JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While riding on secluded bike path in Portland. I encountered two Pitbulls running loose. They started to run after me and chased me for about a good distance . Fortunely for me, I have a electric bicycle and out ran them. If I didn't had an electric bike, they would have been all over me. So, what you think, should you be armed while biking?

Yes....
1650912727237.png

You should contact whomever mounted the latte holder on your bike to see if they can mount a holster for you. You might already have the ability to answer your own question.

Remember, both Portland and Multnomah county have prohibitions against loaded firearms, speed loaders, clips and magazines. You can get around this by having a CCL.

How about an extendable baton mounted on your front fork or handlebars, thats how quite a few bike cops ride, which makes sense. I formerly commuted 14 miles round trip to downtown Seattle at night for work via bike, and had a handful of sketchy encounters. One guy tried to punch me off my bike in the dark. Had a leather mask on his face with eye slits cut in it. He however didn't realize I was 6'8" 320, and wasnt too keen on a squaring up with me once I stopped, so off he ran :) haha. I had my ccw tucked way down in a bag as I was worried about it falling out/off, but a cheap baton makes alot of sense.

Last Edited:
How about an extendable baton mounted on your front fork or handlebars, thats how quite a few bike cops ride, which makes sense. I formerly commuted 14 miles round trip to downtown Seattle at night for work via bike, and had a handful of sketchy encounters. One guy tried to punch me off my bike in the dark. Had a leather mask on his face with eye slits cut in it. He however didn't realize I was 6'8" 320, and wasnt too keen on a squaring up with me once I stopped, so off he ran :) haha.
Was thinking that also

How about an extendable baton mounted on your front fork or handlebars, thats how quite a few bike cops ride, which makes sense. I formerly commuted 14 miles round trip to downtown Seattle at night for work via bike, and had a handful of sketchy encounters. One guy tried to punch me off my bike in the dark. Had a leather mask on his face with eye slits cut in it. He however didn't realize I was 6'8" 320, and wasnt too keen on a squaring up with me once I stopped, so off he ran :) haha. I had my ccw tucked way down in a bag as I was worried about it falling out/ofd, but a cheap baton makes alot of sense.

Uh oh…. Yer one of them corn-fed boys, ain't ya?!

🌽

;):D

I was attacked by dogs, three in fact, while riding my bike. They almost pulled me off, biting my arms and leg, which I am missing part of. I was able to fight them off and escape, pretty sure I wouldn't be here otherwise.

I carry now, for more reasons than just the dog attack. Anyone who says otherwise is fine to do so, but I'm going to do what I need to protect myself. I have a securely frame mounted pouch, but others have recommended something to be body worn.

Here's a related thread:

-Robert

Should I be armed while biking….. I'm armed no matter what I am doing. Riding a bike, walking, or driving. It makes no difference to me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top