JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The legal doctrine of accomplice liability means that each individual in the mob is responsible for the actions of every other individual in the mob. They are all aiding and abetting each other in the commission of a crime (trespassing and assault). I believe the wife is justified in treating them all the same. They were trespassing. They were menacing her. They were armed. They were making death threats. I saw one picture that looked like a protester's AR barrel pointed toward the house. That coupled with a verbal death threat is enough for me. Being swept with a muzzle should be the least of the protesters' worries.

The street inside a gated community is private property. Period. The protesters had no right to be there unless invited.
"But Sumd00d DID invite us! Prove they didn't!"

"But Sumd00d DID invite us! Prove they didn't!"

That does seem like a legal risk. All it takes is one useful idiot in the community, even after the fact, and the whole look of the thing might change. I wonder how much the law would expect a reasonable person like the subjects of this thread to know whether or not a mob was invited? It seems reasonable to assume they were not but again, not a lawyer.

I see so many post here and elsewhere victim blaming. Oh, don't let me forget the out and out lying. For me it falls under any landing you walk away from is a good landing.

These mobs have bad intentions. Period. There are so many recent examples of these mobs being uncontrollable. There little to pacify them outside of their own need for survival. That brings them back to reality.

Last Edited:
These mobs have bad intentions.
Many recent mobs have, however no homes in the community were damaged. The mob went to do what they said they would do, protest at the mayor's house. I wish the armed homeowners well, but I don't see myself reacting like that. I hope not anyway. Emotions are powerful things.

For all of you who are "hhhhmmming and haaaawwwing", wringing your hands, and/or look down on those who oppose "demonstrating" just remember something...

This...
BBD99472-B273-42A6-A3BA-55A4F30E63DE.jpeg

Can turn YOU into this in under 15 seconds...
1799B935-2EA5-4AA8-9F04-7DB9364D5737.jpeg

Even if they're "unarmed", a mob of people ARE THE WEAPON, so pull your heads out and grown some stones!

o_O

I've seen a lot of posts crop up repeating the couple's claim that they were threatened at gun point before going back inside and returning with arms.

In every video I've watched, I cannot find actual evidence to support this claim. Can someone point me to the video that shows the armed protestors and/or the ones making active threats toward the couple...ideally before they brought out arms but if not, after?

Also, this video clearly shows a gate opened and not destroyed: Couple Who Pointed Guns at Protesters Release Statement in Support of Protesters

So either there are multiple gates, one of which was opened and one of which was destroyed...or this one was destroyed after protestors had already entered...

If that was to approach my place of life...they'd be met with the 930 in my hands, along with Mrs. CTG and her AR...especially if the grand kids are visiting, while watching cartoons.

Suck it up people, nothing to negotiate here. When it gets to this point, diplomacy has left the building.

So either there are multiple gates, one of which was opened and one of which was destroyed...or this one was destroyed after protestors had already entered...

Someone damaged the gate after some protesters had entered I guess, who did it and why seem to be open questions?

Something to consider if one was to give a show of force on your porch is :

That someone in the "Mob" or opposing group may do something that leaves you no choice but to fire or retreat.
Neither are good choices.
If you intend to display a show of force...you must be willing to follow though with what message you are trying to convey...to include accepting the consequences of your actions.
If you do not follow through , you will at best appear weak...and at the worst harmed or killed.

A Clint Eastwood "Get off my Lawn" moment is great in the movies....because at the end of the day....everyone lives and can get a beer later.
In real life it may not end so well for you or someone one else.

Now before I am taken to task here...
Please note that I am all for defending oneself or one's home....
I am just saying to to do so smartly and that defense can take on many forms and "layers" so to speak.
Andy

For all of you who are "hhhhmmming and haaaawwwing", wringing your hands, and/or look down on those who oppose "demonstrating" just remember something...

This...
View attachment 716555

Can turn YOU into this in under 15 seconds...
View attachment 716554

Even if they're "unarmed", a mob of people ARE THE WEAPON, so pull your heads out and grown some stones!

o_O
Cherry picked images that have nothing to do with the event in question, and the assertion that if people don't think or act like you they are clueless and cowardly.

Nice.

The couple is white, wealthy, and they defied the BLM movement.

And none of that should matter.
But I'd be surprised if they and their large house survive the next couple of months.

It would be nice to see any surveillance video from the home owner point of view if any exist. I cannot imagine that they did have any cameras. glass breakage, motion, and entry detection on their large mansion.

Cherry picked images that have nothing to do with the event in question, and the assertion that if people don't think or act like you they are clueless and cowardly.

Nice.
Have you ever been gang mugged?

No, seriously... Have you?

"Hey man, can I bum a quarter...?" got me my first black eye and cracked ribs. And that was only 4 of them.

Stuff like that happens to you just once will change you quick.
After that - it's all about MY PERSPECTIVE.

So if there's no video of it, it didn't happen, and they must be lying? It seems that it's unprovable either way, unless you were there. I'm pretty sure that none of us were there.

I don't know these people, and don't hold a strong opinion about what they did and how they did it.

I also don't know the people in the crowd. I expect that many of them had good and peaceable intentions. I also expect that some among them were riled up and looking for trouble. What the exact makeup of this crowd was, I have no idea. Since we've all seen the photos of building burned and people beaten, it seems reasonable to me to not assume anything, especially since the police aren't going to come protect you.

People who are brimming over with self-righteous anger can be very dangerous, especially in a mob. This is true of all political persuasions, religions, and ideologies. It's basic human nature. Many, if not most, in the crowd sincerely want positive change. I understand that, and to a degree I agree with them.

The problem is that many among them are radicals and extremists, and the violence that they cause is what really makes the news, like what Stomper posted. Not all crowds of protesters are going to be violent and dangerous like that, but some certainly have that potential, especially when confronted. What was this particular crowd like, or capable of? I haven't a clue, wasn't there.

Nice.

Cherry picked only because it cuts across your theories and philosophies. The documented potential of such situations has everything to do with this event.

Last Edited:
This... Can turn YOU into this in under 15 seconds...

In one case in my life I felt the sudden urge to inspect my carry pistol, just in case it had gotten lint-y or anything. It was in a dark parking lot and some helpful yutes were being very attentive to my find-the-car activities. I guess they just wanted to see if my Glock 32 was lint-y as well, perhaps, but for whatever reason they seemed to hear their mother calling, or some other pressing business elsewhere.

It appeared to be in good working condition, so I put it back.

It would be nice to see any surveillance video from the home owner point of view if any exist. I cannot imagine that they did have any cameras. glass breakage, motion, and entry detection on their large mansion.

Not sure why you quoted me?
Nothing in your response had anything to do with what I said. [Or what I thought I said].

Let me say clearly.

I fear these two will suffer retaliation for defending there home the way the did. And for what they are.
That is not to say I think what they did was wrong.

Now as to your post?
Good question. That big old place should have all manor of surveillance?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads