JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
all of the grey area is open to the tag in question Nov. 11-19 1697865114825.png

Nov. 11 - Nov. 19General Eastern Oregon Rocky Mountain 2nd SeasonOne spike elkUnits 49, 50, 52, 53, 61, 62, 63, unit 48 north and west of N Fork John Day Rvr and Unit 51 north of Hwy 245 and Burnt Rvr Canyon Rd between Unity and Durkee.

NEWS TO ME AS WELL!!

I've hunted Elk in Heppner since I was a young buck. It's some rough terrain and the weather can be quite extreme, but a highly productive unit.

That said.... spike only(?).... rocky mt. 2nd season(?)... good luck with that!! 🤣

If you want some great tips on where and how to hunt that unit... 3 of my family members that hunted that unit their entire lives have part of their ashes up there under some engraved marble markers. Feel free to stop by and ask em! Uncle Jim can be kind of an a-hole and will lead you astray, but Uncle Darrel and my Grandpap are straight shooters and excellent huntsmen!;)

Too many people in Imnaha unit already. Not as bad as in the willamette valley but JEEZ it's the middle of nowhere. Where'd you all come from??? Probably the valley like I did, huh...

By way of a "tip"... I would say... it's sure an awfully late start... and not the best time of the year to be putting boots on the ground to recon an unfamiliar hunting area. I would highly encourage just using your best educated guess to quickly decide on a unit and get out as quickly and as often as time permits to stretch your legs.

Elk are some crafty and extremely hearty animals. Any advantage you can give yourself by even having a basic understanding of the terrain and topography you plan to hunt will be of great benefit.

I've bought that tag 5 times.....filled it all 5 times in hepner, I have the big bull tag this year and can't go due to medical stuff. I'm working with odfw now to get my points back. I'd hunt around Ritter rd, potomus, pendlen lake areas

I've bought that tag 5 times.....filled it all 5 times in hepner, I have the big bull tag this year and can't go due to medical stuff. I'm working with odfw now to get my points back. I'd hunt around Ritter rd, potomus, pendlen lake areas
1697909898218.png

Thanks for sure will check out hepner and e scout those areas a bit. Pine Creek and Imnaha look like hunters at every tree haha. Hope you can get your points back. Best of luck.

There will definitely be alot of people. I use the road hunters to my advantage...pray for a little snow
Yup I hate hunting around roads and people so I just park up at campsites and hike for couple miles in what looks like the hardest direction to get to and camp for a few days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top