JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wifey and I went out on Flathead Lake this AM and pretty much got blown off. Tried jiggin' for lakers but we were in 2-3' swells and a pretty stiff breeze. Might give it another shot in the AM.
Used to love me some salmon fishin' when I was still in Oregone.

Wifey and I went out on Flathead Lake this AM and pretty much got blown off. Tried jiggin' for lakers but we were in 2-3' swells and a pretty stiff breeze. Might give it another shot in the AM.
Used to love me some salmon fishin' when I was still in Oregone.
Me too, and I AM in Oregon!

I was invited to head out on my friends new (to him) 33' Striper tomorrow. I'm taking my son with us, the one who still hasn't caught a fish and he turns 14 next week. God, I hope this is the day. I've spent thousands in gas, food, gear, lodging, time off, and much more trying to get him a single frigging fish. Funny thing is, we don't eat fist, but still get to pay all the bs licenses just to try to site mouth one. Tomorrow is a different story though, dropping crab pots on our way out, troll for salmon near Newport, and if that is slow or we limit out, move on to some rock fishing. The water is supposed to be pretty flat tomorrow. Wish us luck! If I don't post any pics, we either got skunked or sank :)

I was invited to head out on my friends new (to him) 33' Striper tomorrow. I'm taking my son with us, the one who still hasn't caught a fish and he turns 14 next week. God, I hope this is the day. I've spent thousands in gas, food, gear, lodging, time off, and much more trying to get him a single frigging fish. Funny thing is, we don't eat fist, but still get to pay all the bs licenses just to try to site mouth one. Tomorrow is a different story though, dropping crab pots on our way out, troll for salmon near Newport, and if that is slow or we limit out, move on to some rock fishing. The water is supposed to be pretty flat tomorrow. Wish us luck! If I don't post any pics, we either got skunked or sank :)
Well I did offer you a iron clad Guarantee that anyone you brought onto my boat would "CATCH FISH." ;)

Well I did offer you a iron clad Guarantee that anyone you brought onto my boat would "CATCH FISH." ;)
I may still need to take you up on that, I really, really wanted to accomplish it on my own but I failed. You are a stand up person and even if we get into the fish tomorrow would still like to come and meet a great member from here.

Break a leg!!! (Good luck) :)
A30CFD74-9C30-4009-AAA8-AEE39412C1CC.jpeg
Little one but it counts! Put 7 on the boat plus a bunch of crab, great day on the water.

It's a shame that the Fishing numbers have been squandered and miss managed by elected officials minions.
It don't matter if they are an R or D area (look at Alaska), they both don't know how to manage resources worth a damn because it's all about the money (commercial fishing pays good).
True and now all of the sudden they are going to save all of us !!!!

I have a neighbor down a few blocks with a nice welded aluminum boat, 18' maybe? He stopped by here while I was out washing the car. He said the Columbia's been fishing real good. Fish tally at Gleason, I figure, being as he's fishing Davis bar area, was 33 for 40 boats a couple days ago. Water was running 68 degrees.

Yesterday on the Columbia amongst the other 100 boats. There were many fish caught.
Off the river by 900am.
However I've been out 14 times this year including Springers on the Willy. This was my first of the year.
My Buddy was more fortunate on the Willy.

1000001403.jpg 1000001398.jpg

B

Baker had a bonus run but the knuckleheads at the wdfw opened it for 5 fish and caused everyone and their dog with something that floated to descend upon the lake. Couple this with the very clear water this year and the fish were deep and spooky. I went up exactly 1 time and by the time I figured out they wanted it deep and ultra slow the sun was pretty high and the bite was off. I did hook a couple and landed one. I got the hell out of there to try and miss the mayhem at the ramp and haven't been back.
Wow, I can't believe I missed your post. :eek::eek::eek:

Yeah it sucks when they have an unheard of bonus amount of fish on the river or lake.
On the Chehalis this year it was not too terrible, but it wasn't fantastic, not a lot of water in the river. Then we had a few days of rain and the hatchery magically had over 10,000 fish show up that biologist hadn't planned on. How's that for miss management?. And of course, through the month of November they had a three fish limit and it was a freaking zoo so I did not attend, I don't have the patience for combat fishing anymore.
we did manage a pittance of seven fish punched with over half for jacks, we had a ton of drive-bys and lost fish due to brain farts.

IMG_1447.jpeg IMG_1515.jpeg

Wow, I can't believe I missed your post. :eek::eek::eek:

Yeah it sucks when they have an unheard of bonus amount of fish on the river or lake.
On the Chehalis this year it was not too terrible, but it wasn't fantastic, not a lot of water in the river. Then we had a few days of rain and the hatchery magically had over 10,000 fish show up that biologist hadn't planned on. How's that for miss management?. And of course, through the month of November they had a three fish limit and it was a freaking zoo so I did not attend, I don't have the patience for combat fishing anymore.
we did manage a pittance of seven fish punched with over half for jacks, we had a ton of drive-bys and lost fish due to brain farts.

View attachment 1777582 View attachment 1777590
Damn good to see you getting some of those prime fish in the boat still Jim!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top