JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody catching? I went out on a charter a few weeks ago out of Winchester Bay and got three keepers between my son and I.

1000013737.jpg

I went out twice on the Coos Bay by Charleston and struck out. I had a few bites and one hookup trolling from the kayak.

For those in the know, would going out Sunset Bay and fishing in the ocean be worth the trip in the kayak? Do the Cohos run close in to shore? I've got a fish finder, so I could find them if they're around.

1000013795.jpg

It's all good, just a few unexpected things going on this year. I'm chomping at the bit to partake in the fall coho season on the Chehalis river.

Was there a sockeye season at a baker this year?
I wanna hear a story man! I haven't even run the boat since last Oct, 3rd I think? The people that own our yearly September vacation spot gave us the cold shoulder last year as an indication they don't want us there anymore. I guess? Not going to afford the near $100.00 for the two of us to fish a couple times up around here. Certainly we won't pay them $100.00 for salmon tags for fish and seasons that aren't there. Probably sell the boat next year. IF, I can get anything out of it.

I wanna hear a story man! I haven't even run the boat since last Oct, 3rd I think? The people that own our yearly September vacation spot gave us the cold shoulder last year as an indication they don't want us there anymore. I guess? Not going to afford the near $100.00 for the two of us to fish a couple times up around here. Certainly we won't pay them $100.00 for salmon tags for fish and seasons that aren't there. Probably sell the boat next year. IF, I can get anything out of it.
What kind of a boat?

What kind of a boat?
2001 Smoker Craft 172 Stealth. Windshield boat. 75hp Merc 2-stroke and Minn Kota 55lb thrust with peddle. Gosh it's been a fun time with it.
1692305984134.jpeg

I also have a same year 10 hp Merc 4-stroke kiker motor with low hours, compared to it's age. Been kept in garage a lot of that.

It's a shame that the Fishing numbers have been squandered and miss managed by elected officials minions.
It don't matter if they are an R or D area (look at Alaska), they both don't know how to manage resources worth a damn because it's all about the money (commercial fishing pays good).

And if you do by chance sell your boat you can just save that money from the upkeep and come get on my boat where you know we gonna have a good time whether we catch fish or not!

Edited for grammar

Last Edited:
2001 Smoker Craft 172 Stealth. Windshield boat. 75hp Merc 2-stroke and Minn Kota 55lb thrust with peddle. Gosh it's been a fun time with it.
View attachment 1471763

I also have a same year 10 hp Merc 4-stroke kiker motor with low hours, compared to it's age. Been kept in garage a lot of that.
Whatcha want for the Merc 10-hp 4-stroke kicker motor? I have an old 12' "Trailerboat" aluminum jobbie that I've been restoring……

View attachment 1471763

Nice boat! What are you thinking pricewise *if* you decide to sell?

I'm just down the road from you, I'll let you have visitation rights. :s0033:

B
It's all good, just a few unexpected things going on this year. I'm chomping at the bit to partake in the fall coho season on the Chehalis river.

Was there a sockeye season at a baker this year?
Baker had a bonus run but the knuckleheads at the wdfw opened it for 5 fish and caused everyone and their dog with something that floated to descend upon the lake. Couple this with the very clear water this year and the fish were deep and spooky. I went up exactly 1 time and by the time I figured out they wanted it deep and ultra slow the sun was pretty high and the bite was off. I did hook a couple and landed one. I got the hell out of there to try and miss the mayhem at the ramp and haven't been back.

And if you do by chance sell your boat you can just save that money from the upkeep and come get on my boat where you know we gonna have a good time whether we catch fish or not!

Edited for grammar
Man, I wish we lived closer! Those days of us. And I mean Wifey and myself! (Damn that gal has been a trooper as far as support when we went fishing!*) Getting up fugly early and driving to Tillamook to fish the Oysterhouse and then drive home that day. With fish to process! Are gone. Even getting up to be on the Columbia before legal fishing isn't going to happen any more. They priced me out of their license too. I can afford it, I won't pay for it any more though. Getting in and out of this city, with a truck, and a boat in tow, scares the crap out of me anymore. Maybe if I got out of this hell-hole, I'd consider getting a license again.
* She hooked and landed a 43# fall Chinook out on The Columbia near the mouth of The Sandy. All I had to do was get it in the net.
Whatcha want for the Merc 10-hp 4-stroke kicker motor? I have an old 12' "Trailerboat" aluminum jobbie that I've been restoring……
Stomper, I'm not selling anything just now. If/when I decide to i'd need to get it out and run it for awhile to make sure it's good to go. That motor started every time, real easy after sitting in the garage over winter. The trick with those Merc 9.9s was accessing the low speed idle adjustment by drilling out a brass plug Merc put over that screw to bend over for CARB. I'm thinking when the time comes, and it tests out good, somewhere around $900.00.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top