JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Spent a few days at a hunting preserve:
Had a great time! Shot a ton of birds. Guides were super nice, dogs were fantastic. Food is delicious and the proprietors are really friendly and accommodations were very comfortable. Highly recommend them.

IMG_9728.jpeg

Was it an indoor venue?
No one time it was a Pheasant farm up in Washington at a kind of primative place called Lincoln Creek. We rented one of their dogs that knew the area so well it kept running ahead of us and spooking the birds way to early so we put a 20ft leash on it and things got a lot better I think between the 3 of us that day we brought home 11 birds as we had only bought 8 (they allowed you to shoot any that were already in the area free these were mostly from hunter who weren't able to shoot all they paid for ) The other time it was a super fancy private club in the Bay area where as you pulled up on a bird you might have a plane behind the bird in the pattern for Travis Air Base made for some weird mind tricks as some of the planes are so big they look a lot closer over the bead on a Winchester model 101 shotgun then they were. I got 5 birds that day the guy I was hunting with his dog was amazing.

No one time it was a Pheasant farm up in Washington at a kind of primative place called Lincoln Creek. We rented one of their dogs that knew the area so well it kept running ahead of us and spooking the birds way to early so we put a 20ft leash on it and things got a lot better I think between the 3 of us that day we brought home 11 birds as we had only bought 8 (they allowed you to shoot any that were already in the area free these were mostly from hunter who weren't able to shoot all they paid for ) The other time it was a super fancy private club in the Bay area where as you pulled up on a bird you might have a plane behind the bird in the pattern for Travis Air Base made for some weird mind tricks as some of the planes are so big they look a lot closer over the bead on a Winchester model 101 shotgun then they were. I got 5 birds that day the guy I was hunting with his dog was amazing.
Just looked up Lincoln Creek.
According to Google Maps, it's permanently closed. =(

Spent a few days at a hunting preserve:
Had a great time! Shot a ton of birds. Guides were super nice, dogs were fantastic. Food is delicious and the proprietors are really friendly and accommodations were very comfortable. Highly recommend them.

View attachment 1783968
I found your other post where you asked about how to outfit yourself for your first hunt.
So this is your second trip there?
Looks like a fabulous place.
Might have to jaunt down south and check it out.
Thanks for the reminder.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top