JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FWIW, unless you're in a state where posted signage has the force of law, "against store policy" does not mean "illegal". If you break store policy they may choose to revoke your membership, but you won't face criminal charges unless you refuse to leave the property - then you're trespassing and can be charged with a crime. So, noncompliance may be an option for those who don't live in one of those states where signage has force of law, or are willing to sacrifice their membership.
bubblegum signage. Just carry always unless you are going to a legit restricted area such as airport or courthouse. Carry concealed, it's no one else's business.

FFADA011-B6B3-44F8-8582-3CEA9F47A974.jpeg

No. Just your membership agreement.
It's a good thing I'm a secondary person on the membership, I didn't see any agreement...

I can walk in with a set list and leave with a set list, costco loses money on their rotisserie chickens so with this, concealed is concealed, I'll buy more chicken and less other goods and they will lose money on me instead of make...

FWIW, unless you're in a state where posted signage has the force of law, "against store policy" does not mean "illegal". If you break store policy they may choose to revoke your membership, but you won't face criminal charges unless you refuse to leave the property - then you're trespassing and can be charged with a crime. So, noncompliance may be an option for those who don't live in one of those states where signage has force of law, or are willing to sacrifice their membership.
Along this same train of thought, how does this affect CCW insurance coverage in those states where signage has force of law? Is the insurance voided if you carry in a signed place?

Edit: I am aware of one State that currently has a bill in the legislature to deem all places presumptively as prohibited unless you have a sign allowing firearms posted.

Minutes? Dude, in Portland it's hours if not days....
Yeah in PDX for a robbery they are not coming. You go online and fill out a police report, and that's the end of the story. 10 years ago dealing with squatters in foreclosures we waited 3 to 4 hrs.

I carry in Costco daily. Don't care.
I can't ever remember a time that I was in Costco that I did NOT have my concealed carry on me. As long as you don't whip it out in the store or drop it on the floor due to lack of proper holstering I can't see any way they would ever know. The Safeway 200 yards from my local Costco was shot up by a 20 year old guy last December killing 2. If there had been a concealed carrier in the store it could have turned out very different. The gun man could have just as easily ran into the Costco instead of the Safeway and there is nothing in Costco that would have stopped him.

2023-07-07_105321.jpg

What is Costco going to do if they catch you with a gun in the store? Ask you to leave and never come back? Costco needs to do what they need to do to protect themselves legally. I need to do what I need to do to protect my life and the life of my family who are frequently with me when I go to Costco. It is my responsibility to make sure my pistol is properly concealed so the two needs never overlap!

Last Edited:
We have a membership from Wife's job. The one close to us is in a spot that makes it way too much hassle for me to bother. They would have to be giving stuff away to get me in there. As far as no gun? If I head to one with Wife again I will be carrying and could care less.

Only after reading an article years ago about some vet getting shot in Costco after getting spotted.
When I read this it "claims" the guy was destroying stuff in the store, then pulled a gun on the LEO's who showed up. Now again media being what it is did this really happen? Who knows. I do know that I always carry. I often do not really worry too much about someone spotting it. I can say if I ever get braced by an LEO or two I will NOT be reaching for the damn gun.

To each their own - as long as they don't lobby for restricting my rights, I respect their right to say what happens on their property, just as I have the right to say what happens on mine (e.g., I don't allow hunting - except certain people, and only then for small critters - it just isn't safe on my property).

Most people who work in offices work for an employer who has a "no firearms/weapons" policy in/on their workplace. Do all pro-2A people quit those jobs or refuse to work for them? I doubt it.

To each their own - as long as they don't lobby for restricting my rights, I respect their right to say what happens on their property, just as I have the right to say what happens on mine (e.g., I don't allow hunting - except certain people, and only then for small critters - it just isn't safe on my property).

Most people who work in offices work for an employer who has a "no firearms/weapons" policy in/on their workplace. Do all pro-2A people quit those jobs or refuse to work for them? I doubt it.
Nope. Lucky for me I got the green light for carrying at work.

COSTCO, where the sheep go to congregate. If you don't fund them they will wither!
Somehow I don't think Costco is going to get cancelled the way BL and others have. I'm not going to stop shopping there same way as I still go to the post office from time to time.

There is likely very few large retailers that don't either donate money to anti causes or have policies in place regarding firearms. I'm not going to live my life on permanent boycott. There are certainly hills to die on when it comes to particular brands/stores but Costco ain't one of them for me. Not for this anyway.

Here we go again.... Y'all best stop using Microsoft, Apple, Google, virtually all banking, Walmart, Costco, Benchmade, etc.... Good luck on your hill.....

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top