JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
wow people are so sensitive around these parts. I am sorry if my opinion of this stupid (to me) trend offended so many. Heavens forbid a stranger on a discussion forum doesn't agree with you. I will remember that we have to like everything that's posted here from now on.

:s0058:

Wouldn't it just be easier to either not post, or if its not your taste, just to say something along the lines of "Hey, that's not really my style, but you did a nice job". Try to remember what you mother used to say to you. If you have nothing nice to say, shut the he// up...

:s0058:

Wouldn't it just be easier to either not post, or if its not your taste, just to say something along the lines of "Hey, that's not really my style, but you did a nice job". Try to remember what you mother used to say to you. If you have nothing nice to say, shut the he// up...

lol all these people crying about one lil comment and I'm the one crying. got it. why are all of you responding to me and wasting your energy? just ignore what I say and go about your business.

"oh you are not very nice on the interweb!" boo hoo hoo.

I wish there was a way to block people from threads. This guy does not get it. This thread is about the engraving fill I did. Everyone keeps arguing back and forth. I am going to repost this with diff pictures, just to get this chipper guy off the thread. It is really clogging it up

There have been commercial kits for gold and silver inlay on fire arms for over forty years that I'm aware of. In fact i have a kit that's almost forty years old, still has gold and silver powder left. The trick is not to get to carry away with it.

The material I have used for this technique is a Sanford Mean Streak Waterproof Marking Stick. It is a big crayon-shaped marker in a plastic housing, very durable paint that gives you some time to get it off the surrounding surface before it dries and stays in the recesses. Brake Cleaner will get it off later if you want. The only colors I have are white and bright yellow (I imagine it is offered in other colors).

As for the debate about bashing, etc., I took Chipper's comment as parallel to what I've observed on this forum as well: Some persons are quick to take personally a critique of their opinons/advice. Others engage in "softening" their convictions with a disclaimer, "Just my two cents", "IMHO, etc. That is their choice, and I'm certain their motivation is to smooth the road to avoid harsh feedback. If it works for them, I encourage them to continue this strategy.

As for me, I will state my opinion, try to back it up with some hard evidence or experience, qualify it if it is something I have only heard from others, and let it stand. I do this in face-to-face conversations too, and not infrequently I do indeed offend some people who do not understand my directness. Mutual respect is the watchword (two words?).

I want to know why Mr. Sensitive (lilsqueve2003) has to have two threads of the exact same thing.
I also think he's a too worried about what people say, hence the "Mr. Sensitive" crack. Talk about other people taking the time to say something negative......how much time did you take responding so many times? You should understand that when you put something out there for others to see, it's going to get criticized. Some will be good criticism, some wont.

Anyway, while I'm not likely to do this to one of my guns, I think you did a very good job and I actually like the red letters on the Ruger grips. That looked pretty cool.:s0155:

Orygun, im not sensitive. This thread just got horribly off topic. The topic was not weather it looked good, or bad. It was throwing out an idea and if others liked it I would tell how it is done. Not about whether a few people like it or not. It is like you asking me if I like to go wheeling with you sometime, and I go off on how unicorns rock. Its not even the topic. People tend to take threads out of control and so far off topic with "internet battling." Its ridiculous.

Orygun, im not sensitive. This thread just got horribly off topic. The topic was not weather it looked good, or bad. It was throwing out an idea and if others liked it I would tell how it is done. Not about whether a few people like it or not. It is like you asking me if I like to go wheeling with you sometime, and I go off on how unicorns rock. Its not even the topic. People tend to take threads out of control and so far off topic with "internet battling." Its ridiculous.

Not at all. It like you asking him if he wants to go wheeling with you, and him saying wheelin' isn't really his "thing". I guess, put like that it really ISN'T a big deal.

Eh, what ever floats your boats guys. This thread is just horribly off topic. No point in brining anyting up. It has become more about arguing back and forth than anything. Is there a way to close threads?

Eh, what ever floats your boats guys. This thread is just horribly off topic. No point in brining anyting up. It has become more about arguing back and forth than anything. Is there a way to close threads?

Uhhh... Yeah... You can just post how you colored in your markings, so we can all move on. I'm tired of seeing this thread and elementary school 'guess how' games.

There...I bumped it again. Now 67 other people have to look and see if you put the games away and divulged which of the 13 different coloring methods you used on your particular firearm.

It's obvious to me that you are more interested in internet drama than in sharing a technique.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top