JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I was discussing this with a friend in Canada last night. He has a few prescriptions after heart surgery a year ago.

Even if the virus doesn't get going in North America, anticipate impacts to various supply chains in the months ahead. For medicine, it could be due to impacted production elsewhere, or a key ingredient not being available.

Wonder why it's going to be classified. I'm guessing if it gets pushed through with no resistance from the left that it may be something serious. I can't imagine the left not trying to find a reason to go against trump unless it's something serious.

Wonder why it's going to be classified. I'm guessing if it gets pushed through with no resistance from the left that it may be something serious. I can't imagine the left not trying to find a reason to go against trump unless it's something serious.

Even more odd is that this is being done while President Trump is traveling out of the country. Must be either a) a giant nothing burger, or b) pretty bad...

Last Edited:
1582657356849.jpeg

art-remus-ident-04.jpg Your own best judgment determines what you do, if anything, to prepare for an epidemic of the Wuhan coronavirus. For myself, each round of information, as unreliable as it may be in its specifics, suggests an notable epidemic is more likely than not.

There are a few things known with certainty. Pneumonia is, as with all flu, the common mode of fatality. 61.5% of patients requiring hospitalization and intense monitoring ended up becoming "non-survivors". Wuhan coronavirus has an incubation period of three to twenty-seven days, i.e., infected but without symptoms. Fourteen days is typical. Fever and cough are common, diarrhea is not. Recovering from Wuhan coronavirus does not confer immunity, it can reinfect and cause further damage, including heart failure.
Only three of the more than 100 public health labs across the country have verified the CDC test for use . It means no one has been tested for this coronavirus in forty-seven states. The kits CDC distributed are flawed and none have yet been replaced. What are the real numbers of coronavirus cases in the US? As we say around here, "you can't find what you're not looking for".
One chilling thought. We may be seeing the first of multiple waves of the Wuhan coronavirus. Victims of the 1918 flu's "second wave" experienced their first symptoms and took their last breath all in the same day.
One other thing, from Centers for Disease Control, via CNBC
The virus is proving to be far more contagious than the flu, having spread from 300 people in mid-January to more than 75,700 as of Thursday morning.
As I've said elsewhere, I'll almost certainly be my own caretaker so I've bulked up my "flu kit". Flu pharmaceuticals are likely to disappear in the panic that accompanies the moment of general recognition. I shall make a checklist of symptoms, the appropriate medicine, the dosage and the interval. Living where I do I'm already in compliance with Remus's Most Excellent and Inviolable Rule One for Survival, namely and to wit:
Stay away from crowds.​
It's said aspirin is contraindicated for flu. I find the evidence convincing. It's said Sambucus may initiate or exacerbate a cytokine storm specific to the Wuhan coronavirus art-link-symbol-tiny-grey-arrow-only-rev01.gif . I shall exercise caution until the question is resolved.
An epidemic may be disruptive enough to force the prepper to rely on his back room stash for a long while. Should a massive uncontrolled pandemic occur, a catastrophic breakdown of utilities, services, transportation and industry may follow. This would be the collapse, the black swan. The prepper would become a survivalist, forced to rely on his deep larder and other doomsday preparations. That's another subject, but as I've asked in the past, if you're not preparing for the worst, what are you preparing for?

Stay away from crowds.

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 663430 Your own best judgment determines what you do, if anything, to prepare for an epidemic of the Wuhan coronavirus. For myself, each round of information, as unreliable as it may be in its specifics, suggests an notable epidemic is more likely than not.

Stay away from crowds.

Do any OTC meds help with survival of something like this? Or just alleviate symptoms?

Do any OTC meds help with survival of something like this? Or just alleviate symptoms?

from what I read it will just help with the symptoms. also from what I've read it seems a lot of people are dying from pneumonia. Might be best to see how to treat it as best you can at home.I can't temper the exact term but some type of percussion treatment seemed to help a lot of people back in the old days. Pretty much smacking the back to help break loose whatever is clogging your lungs up.

I been following the map for a while and what I am really finding hard to believe is there are 0 cases in central/South America. Either there have not been many Chinese visiting, or its totally unreported there.:eek:

I been following the map for a while and what I am really finding hard to believe is there are 0 cases in central/South America. Either there have not been many Chinese visiting, or its totally unreported there.:eek:

cant have any cases if you don't test for any cases. Pretty much what I'm going with now. If the US can't even test in all 50 states I doubt that Africa,South America etc can do it either.

cant have any cases if you don't test for any cases. Pretty much what I'm going with now. If the US can't even test in all 50 states I doubt that Africa,South America etc can do it either.
That is very true, but you would think the major cities would have it. Mexico City, San Palo, Rio.
I mean if they got kits in Oman and Algeria. Even there is now a cast in Afghanistan

All I'm hearing is stay distant and avoid people.

As a former NEET I'll do just fine in my mom's basement with all my video games and tendies. Have fun getting infected normies!

Nah but seriously now the CDC warns us that's a little concerning to me.

All I'm hearing is stay distant and avoid people.

As a former NEET I'll do just fine in my mom's basement with all my video games and tendies. Have fun getting infected normies!

Nah but seriously now the CDC warns us that's a little concerning to me.
Even your Avatar is prepped with a full haz mat suit!

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top