JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, from what we gathered and were impressed with that this barking pitch was not that of a coyote, this was a much deeper and bass bark. We did check and confirmed that wolves were in the area. This bark was distinctively different from any sound from a coyote I have ever heard. Much more like a dog but we were 25 miles away from any ranch or town and well within National Forest or BLM land. Sound right?

Does to me. There is a wolf pack in that area for sure.

My old shooting buddy, he's passed on, and I saw a running figure above the private gravel pit where we used to shoot.... way up on the hill about 1000yds away. He was pitch black so I know it wasn't a yote. I've never seen a yote cover ground that fast. This was just outside of Cove.

Other friends have seen wolves on Mt. Emily, so it's not so unusual to have a sighting. In the Ukiah/Starkey area, we used to see a lot of cougar after the law prohibited hounds. Not so much now... maybe competition with wolves? We hunt the Granite Meadows and West Birch Creek area of Ukiah, but didn't get to go this year... so no wolf sightings to report.

Wolves coming to a call? I guess they could, don't know why not.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top