JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Voters are not going to directly strip us of the 2nd amendment. It's the dirt bags they vote for. If you think educating people and getting them over to a more gun friendly point of view is the answer, you are missing a very important point. The majority of people already support 2A. It is the vocal minority and power hungry politicians who are causing the most problems. If you really want to make a difference, educate your already pro 2A neighbors about the anti 2A politicians they keep voting for (eg. Wyden, Merkley, district Representative, and other tyrants).

Yea, let's have a gun pride parade. I hope they call out the national guard and every swat team in the area. We can invite them to have coffee.

Last Edited:
>> So what happened?
You may not know this but in the 1960's we had a massive increase in the number of mass murders

Oh yes, I missed this point: PRIOR TO the GCA68!!!!

Beside the crazy guy in TX, who participated in this MASSIVE increase... Oh yes, going from "0" to "1" is an infinite increase % wise isn't it? Maybe that is your "Massive increase".

In fact, WA changed their law a bit back in the 60's (as far as the state constitution would allow and then a bit more, see RCW 9.41.270(1))...why? Because some black people that identified with a group called the "Black Panthers" OC'd rifles into the capitol and the legislature was "intimidated" I don't remember any of these "Black Panthers" actually firing their weapons there though.

I have said what I have to say over and over again now: walking down an urban street with an AR-15 hoping to get a cop on film violating your rights is counterproductive. Lots of other people on this forum agree with me. You are welcome to disagree. We all have our own thoughts and free will to do what we wish.

Use your rights, fight for your rights, but be SMART about it. That's all. Thank you and goodnight.

You ever read this Idaho State Supreme Court ruling? In re BRICKEY. ?

I Do not hide my carry like a criminal...read the cite..
The Idaho Const. is nearly identical to the Tennessee Const. However, Tennessee says that there is no right to bear arms, except if one has a handgun carry permit. No rifle carry and no open handgun carry without a permit... How can the constitutions be interpreted so differently, yet be worded the same?

Tennessee Court of appeals said this on May 22, 2013 in the case <broken link removed> -- yes that was me challenging the law I thought was unconstitutional. It took three years to get them to say that...

The Idaho Const. is nearly identical to the Tennessee Const. However, Tennessee says that there is no right to bear arms, except if one has a handgun carry permit. No rifle carry and no open handgun carry without a permit... How can the constitutions be interpreted so differently, yet be worded the same?

Tennessee Court of appeals said this on May 22, 2013 in the case <broken link removed> -- yes that was me challenging the law I thought was unconstitutional. It took three years to get them to say that...

Did you/your attorney present this from the Idaho Supreme Court in your arguments? I know it has no legal weight in TN, but it does have historical weight.

I would suppose that the State's argument brought up the 1929 decision in OK... no?

Aug. 26, 2014 the charge was dropped. The judge ordered the cops to give me back the silencer and rifle. A couple hours later I was back on city streets in front of the courthouse and police station, and federal building to handout leaflets as I did last year before being arrested.

The prosecution lasted such a long time because the DA used it to simply keep me in legal limbo, a punishment for a crime they knew they could not ever get a conviction on.

It doesn't matter. If he's within the law why would you side with the leos that trampled his rights and wrongly searched, seized and arrested him?

Hes still proving the point that people living defensive lifestyles are considered second class citizens and somehow retain no constitutional rights.. All in the defense of "public safety" its a slippery slope and honestly something most anti OC guys on here should really think about..

Where does it end?
What new regulations are you willing to bend over backwards for?
What Neo fascist label/band are you willing to wear just so you think you'll be left alone.. When will you guys snap out if it and stand up for your rights.

Pro OC activists have more courage and patriotism than you ever will.

To you OC naysayers..What about all the civil rights activists? Were they just seeking attention? Were they just "trouble makers"?

You guys are blind, brainwashed fools.

"Pro OC activists have more courage and patriotism than you ever will. To you OC naysayers..What about all the civil rights activists? Were they just seeking attention? Were they just "trouble makers"? You guys are blind, brainwashed fools."

They were considered trouble makers back in the day by those that were against their civil rights. We have many people like that on this board....

I have said what I have to say over and over again now: walking down an urban street with an AR-15 hoping to get a cop on film violating your rights is counterproductive. Lots of other people on this forum agree with me. You are welcome to disagree. We all have our own thoughts and free will to do what we wish.

Use your rights, fight for your rights, but be SMART about it. That's all. Thank you and goodnight.

So you were against the state capitol campus open carry rallies where hundreds to thousands of us open carried long guns?

Wow did it really take you guys just over a year to think of a good come back or are you just bored?

So.... My understanding is that if you are charged with a crime (not convicted but charged) that can result in a jail term of one year or more you are prohibited from owning a firearm.

If you are out on bond, you are also prohibited from owning a firearm.

So if you are an open carry advocate who is erroneously charged, before the charges are dropped you are federally prohibited from being in possession of a firearm. You would also lose your CCW or CPL

Is this correct?

So.... My understanding is that if you are charged with a crime (not convicted but charged) that can result in a jail term of one year or more you are prohibited from owning a firearm.

If you are out on bond, you are also prohibited from owning a firearm.

So if you are an open carry advocate who is erroneously charged, before the charges are dropped you are federally prohibited from being in possession of a firearm. You would also lose your CCW or CPL

Is this correct?

In Tennessee a handgun permit can be suspended by the judge. I was never prohibited from possessing firearms, but I could not buy one from a dealer because under TN law any charge which has a penalty of over 1 yr. you will not pass the background check. I was lucky to be able to have a low bond, otherwise I would have been in jail for over a year. My employer basically fired me because of the charge and I have been unemployed for 13 months and had to file bankruptcy. That resulted in the loss of my car and the bankruptcy trustee is now selling my house.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top