JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In Tennessee a handgun permit can be suspended by the judge. I was never prohibited from possessing firearms, but I could not buy one from a dealer because under TN law any charge which has a penalty of over 1 yr. you will not pass the background check. I was lucky to be able to have a low bond, otherwise I would have been in jail for over a year. My employer basically fired me because of the charge and I have been unemployed for 13 months and had to file bankruptcy. That resulted in the loss of my car and the bankruptcy trustee is now selling my house.
"Innocent until proven guilty" my bubblegum.
Our judicial system is a joke.
It can ruin someones life until the court gives up, the defendant goes bankrupt, or until they force the defendant to plea out.

"Innocent until proven guilty" my bubblegum.
Our judicial system is a joke.
It can ruin someones life until the court gives up, the defendant goes bankrupt, or until they force the defendant to plea out.

A few years ago a local tennessee man had a kel-tec plr-16 handgun in his car. The cops charged him with possessing a short barreled rifle. He was charged and indicted and sat around in the court system for two years until he made a plea deal, it ruined him. The cops around here are no joke. They will charge you with the most ridiculous charges and judges will go along with it. I was lucky that I qualified for some unemployment and that my wife is working a little. As a registered nurse, it is impossible to find employment with a felony charge pending.

A few years ago a local tennessee man had a kel-tec plr-16 handgun in his car. The cops charged him with possessing a short barreled rifle. He was charged and indicted and sat around in the court system for two years until he made a plea deal, it ruined him. The cops around here are no joke. They will charge you with the most ridiculous charges and judges will go along with it. I was lucky that I qualified for some unemployment and that my wife is working a little. As a registered nurse, it is impossible to find employment with a felony charge pending.
Stuff like that would turn a guy like me into a vengeance seeking Frank Castle REAL quick.

It doesn't matter. If he's within the law why would you side with the leos that trampled his rights and wrongly searched, seized and arrested him?

Hes still proving the point that people living defensive lifestyles are considered second class citizens and somehow retain no constitutional rights.. All in the defense of "public safety" its a slippery slope and honestly something most anti OC guys on here should really think about..

Where does it end?
What new regulations are you willing to bend over backwards for?
What Neo fascist label/band are you willing to wear just so you think you'll be left alone.. When will you guys snap out if it and stand up for your rights.

Pro OC activists have more courage and patriotism than you ever will.

To you OC naysayers..What about all the civil rights activists? Were they just seeking attention? Were they just "trouble makers"?

You guys are blind, brainwashed fools.

I completely agree, however being a realist I would never encourage my friends or family to participate in open carry demonstrations nor would I myself. I appreciate those who are willing to take the risks and demonstrate in a lawful way. However just as this case demonstrates we live in a world where what is right and legal sometimes have little affect on the outcome. Good guys are sometimes railroaded and even if eventually found not guilty it can ruin your life. I personally am not willing to risk my livelihood or freedom to prove a point. Maybe when I was in my 20's before I had a family and owned a business but those days are long gone.

Personally I want no contact with law enforcement I do not want to do anything that draws attention to myself. I am not scared of LE, just cant see that any good can come from it. When I lived in Idaho I open carried even though I had a concealed permit. I open carried in the bank, (my bank happened to have the regional FBI office upstairs) in convenience stores, at the county fair. I can not think of a single time where I was concerned about open carry. Of course this was 20 years ago in a very gun friendly area. It was still not all that common to see people open carry but no one was freaked out or threatened by it. Once in awhile I would open carry a S & W 629 .44 mag with a 8 5/8 barrel.

Today I would not even consider open carrying. I live deep in liberal gun hating territory where the mere sight of a gun is enough to shut down schools and deploy the SWAT team. I have a right too, I also understand that doing so poses risks that I am unwilling to take. Am I a chicken? Maybe, however I have too much to lose to be concerned about name calling. I have friends who open carry around here, most have done so without indecent, but it does not make me feel any less concerned about being on the wrong end of a law enforcement encounter gone wrong.

I do think there are some obnoxious open carry guys who I have no desire to be associated with. Guys who do more harm than good. However for the most part I support what they do, partly because they take risks to generate discussion that I myself am unable/unwilling to take.

I'm not too sure just what purpose a "silencer" will have on a rifle that spits out 3000fps bullets. Maybe suppress the muzzle blast somewhat, but not much in the way of a silencer.

Thread drift: It actually does more than you would think. I've fired/been nearby when others have fire a
suppressed AR. It knocks the sound level down to "hearing protection not required"--even with
factory ammo. It was a bit of a surprise to me just how much it did reduce the sound.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top