JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Now over three thousand cases in Spain and their death toll has doubled. The king and queen, as well as the entire cabinet, has been tested.

Death toll the other day in Italy was at 6.22% when I checked. Probably an over estimation, but now they are reporting that their hospitals are maxed out... so it's anyone's guess.

There is talk of "mutation" but I'm not keen on buying that, IMO it's far more likely that China has been fudging the numbers from the start.

All that any town or country can do at this point is to try to slow the impact on the health care facilities. There is no way to stop the virus from spreading, we can only slow it down.

Norway (My Motherland) Not [messing] around...

Not EU, pretty much as isolationist as one can get. (Not to be confused with Sweden... Norway is strict with visitors...)
My ancestral home also. I am around 80% - 90% Norwegian. Glad to see that they are testing and taking it seriously.

My ancestral home also. I am around 80% - 90% Norwegian. Glad to see that they are testing and taking it seriously.
Ever read the, "So, you want to visit Norway...?" tourist brochures and travel magazines?
They all start off with... "Are you sure...? Really?"

C3876215-405C-4D03-86E0-F84E18AA687F.jpeg
84F431AC-0B65-4340-9C75-8EF0CF035037.jpeg

One this we need to think about now is when rationing of healthcare starts here. In Italy the doctors are having to decide who lives and dies because they dont have enough ventilators for all the patients. The older, unhealthier patients are dying so the younger healthier patients can get treated. In war, we send soldiers to capture a hill knowing very well that many of them will die because that hill is more important than any of them.

We have to accept that this is going to happen here and the last thing we need is people pulling out firearms and threatening their doctors to put their loved ones on a ventilator. It wont work.

Countries who are not testing widely have the highest death rates because their health systems are being overwhelmed. We are among the worst for testing so our mortality rate is going to definitely be up there.

There will soon be a war in those hospitals where doctors are going to let people die without treatment because they dont have a choice. There are no rules to this and none of us plan to do it at all.

But it will help no one if someone pulls out a firearm to try and save their loved one. If it happens enough, I dont see even the second amendment surviving.

Yes, the physicians at the front lines are worrying about this now and that is why Im saying it here.

I've been thinking about this. Hunkering down at home for me (an introvert) is really no big deal because it's mostly my normal state. The only real difference is that instead of hitting the supermarket once a week -- which I don't enjoy anyway -- I won't have to go for at least a couple months having stocked up pretty well in the last week or so. A chest freezer sure helps in that regard. I feel like I'm going to become an actual food prepper after this. I wish I already was.

I've often thought of getting a freezer and buying half a cow for good eats for a long time. Might have to buy that freezer here...

One this we need to think about now is when rationing of healthcare starts here. In Italy the doctors are having to decide who lives and dies because they dont have enough ventilators for all the patients. The older, unhealthier patients are dying so the younger healthier patients can get treated. In war, we send soldiers to capture a hill knowing very well that many of them will die because that hill is more important than any of them.

We have to accept that this is going to happen here and the last thing we need is people pulling out firearms and threatening their doctors to put their loved ones on a ventilator. It wont work.

Countries who are not testing widely have the highest death rates because their health systems are being overwhelmed. We are among the worst for testing so our mortality rate is going to definitely be up there.

There will soon be a war in those hospitals where doctors are going to let people die without treatment because they dont have a choice. There are no rules to this and none of us plan to do it at all.

But it will help no one if someone pulls out a firearm to try and save their loved one. If it happens enough, I dont see even the second amendment surviving.

Yes, the physicians at the front lines are worrying about this now and that is why Im saying it here.
Bolus, most likely hospitals will have armed guards, even National Guard if it comes to that. Not a lot of people are going to risk killing themselves by engaging the military (and their relatives, potentially) to save their relative. I don't doubt the scenario can get chaotic though.

I think our complacency is going to really come to haunt us in this one. Sadly, complacency almost is the history of America. We are a country that is diligtent, powerful and overcome overwhelming odds. Then life gets good, we sit back and forget all the chaos and tragedy in the world. I can think about how after WWI, Americans became very anti-war and really wanted to isolate themselves from the evils happening in the world. It took something like Pearl Harbor to even bring America into WWII.. This was already after Hitler was conquering several countries throughout Europe and a dangerous Axis was formed between Germany and Japan.

Look what we had to do in WWII to survive as a country. We had to ration food, turn normal businesses into military manufacturing plants. People could no longer use copper coins. A large number of people in our country had to sacrifice their normal lives (including women, many who were housewives in that era) to go and work to help manufacture weapons and equipment for the military. IT was a collective effort of survival and we lived under strict laws and had limitations to our freedoms.

And, the sad part, is if we would have just heeded the warnings and tried to stop these threats before they evolved into something much larger we could have saved ourselves from the massive loss of life and widespread carnage. As well, we would have not had to have made such an effort to survive.

What I see with Coronavirus is what I see in some ways with the anti-war protests of WWII era.. Not our war, no European wars! ANd, we have Democrats and globalists crying for open borders. And, we don't have plans to protect our citizens (esp with 50,000,000 illegals we have to feed, give medical aid to,clothe and house). If there is anything good about our federal government and tax system it should have a priority for natural disaster relief, which includes disease pandemics. Especially ,in a society that has free and open travel from people all over the world and a huge influx of undocumented immigrants. Can we ever depend on a giant bureaucracy though to save us in such dire times? Sadly, it seems only in a time of crisis will the government actually mobilize and it is usually because it takes fear of death and chaos for a population to prioritize what is important in their country. In WWII, many people went from anti-war protestors to hardcore patriots who were ready to enlist and risk their life for their country once the war hit home. People in Europe already were dying en masse and entire countries were under siege, not to mention the Holocaust where entire ethnic groups were being systematically exterminated.

Aye Captain. 14+ yrs NEBB Certified
Labs and ORs were my favorite, setting up the correct airflow cascade between spaces.
I was a systems control journeyman. :)
And nearly one of the last of the pneumatic control techs. That was years ago. (State buildings - pre digital)
I thought I recognized your language. ;)
Wait.. Any Kaiser stuff?

Last Edited:
I was an systems control journeyman. :)
And nearly one of the last of the pneumatic control techs. That was years ago. (State buildings - pre digital)
I thought I recognized your language. ;)
Wait.. Any Kaiser stuff?
Yes, but mostly Pharma/FB, Amazon,Apple Data Centers/OHSU/Legacy/Providence/Genentech/DEQ-PHL

Retired now...Thank God.

It defintely seems like the virus is not doing well in the southern hemisphere so hopefully it goes away here in the spring/summer. It will be interesting watching the next few months of new job numbers and unemployment numbers. My workplace was already struggling before this virus business begin, this situation won't help.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads