groups or people that have experienced discrimination, I'm quite sure there were/are those that felt/feel its better to go along to get along, but make no mistake... our rights are under attack and it won't stop with simple CC purchase tracking. The opposition has already made it clear that, "this is a great first step. We now need to take it further".
2A rights have been under attack long before I was born. And they will be under attack long after I take a dirt nap.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top