JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Citi flagged a purchase last night for a couple AR barrels and some ammo from PSA. Called it fraud. Did not give me the option to say it was me and not fraud.

It has begun.

SO you think you are free...
So no one but Citi will give you a card? You have a contract with Citi that does not allow you to leave them? Why are you staying with them? What needs to "begin" is people dropping the card if they really do this. If enough people do the banks who believe it or not, love to make money, will behave. An amazing number of people seem to think banks do not want to make money.

I hear Discover Card is the only one not doing this right now, Amex & Mastercard are already in with Visa
That IS what I am reading too.

I may not be too up to date but VISA, MC and AMERICAN EXPRESS are ALL FOR THIS salami.

I bet others are on the list or will be SOON.

I don't use any of them, NO card with ANY NAME, and my husband does not either.

We do use a COSTCO cash/gift card to buy fuel at a COSTCO gas station. It says COSTCO on it.

He pays cash when he buys the Costco cash/gift card and you can use it for fuel or goods in the store.

We only use it for fuel.

Many people refuse to shop at Costco but we have not given up Costco yet. We do shop at WINCO more for groceries once they opened up one here. Our LOCALLY OWNED meat store closed up during the FLU crapola closures as did MANY other LOCALLY OWNED SMALL BUSINESSES.

Cate

Last Edited:
Maybe we could MERGE all of these threads together when it comes to this subject matter?

Cate

So no one but Citi will give you a card? You have a contract with Citi that does not allow you to leave them? Why are you staying with them? What needs to "begin" is people dropping the card if they really do this. If enough people do the banks who believe it or not, love to make money, will behave. An amazing number of people seem to think banks do not want to make money.
So no one but Citi will give you a card? Not true, I have many cards. You have a contract with Citi that does not allow you to leave them? Nope, I can come and go as I please. Why are you staying with them? I'm not, I cut up the card last night. What needs to "begin" is people dropping the card if they really do this. Exactly what I did. If enough people do the banks who believe it or not, love to make money, will behave. An amazing number of people seem to think banks do not want to make money.
My responses in red.

I was simply responding to your comment about buying ammo and I let you know that they did, in fact, attempt to block an ammo purchase. There are many options but the fact it has started and will gain more traction is alarming.

Merged.

It is helpful & greatly appreciated if members spot threads which are duplicates of subjects, to simply report the thread with a link to the original…
Thanks.

There are so many of them in different sections of this ENTIRE forum - website, I would be hunting all over for the original thread.

Thanks again!

Cate

THIS thread appears to be the primary on the subject.

Regardless, honestly makes no never mind which one is. As we NORMALLY merge by date & time.

Newer merged into oldest…

Also & as an aside, if folks DO report for a requested merge.

Please post such up in the thread body.

"Merge requested", or some such.

So we DON'T get 500 requests on the same thing.

There are only a few of us, and we don't get paid much…;) (hint, we volunteer.)

Nice way of blaming the victim

If only that pretty girl hadn't been wearing a bikini, she wouldn't have been raped...

That is exactly how I took it. No wonder we are losing this battle...so much infighting.
Know what will make us lose? People making up stuff to sound cool. PSA seems to be under the impression they take all the major plastic. So the people in charge just did not bother to tell them they will no longer want their money? Or someone is telling all something to sound cool? My bet is PSA is still taking plastic. Someone said YouTube is no longer allowing Full Auto and others promptly showed they still do. When people make stuff up to sound cool, those who are "on the fence" think we are all kooks yelling the sky is falling.
If and that is a BIG IF, one bank is really no longer going to allow people to buy from PSA then DROP THE BANK! Plastic is not like you local bank. Anyone, assuming they have credit, can get cards from the bank they CHOOSE. If one really is going to be "woke" drop them in favor of one who wants your money. Pretending the sky is falling to sound cool only makes us all look bad. Banks are there to make money. If some want to go woke and a LARGE part of the gun community just goes to others? Someone will want our money. Someone will want PSA's money too. If someone is carrying a large balance on plastic from some bank like Citi even they can tell Citi to pound sand. Get another banks card and move the balance to them. Tell Citi why you did. This is all assuming Citi really is no longer going to want PSA business. Anything is possible but call me skeptical of ONE post on the net claiming that Citi is no longer going to allow it's card at PSA.

My responses in red.

I was simply responding to your comment about buying ammo and I let you know that they did, in fact, attempt to block an ammo purchase. There are many options but the fact it has started and will gain more traction is alarming.
IF, and that is a big IF, Citi has really decided they want to go woke, vote with your dollars. How many banks offer cards? I lost track of the stupid offers I get trying to wooo me to some other bank. They make MONEY off these and they want to make money. I shop on line almost daily. Now and then a charge is "flagged" and I get a text asking me to confirm. Never noticed it being "gun stuff", and never a problem when I said "no that's me". There is a TON of fraud in on line shopping. The great part of plastic is the user is protected so well. Down side to that is when the bank does let fraud happen they have to eat the cost which comes out of their bottom line. So they are always playing a cat and mouse, whack a mole game with the crooks. PSA shows they take plastic proudly. Has PSA told you sorry we can't take Citi any more? Did Citi say we no longer want you to use PSA? If not it "sounds" like a charge was flagged as possible problem so they blocked it. If they will not do "better" next time DROP them. Assuming you have credit? A LOT of banks will be glad to have you. Are you carrying a balance with Citi? If you another bank will even take that and be glad to have your money. Then tell Citi why you left. If every gun owner who has a Citi card finds out they can't use it to buy "gun stuff" and leaves for another bank? Want to bet Citi will fire someone who made this poor choice? I would bet they would. Banks want your money more than they want to be woke. We have a LOT to worry about with this current admin that a LOT of gun owners voted for. Focus on what is done this November if you want this to slow down and maybe even start to go the other way. Gun owners spend a LOT of damn money. On some stuff we are pretty much "stuck". Internet is one. Most have one choice. Banking? We still have a LOT of choice. Use that power to show any who want to go woke that they will not get your money and watch how fast they change their dance.

Know what will make us lose? People making up stuff to sound cool. PSA seems to be under the impression they take all the major plastic. So the people in charge just did not bother to tell them they will no longer want their money? Or someone is telling all something to sound cool? My bet is PSA is still taking plastic. Someone said YouTube is no longer allowing Full Auto and others promptly showed they still do. When people make stuff up to sound cool, those who are "on the fence" think we are all kooks yelling the sky is falling.
If and that is a BIG IF, one bank is really no longer going to allow people to buy from PSA then DROP THE BANK! Plastic is not like you local bank. Anyone, assuming they have credit, can get cards from the bank they CHOOSE. If one really is going to be "woke" drop them in favor of one who wants your money. Pretending the sky is falling to sound cool only makes us all look bad. Banks are there to make money. If some want to go woke and a LARGE part of the gun community just goes to others? Someone will want our money. Someone will want PSA's money too. If someone is carrying a large balance on plastic from some bank like Citi even they can tell Citi to pound sand. Get another banks card and move the balance to them. Tell Citi why you did. This is all assuming Citi really is no longer going to want PSA business. Anything is possible but call me skeptical of ONE post on the net claiming that Citi is no longer going to allow it's card at PSA.
Here is exactly what happened. I can't believe I have to even do this as all I was doing was stating that yes, they are already trying to deny firearm related sales. Its all over the internet but here goes.

I was at work and I ordered the following.

ITEMS ORDERED
Items Ordered
ProductPriceQtySubtotal
1201.jpg
PSA AR15 Gas Tube Roll Pin
$0.9910$9.90
7791527.jpg
PSA AR-15 Barrel .223 Wylde 18" Rifle-Length Stainless Steel - 7791527
$89.992$179.98
5165449542.jpg
PSA MOE Lower Build Kit, Gray - 5165449542
$89.992$179.98

The sale was denied due to fraud alert (first time ever using the Citi card (edit: the fraud alert that is)) quickly followed by a text and email asking for verification. I said it was me, no fraud and then clicked to reprocess the order and it went though.

Fast forward a few hours and I finally see some Chip McCormick 1911mags in stock and decide to order. While on the site I see some Tula 5.45x39 on sale (with free shipping if I recall) so I add 30 boxes to a new order...

This time when I hit process I get the same error message only it is never followed up with the email/text verification - only the denial to not honor the card.

Same card, same vendor.

I will say it again...you said, let me know when they deny ammo sales.

I did that.

Not sure what's up your keister but those are the facts.

Not once did I state I could only get one card and not once did I claim anything you responded with. Again, not sure what your issue is but I was simply letting you know, per your ask mind you, to let you know when they deny ammo sales.

This was an example of that. Nothing more. You act as if I have offended you in some way, shape or form then without directly stating it calling me a liar.

If you don't want to hear something don't ask. I apologize for whatever I did to offend you but this is ridiculous as all I was doing is giving you an example of what you asked and, additionally, in no way am I trying to sound cool. How does offering an example of the left squeezing us a little more make me sound cool?

On a side note, I do not believe this is a PSA issue and I never said that Citi doesn't want PSA's business. I was simple offering my experience based on one event then responded to your ask. I do not dictate the internet. Also, where are you getting all this crap?

I could care less.

I hope you have a better day and lose that edge as we all are family (even though I am a new member) here....or at least try to be.

Here is exactly what happened. I can't believe I have to even do this as all I was doing was stating that yes, they are already trying to deny firearm related sales. Its all over the internet but here goes.

I was at work and I ordered the following.

ITEMS ORDERED
Items Ordered

The sale was denied due to fraud alert (first time ever using the Citi card (edit: the fraud alert that is)) quickly followed by a text and email asking for verification. I said it was me, no fraud and then clicked to reprocess the order and it went though.

Fast forward a few hours and I finally see some Chip McCormick 1911mags in stock and decide to order. While on the site I see some Tula 5.45x39 on sale (with free shipping if I recall) so I add 30 boxes to a new order...

This time when I hit process I get the same error message only it is never followed up with the email/text verification - only the denial to not honor the card.

Same card, same vendor.

I will say it again...you said, let me know when they deny ammo sales.

I did that.

Not sure what's up your keister but those are the facts.

Not once did I state I could only get one card and not once did I claim anything you responded with. Again, not sure what your issue is but I was simply letting you know, per your ask mind you, to let you know when they deny ammo sales.

This was an example of that. Nothing more. You act as if I have offended you in some way, shape or form then without directly stating it calling me a liar.

If you don't want to hear something don't ask. I apologize for whatever I did to offend you but this is ridiculous as all I was doing is giving you an example of what you asked and, additionally, in no way am I trying to sound cool. How does offering an example of the left squeezing us a little more make me sound cool?

On a side note, I do not believe this is a PSA issue and I never said that Citi doesn't want PSA's business. I was simple offering my experience based on one event then responded to your ask. I do not dictate the internet. Also, where are you getting all this crap?

I could care less.

I hope you have a better day and lose that edge as we all are family (even though I am a new member) here....or at least try to be.
OK so again, why is this hard? If Citi is telling PSA to pound sand, why is it you can't tell Citi to pound sand? I have no piece of Citi as far as I know. I have no account there and no card from them. If Citi really does not want gun owners to use them why is it so hard? Some things we have little or no choice in. Concast is one. They get almost a couple hundred from me every month because there is no choice here. Credit Cards? We all have a plethora of choices. So again why is it hard to kick Citi to the curb? Better yet if, and that's a big IF, Citi really is deciding they no longer want gun owners money that does not mean the rest of the banks are going to follow. I can see this got you all butt hurt but I am NOT saying you are lying. I am saying I STRONGLY suspect there is something else going on here making them block that transaction. I VERY strongly doubt Citi has told PSA and anyone else selling that kind of product they no longer want them. Do you have any idea how many banks offer cards? This is not like Broadband where many of us have one choice and its take it or leave it. If you just can not see parting ways with Citi for some reason try calling them and asking them. Why are you blocking this sale I am trying to make? See what some human has to say. I VERY much doubt they are going to tell you "we don't want you buying stuff from PSA with our card. If they really do? Tell them you will take your money elsewhere. Why is this so hard? :confused:

OK so again, why is this hard? If Citi is telling PSA to pound sand, why is it you can't tell Citi to pound sand? I have no piece of Citi as far as I know. I have no account there and no card from them. If Citi really does not want gun owners to use them why is it so hard? Some things we have little or no choice in. Concast is one. They get almost a couple hundred from me every month because there is no choice here. Credit Cards? We all have a plethora of choices. So again why is it hard to kick Citi to the curb? Better yet if, and that's a big IF, Citi really is deciding they no longer want gun owners money that does not mean the rest of the banks are going to follow. I can see this got you all butt hurt but I am NOT saying you are lying. I am saying I STRONGLY suspect there is something else going on here making them block that transaction. I VERY strongly doubt Citi has told PSA and anyone else selling that kind of product they no longer want them. Do you have any idea how many banks offer cards? This is not like Broadband where many of us have one choice and its take it or leave it. If you just can not see parting ways with Citi for some reason try calling them and asking them. Why are you blocking this sale I am trying to make? See what some human has to say. I VERY much doubt they are going to tell you "we don't want you buying stuff from PSA with our card. If they really do? Tell them you will take your money elsewhere. Why is this so hard? :confused:
Try reading. I did tell Citi to pound sand and I placed the order using a different card. See responses in red below from my previous response.

So no one but Citi will give you a card? Not true, I have many cards. You have a contract with Citi that does not allow you to leave them? Nope, I can come and go as I please. Why are you staying with them? I'm not, I cut up the card last night. What needs to "begin" is people dropping the card if they really do this. Exactly what I did. If enough people do the banks who believe it or not, love to make money, will behave. An amazing number of people seem to think banks do not want to make money.
I agree, why is this so hard?

Rocks and glass houses my friend.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class