JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My dad's care facility has stopped allowing all visitors. I go see him daily so that's going to take some getting used to.....

So. The new phrase is going to be, 'Decoupling.' As in - economic decoupling and dependence on China now.
It's a no-brainer at this point. Completely unfathomable just 3 months ago but now we see a glaring strategic weakness that nearly all US citizens will agree needs to be fixed. Co-dependence is never a good position to be in. But it is hard to admit.

Last June:

And here is Chinese CPC Party Propaganda threatening the US if it does...

karnac.jpg

PS: Looks like were going on National Emergency Status this afternoon... Stafford Act, etc. Watch the news.

Last Edited:
Ok. Now it's just getting crazy.
Just off the phone with Aunt. She lives in the sticks of North Carolina. Town nearby is tiny. Way off the beaten path...
Not even 1,800 folks there...
And one now has a confirmed case of coroV. :oops:

Sparta, North Carolina.

You know what's fun?
Reading this thread from the beginning...

Everyone here is allowed to react to this as they individually see fit. You don't see a problem? Cool. Telling others who seem more concerned that, "The flu is just as bad..." is not responsible and incorrect. Countries don't lock down borders and refuse billions in commerce and trade just because, "muh... just a flu."

This thread is going to age like old milk.

So I wonder if all the dunder heads who kept repeating.... "BuT iTs JuSt tHe FLu" have figured it now... It's not just the effing flu!!!:mad:

I can report that no, some of the people on the Next-door app living in Beaverton/Hillsboro STILL think it is just the flu. Many think the sunshine is a magic bullet.

Edit to add: I live around idiots, apparently. Can't get a single one to pony up a research article backing their opinion. Glad I got the guns in this neighborhood :rolleyes:

2009 H1N1 500000 got sick 12000 die
And no one give two bubblegums about it.
And now MSN pounding fear in to people heads. And everyone is listening to.

As of this morning still plenty of beer and pretzels on the shelves at the one grocery store I went to....when the beer and pretzels get depleted...then I will freak, but will do so quietly...so as not to cause a scene.

I can report that no, some of the people on the Next-door app living in Beaverton/Hillsboro STILL think it is just the flu. Many think the sunshine is a magic bullet.

Edit to add: I live around idiots, apparently. Can't get a single one to pony up a research article backing their opinion. Glad I got the guns in this neighborhood :rolleyes:

I am with you. I have no idea why people are so dumb with all the well educated people are here. I think there is a systematic state of denial which is cultural and discounts academic information. I see that in my profession and neighboring professions as well. Some of my my peers with better education from Eastern or MidWest School, in comparison to the locals; have been similarly critical of the local cultural discount on evidence based studies or quality of the regional eduction.

And now MSN pounding fear in to people heads. And everyone is listening to.
Nope. It's all the bodies and dead people clogging up the hospitals that scares me. Irreversible fibrosis? Not too appealing...
And that H1N1 #? That was after almost 2 solid years of spreading. We're only into the 3rd month with this - and the logarithmic looks horrifying.

Besides... What if we are taking this seriously because of things we learned from past epidemics/pandemics? Like 2009?
We seem to be... taking it seriously. Or maybe 2009 wasn't worth worrying about either? See? Catch 22 there.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews