JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
KB orders all K-12 schools in Oregon closed for 2 weeks.

KB orders all K-12 schools in Oregon closed for 2 weeks.

Thank goodness, finally some action. When I took my kid out of an OR state school last week nobody could understand why. They could only say "the health authority says it's ok". And they said the janitors would clean the doorknobs at night like that would make everything ok. So relieved they are finally doing something.

Plenty of kill power but very little over penetration in homes... It's a sweet spot.

So, my limited experience with defensive shotguns was fishing in Alaska. The guides carried pump shotguns with about four 00 buck loads followed by a couple of one ounce slugs - all for protection from bears. Their idea was to break the bear down with the 0O buck, and use the slugs if needed. I'm currently, apparently, equipped to kill a bear. If I go to #4 buck, is that the pattern for home defense as well - #4 buck followed by something heavier, or do you stick with #4 buck for all shots.

So, my limited experience with defensive shotguns was fishing in Alaska. The guides carried pump shotguns with about four 00 buck loads followed by a couple of one ounce slugs - all for protection from bears. Their idea was to break the bear down with the 0O buck, and use the slugs if needed. I'm currently, apparently, equipped to kill a bear. If I go to #4 buck, is that the pattern for home defense as well - #4 buck followed by something heavier, or do you stick with #4 buck for all shots.
You should be able to stop any human with #4 buckshot in CQB situation. Most home defense situations it would still not spread too much apart. Using 00 indoors is just asking to put a hole in your neighors wall.. But, I hear #4 buck can overpenetrate too.

If you got neighbors you don't want to kill, re-think slugs.. No way I am shooting slugs with crying babies on the other side of my paper thin walls.

Huge debate in the Self-Defense gun world.

I keep heavy 5.56 BTHP round for home defense though. Shotgun rounds just over-penetrate. But, I live in an apartment complex not in a home on some acreage. In that case, why not just use 00 Buckshot then if you are using a shotgun for home defense and not worried about going through walls.

You should be able to stop any human with #4 buckshot in CQB situation. Most home defense situations it would still not spread too much apart. Using 00 indoors is just asking to put a hole in your neighors wall.. But, I hear #4 buck can overpenetrate too.

If you got neighbors you don't want to kill, re-think slugs.. No way I am shooting slugs with crying babies on the other side of my paper thin walls.

Huge debate in the Self-Defense gun world.

I keep heavy 5.56 BTHP round for home defense though. Shotgun rounds just over-penetrate. But, I live in an apartment complex not in a home on some acreage. In that case, why not just use 00 Buckshot then if you are using a shotgun for home defense and not worried about going through walls.

House in the middle of 10 acres, but I do worry about going through walls when others are here.

Note none of these meds actions regarding covid-19 have have been proven in randomized control trials/studies.

Hydroxychloroquine may be more effective than chloroquine. And possible OTC med Quercetin being studied by Canadian researchers for treatment of covide-19.

Note none of these meds actions regarding covid-19 have have been proven in randomized control trials/studies.

Hydroxychloroquine may be more effective than chloroquine. And possible OTC med Quercetin being studied by Canadian researchers for treatment of covide-19.

Here is link to article discussing plans for testing Quercetin.

After reading reviews on this product from Amazon, I decided to try a 250gr bag. If the study goes well this stuff will probably go out of stock quick and or amazon demand pricing will cause a jump in price. At 6grams a day the 250gr bag should provide 40+ doses.

Before you judge my $50 purchase, it was either this or buy more toilet paper.:)

Last Edited:
Here is link to article discussing plans for testing Quercetin.

After reading reviews on this product from Amazon, I decided to try a 250gr bag. If the study goes well this stuff will probably go out of stock quick and or amazon demand pricing will cause a jump in price. At 6grams a day the 250gr bag should provide 240+ doses.

Before you judge my $50 purchase, it was either this or buy more toilet paper.:)
Somebody believes that Quercetin has promise.

Some other research on Quercetin:

The takeaway from this article is the Quercetin and Isoquercetin are going to work similarly:
Therefore, the therapeutic profile of isoquercetin is identical to that of quercetin. This article will therefore consider the therapeutic applications of isoquercetin together with those of quercetin.

Last Edited:
5 known cases but 100,000 likely. That spread seems a little extreme. With 100,000 cases they should have about 20,000 hospitalized or dead. Good luck testing for the 100,000.

Last Edited:
We should not be in this position. We need to rectify this pronto.

Edit: We can't buy drugs from Canada because they might be unsafe but the US drug companies can source their base materials from China. Lame!!!

Last Edited:
Unfortunately we have numerous first responders getting contaminated with covid-19 AKA Wuhan coronavirus. With massive panic buying and consumers retreating from daily social activities and the closing of most major events and public schools this has created a vacuum of fear and phobias. If we apply common sense and overcome human nature to fight one another, we can get through this first wave of the virus.

Like the Boys and Girls Scouts, be prepared and ready, treat it like a natural disaster, earthquake, firestorm, flood, etc. We are better than that, let's not fall into our human frailties of *itching, hate and greed. I'm semi retired and so much for retirement. Back to my previous industry helping out the first responders. Stay healthy and strong. See you all on the front lines. Cheers. Happy Friday the 13th.

Last Edited:
Televangelist fraud Jim Bakker is selling a cure...yay! I hope he starts hawking buckets of textured soy protein like they did during the Y2K global meltdown...when we all died like we are all going to do this time as well.

Just beat me to it.........................:eek:

1584110535184.png

Televangelist fraud Jim Bakker is selling a cure...yay! I hope he starts hawking buckets of textured soy protein like they did during the Y2K global meltdown...when we all died like we are all going to do this time as well.

He's hoping they throw the book at the slimebag. That is grossly irresponsible what he's doing. :mad:

Figured war-like threats would be on the horizon: China threatens to stop all meds to USA?

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads