JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I am with you. I have no idea why people are so dumb with all the well educated people are here. I think there is a systematic state of denial which is cultural and discounts academic information. I see that in my profession and neighboring professions as well. Some of my my peers with better education from Eastern or MidWest School, in comparison to the locals; have been similarly critical of the local cultural discount on evidence based studies or quality of the regional eduction.
It's our nature as creatures.
It's called fear. And we are all susceptible to it.
It's how we deal with it that matters.

Or, as a childhood mentor would say, "Knowing is half the battle!"

It's our nature as creatures.
It's called fear. And we are all susceptible to it.
It's how we deal with it that matters.

Or, as a childhood mentor would say, "Knowing is half the battle!"
Nah, I'm pretty sure it has more to do with confusion.

When you look at a dude, but can't call him a dude, and am requested that you call him a dudette, you start to learn not to trust your own damn eyes. If you can't trust those, what can you trust?

Nah, I'm pretty sure it has more to do with confusion.

When you look at a dude, but can't call him a dude, and am requested that you call him a dudette, you start to learn not to trust your own damn eyes. If you can't trust those, what can you trust?
Somehow I think I crossed that reply up with something else... but it still seems to fit. Lol.

Agreed. It truly does seem to be a Brave New World.

I've often thought of getting a freezer and buying half a cow for good eats for a long time. Might have to buy that freezer here...

I love having the freezer even without buying half a cow. I buy steak at Cash&Carry which means buying a 15 to 20 pound chunk of meat which I then cut down into individual steaks and repackage. It would take up the whole freezer in my fridge but hardly seems noticeable in the chest freezer.

I love having the freezer even without buying half a cow. I buy steak at Cash&Carry which means buying a 15 to 20 pound chunk of meat which I then cut down into individual steaks and repackage. It would take up the whole freezer in my fridge but hardly seems noticeable in the chest freezer.
Mmmmm. Well, one thing is for sure, if my daughter's daycare gets shut down, my neighborhood is about to smell real nice, every day as I'll find myself in a position to smoke meats every day :D

Well the fear and terror has hit Tennessee after our first reported case.. All the stores are sold out of sanitzer, toilet paper, cleaning supplies.. I guess those things stop the coronavirus, right? :rolleyes: But, many of the stores still have a lot of food available, so guess what I am going to be stocking up on while people fight to the death over their last roll of toilet paper? Heck, you can use a lot of crap to wipe your crap in a pinch. If you don't have food you are going to go hungry. If they quarantine states (which they very well could do), you will be relying on government to feed you if you don't have enough food and that is going to suck.

I am just shocked at the priorities of most Americans today and how naive, silly and dumb people have become over this. My feelings are if you are afraid of dying from a disease or being quarantined you should be stocking up on healthy foods and nutritional supplements , not on cleaning solutions. THankfully, other people's idiocy is going to make it easier for me to get the stuff I know is essential. Just hope people don't catch on that its their personal health, not cleaning and sanitizing their homes that is going to help them here.

Agree. You can freeze stuff that u normally have to go to grocery store for such as bread, and milk (milk you have to take out some before u freeze it).

Just don't forget about the essentials.:s0114:
7E4ACFBC-D0ED-4CA3-867E-8AB332BBBEB3.jpeg
FBC641E9-B990-4F9D-8867-D72743E06AC5.jpeg

The construction work that was going on at my site is now on hold for ??? duration.

GF goes into work tonight so I'm sure she'll be witnessing the same we saw yesterday trying to get simple grocery. More so depending on how Trump's message goes today.

My brother at Nike says they're WFH now for at least two weeks. Not the sweat shops but the upper levels.

Agree. You can freeze stuff that u normally have to go to grocery store for such as bread, and milk (milk you have to take out some before u freeze it).
My freezer is almost packed to capacity.. First thing I bought was several cases of grass fed beef hot dogs , got lots of ground grass fed beef, frozen raw grass fed milk I get from a PA farm and loads of frozen veggies, frozen rice, frozen pizza, frozen bread, frozen pastas. You can actually freeze milk in plastic bottle without removing any.. I've been doing it for years, it just bloats up a little, but no big deal.

Anyone who doesn't have a stand up or any kind of deep freezer is missing out. Of course, I got supply of can and dried foods in case the zombies come and the power goes out. There are still some people in Nashville who don't have power after the tornado..

Crisis not complete...………...…….

without smoked baby back ribs & ice cold beer. So it was off to Warp, aka "Bend, OR". Time to stock up on ribs & beer. Decided to try the TP Castle, aka "Costco".

Got there before 9:30, place was packed. What a zoo, the Hershey Squirt line was way around the corner(s). Never did see the end, many must of been waiting for hours. Quite a few were just standing around the entrance not wanting to join the Hershey Squirt line. When the door opened, there were several bullies daring anyone to jump in. The employees had a second line of carts to lessen the crowding at the entrance. Bullies were quite upset and screaming from their open anuses, don't dare jump in. Crazy!!

No rush, the TP has been on hand for occasions like this. The Hershey Squirt line oozed around the corner(s) for at least 15 minutes. What a sloppy mess. When the line dripped to a stop, I made my dash to the ribs & beer.

Reading comprehension is a lost art in Warp. An employee was removing packs of TP from the Hershey Squirter's carts. Must of been a one per customer limit.

Well, the ribs are now in vacuum sealed bags, man cave portions. So where can a prepper find freeze dried ice cold beer? :D

Foreverlost,

On the good news front, just received my new passport and passport ID card in the mail.

On the bad news front, looks like we're going to cancel our trip to Los Cabos next month. Sigh :(

Did a site visit to the Spokane VA yesterday. Went through the covid screening station and then had the VA police give me a bit of half-joking ruckus about being from Oregon when I checked in with them. Don't blame them i guess. Being a veteran, the VA sites are some of my favorite visits, would hate to be the vector bringing in the virus.

Did anyone notice how Pelosi tried to upstage the President by scheduling her news conference earlier (once she head of the President's news conference)?

What a show. They still can't play well together.

Aloha, Mark

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews