JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Three of these words ("NEET", "tendies", "normies") I do not comprehend. To those who do not know, what does this mean? :s0076:

It's mostly jokes/memes from the web but as follows:

NEET = Not Employed in Education or Training
Tendies = chicken nuggets/tenders.
Normies = most average people who are moderate to extremely successful in life with a balance of social life and intimacy with a partner.

The joke I was making is basically all the autistic man children in their 30s+ still living at home with Mom in the basement as a drop out to society would do fine since they're already socially akward and introvert. Meaning it has 0 impact to them.

Read this, and maybe worry a bit.

""Her mother remains under in home quarantine in her apartment in a small city on the Western frontier. She seems to be fully recovered. She is eating rice that she has had piled up in her apartment for just such a reason – and refuses to eat any food that is brought to her door. This city is in the middle of a vast agricultural area. Hogs, cows and chickens are a staple of their economy. My mother-in-law has told us that the "death stench" has permeated her city the past week or so and getting worse daily. She cannot even open her windows. Why? No one is going to work – and no one is taking care of the livestock. No shipments of grain are coming in for the animals — and throughout the land the animals are starving in the pastures. The bodies by the hundreds of thousands are just laying in the sun and rotting. All this while the industrialized part of China is beginning to have severe food shortages. Something in my doctor brain is telling me that having millions of people so close to rotting animals cannot be good. What could possibly go wrong?" "

I suspect a LOT of companies might be forced to shut down or cut back to a skeleton crew if this really gets legs.

My client, where I report to work, has just updated the list of no-come in locations.

"Employees returning from or transiting through China, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, or Italy should arrange with their manager to work from home for fourteen days following their return. "

Face to Face, Conferences, demonstrations etc, all impacted. This applies not only to employees. Say a vendor wants to come in for a demo - same lists apply.

My employer has not sent out guidance since Jan 31. "stay home when you are sick" Wash hands etc.

My client, where I report to work, has just updated the list of no-come in locations.

"Employees returning from or transiting through China, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, or Italy should arrange with their manager to work from home for fourteen days following their return. "

Face to Face, Conferences, demonstrations etc, all impacted. This applies not only to employees. Say a vendor wants to come in for a demo - same lists apply.

My employer has not sent out guidance since Jan 31. "stay home when you are sick" Wash hands etc.

Honestly wondering when my employer/site wi do the same since we do get vendors/customers from all over and with companies that do international.

Guess I could ask the site owner and see or maybe my supervisor as well if we have a plan.

I'm not trying to be combative here. Yet I keep feeling it.

I've been following this YT channel for weeks now and he's called it all along very well. It's a daily good 15 minute summary of events and making realistic assessments. I believe he has a medical degree and a business degree.

All the hand wringing and gnashing of teeth about this helps you absolutely zero. Worrying about "Chinese coverups" and the "real incubation period" vs the reported one helps you zero. Worrying about Coronavirus while smoking ciggies and slurping down a big gulp is stupid. Focus first on what's most likely to kill you. Fiddling with your 401k to try to anticipate market losses is amateurish and a proven losing strategy long term.

That said, this isn't a non event. This does look like the horses are out of the barn and we aren't getting them back in. So some real things we should be doing are things we should have been doing all along. Try and live a healthy lifestyle, because this is harder on old and sick. Pactice good hygiene and wash often and well. Have some emergency supplies on hand that will help you through tough times. Have a balanced financial portfolio that will grow long term while ignoring fluctuations along the way.

As of yesterday, this outbreak, which has already been going on for months, hasn't been even upgraded to a pandemic by WHO...

I've been too busy working against 2A proposals in WA that actually are threatening the 2A community RIGHT NOW to hover over every suspicious nugget of unconfirmed information that most likely turn out to be highly exaggerated. So, I don't know if that changed today, yet.

Lots of folks in this thread are using this opportunity to test their preps or asking reasonable questions that could apply to any epidemic situation. Good on them for that.

Remember to TRUST the Chinese Government (and our own Govt?).......

"More than a quarter century after the massacre, the Chinese government's extensive censorship apparatus—which employs two million online censors — still rigorously blocks information about the protest. The ban is so total that not only is the search term "Tiananmen Square" censored, but so too are related words and phrases. Authorities have even gone as far as blocking combinations of the numbers 6, 4, 1989 that might obliquely reference the date of the protest, June 4, 1989. So for many members of the world's largest online population, the facts about the bloody crackdown have been erased."

Taken from https://time.com/2822290/tiananmen-square-massacre-facts-time/

Time will tell?
Rrrright........will the world ever get an accurate count of the number of dead and wounded?

Aloha, Mark

This morning I was talking with a VN immigrant (the legal kind). I asked him the question.......

Do you think if the coronavirus was coming from our southern border....that America, would still have the same attitudes about those immigrants/migrants?:eek:

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
If the coronavirus was coming from our southern border. Would America change it's attitude about the immigrants/migrants coming from that direction?:eek:

Aloha, Mark

Like the song sez… "always look on the bright side of life"....

The latest Tom Cruse, "Mission Impossible" re-re-re-tread has stopped filming due to Corona in Italy.

Wonder why it's going to be classified. I'm guessing if it gets pushed through with no resistance from the left that it may be something serious. I can't imagine the left not trying to find a reason to go against trump unless it's something serious.
It's OK it will be leaked out to the NYT or MSNBC or some other spectacularly credible source.............

Just plan for the worst and hope for the best we're all gonna die eventually anyway, now go wash your hands.

It's OK it will be leaked out to the NYT or MSNBC or some other spectacularly credible source.............

Just plan for the worst and hope for the best we're all gonna die eventually anyway, now go wash your hands.

Im waiting for the leak to happen. I've been avoiding people and washing hands like crazy.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR