JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Imagine if all this effort and energy over a non existent problem had been applied to overturning the ATF or any other actual conservative principle, or even going after the real threats to women, like the Brock Turners and that affluenza kid or something
yeah, six pages of worrying about Costco membership rules does seem like a bit of a waste of time. i could complain for a half an hour why i don't like showing my receipt on the way out the door, but eh, it's the cost of business.

not as if i'll stop going to the post office or school grounds or federal buildings or my few local choices in grocery stores because of their gun rules.

some leeway can be handled. sure, it's not 100% 2A, but my life isn't 100% 2A anyway. a man's gotta eat and do business.

if you went by the concept of zero tolerance in your 2A stance, you'd rarely go anywhere without defying the rules, or at least limiting your resources.

sure, i wish i could strap everywhere without the headaches and judgement. plenty of places i'd prefer to be armed that don't allow it. heck, Walmart is one place we SHOULD carry. but we have way bigger issues to focus on. (i.e.)

pick your battles wisely. costco isn't one of them to be worth this much concern, IMO.

Most of the stores you shop at have a no weapon policy in their books/manuals which is not posted to the public with a sign. If they were really concerned about it, they would have prominent visible signage on the entry door.
Albertsons, Safeway, Washington Square Mall, are gun free zones with no signage posted, and the list goes on and on.
I carry concealed and don't worry about it.

Last Edited:
I think the coverage becomes void.

And Oregon is working on making signage enforcable, they've already made public buildings gun free zones.
With the exception of gov. Buildings and where posted by the property owner, you can carry in them.
not as if i'll stop going to the post office or school grounds or federal buildings or my few local choices in grocery stores because of their gun rules.
So Oregon when the states were given the option to not follow Fed rules for that, Oregon and other states opted-out of them and the rules were left up to the states.
As for schools, Oregon made a law that allows the individual school districts to select the level of restriction they want to have. Most Oregon school districts haven't chosen to place any restrictions beyond not open carrying in the buildings and/or on the grounds.
Oregon does have a law that allows a CHL holder to carry in a school and on grounds but only concealed. Sidewalks are open carry across the state near schools but please don't test that.
But this is also and !IMPORTANT! it's dependent on the school district as some have opted to not allow any weapons in the buildings. As for the grounds, as long as you remain outside your good but don't push it.

With the exception of gov. Buildings and where posted by the property owner, you can carry in them.

So Oregon when the states were given the option to not follow Fed rules for that, Oregon and other states opted-out of them and the rules were left up to the states.
As for schools, Oregon made a law that allows the individual school districts to select the level of restriction they want to have. Most Oregon school districts haven't chosen to place any restrictions beyond not open carrying in the buildings and/or on the grounds.
Oregon does have a law that allows a CHL holder to carry in a school and on grounds but only concealed. Sidewalks are open carry across the state near schools but please don't test that.
But this is also and !IMPORTANT! it's dependent on the school district as some have opted to not allow any weapons in the buildings. As for the grounds, as long as you remain outside your good but don't push it.
From what I read for Portland public schools they banned them from school property, not just buildings.

I do hope this gets to scotus someday because as I understand it the founding era only students were restricted from having guns (to reduce duels happening on university of Virginia campus), not teachers, admin, staff, parents, or visitors. That was from mark smith four boxes diner guy. If this is ever challenged all the way to scotus I think it will get thrown out.

So they're not actually for kids, they're for adults, but they are someplace kids *might* see them and even though sexuality is displayed everywhere in the store it's OK because it's the one you're comfortable with and besides which even though no one can actually prove they are for kids because, they aren't, everybody's just going to make up their own version of what's actually going on, do I get that about right?
Not even close. No such thing as XS Adult clothing. If it's labeled that way, it's INTENDED for kids.

Last Edited:
From what I read for Portland public schools they banned them from school property, not just buildings.
Ive never been totally clear on that part. From what I understand CHLs are exempt IF they DONT post a sign at all normal points of entry. Not certain how that works in the parking lots.

They are chicken $hit like most companies are. They will sing a different tune if one was to put a stop to a active shooter being stopped in there store by a chl owner.

.not as if i'll stop going to the post office or school grounds or federal buildings or my few local choices in grocery stores because of their gun rules.
I don't care about businesses not wanting people to carry there. But personally I avoid messing with federal laws. Huge difference between being asked to leave and being prosecuted for a federal crime.

Ive never been totally clear on that part. From what I understand CHLs are exempt IF they DONT post a sign at all normal points of entry. Not certain how that works in the parking lots.
For the schools they don't actually have to post a sign banning them. They use "implied knowledge" as it's placed that it's the owners responsibility to check first.

Not even close. No such thing as XS Adult clothing. If it's labeled that way, it's INTENDED for kids.
It takes about 3 seconds using whatever search engine you like to discover that yes "XS" IS a legitimate adult clothing size

And for the life of me I can't figure out why so many people think that a child's sexuality can be changed by a piece of clothing. I don't know, maybe ya'll's life experiences have been different, but for me the was never a time that I would have looked at a what's basically a reinforced Speedo and thought "Maybe I'll try guys today" :s0114: :s0114:

There's no refund of your membership fee for not wanting to show your receipt. :D

The policy is just worded so arrogantly, I do realize that I support plenty of rainbow/alphabet nonsense.

One of my funds is a laundry list of woke corporate activism.

I'm sure somewhere something I'm in invests in Costco.

Sorry if I offended anybody 👍

It takes about 3 seconds using whatever search engine you like to discover that yes "XS" IS a legitimate adult clothing size

And for the life of me I can't figure out why so many people think that a child's sexuality can be changed by a piece of clothing. I don't know, maybe ya'll's life experiences have been different, but for me the was never a time that I would have looked at a what's basically a reinforced Speedo and thought "Maybe I'll try guys today" :s0114: :s0114:
Target selling tuckable kids clothes was fake news but the movement behind it teaching kids they can choose genders is not fake news.

Target selling tuckable kids clothes was fake news but the movement behind it teaching kids they can choose genders is not fake news.
Yeah, it is. But you know what's NOT fake? This very real outrage from AZ

Pedophiles are now "MAP" and have their own little cute flag.

We are castrating and cutting up children….. literally ruining lives to virtue signal.

America WTF!?!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top