JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Based on the update to the story looks like he had his paperwork, that plus the search without probable cause I wonder if he could sue

Is wearing body armor a crime in the location where he was arrested? Just wondering, I know it is in some places...

In some places, if you know you are dealing with the police, it's probably common sense...

Wearing body armor and not cooperating with police? This guy has been arrested several times on gun related charges, kinda makes you wonder whose side he is on....

Please explain more thoroughly... Ive worn body armor and not cooperated with police, why would I? I didnt do anything wrong. Ive been arrested in another state on gun related charges, didnt cooperate with police, got arrested, still didnt do anything wrong. Whos side am I on???

Wearing body armor and not cooperating with police? This guy has been arrested several times on gun related charges, kinda makes you wonder whose side he is on....

As long as he stays within the law, he is absolutely on our side. Every arrest he takes, he takes for every person that legally carries. Every dollar he wins in a 42 USC 1983 civil suit from every jurisdiction that does not recognize the 2A for what it is, he does to make it easier for every person that crosses or resides in that jurisdiction.

Is wearing body armor a crime in the location where he was arrested?

Is wearing body armor a crime? If so where? The only people I know its a crime for is felons. Ballistic clothing, backpacks, etc. are everywhere. Not illegal....

Quick search answered my questions, perfectly legal. Connecticut prohibits internet sales to civilians. Thats what I found in 4.5 min...

This guy is totally out of control! Yes it is his right to carry, have the suppressor and and all that and I'm all for all of that but, I have to take the cops side on this one like he said " I am in fear of my life" these guys lay their life on the line every day the go to work period! All he had to do is answer a couple of questions and I'm sure they would have let him go on his merry way. And HERMANNR - then if they went beyond that yes he should sue, but you have to put yourself in the cops shoes there's no way in hell in today's society would I ever allow anyone walk down the road in body armor and a rifle or shot gun and not do or say something and I'm a hard core 2 amend. believer. Its not like when I was 16 yrs old walking thru are town at 2 am in the morning with a couple of hounds a 22. and the police stop us and ask if we did any good.

This guy is totally out of control! Yes it is his right to carry, have the suppressor and and all that and I'm all for all of that but, I have to take the cops side on this one like he said " I am in fear of my life" these guys lay their life on the line every day the go to work period! All he had to do is answer a couple of questions and I'm sure they would have let him go on his merry way. And HERMANNR - then if they went beyond that yes he should sue, but you have to put yourself in the cops shoes there's no way in hell in today's society would I ever allow anyone walk down the road in body armor and a rifle or shot gun and not do or say something and I'm a hard core 2 amend. believer. Its not like when I was 16 yrs old walking thru are town at 2 am in the morning with a couple of hounds a 22. and the police stop us and ask if we did any good.

So you would be one to call 911 when someone was LEGALLY open carrying???? Are you in fear of your life when you see that? Just because you think it goes against the norm? The rifle was boxed and locked, no reason to "suspect". What if he played bass and these dicks arrested some dude with a guitar? Better safe than sorry right? Dont wanna hurt anyones feelings...... Call the cops for LEGAL things. I really hope people start to take the approach of another thread where dude gets council and sends letter to said bubblegum..... Im gonna start doing the same. Sue the people who press false charges against you, thats the only way to get it to stop/ under some control...UGGGGHHHHH!!!!

I have to take the cops side on this one like he said " I am in fear of my life" these guys lay their life on the line every day the go to work period! All he had to do is answer a couple of questions and I'm sure they would have let him go on his merry way.

Whats he in fear of his life of/for???? Answer a couple questions??? ILL LET YOU GO!!! Seriously? You need some schooling.....Like this : Dont Talk to Police - YouTube

I suggest you watch the entire video from beginning to end. Then watch it again while taking notes. Then watch it again. Then watch it again for fun after youve learned something. DONT TALK T......Oh youll get the point. (hopefully)(ranting over) Im done!

NO I'M not in FEAR of my life. I open carry all the time and I also conceal and carry since I have a permit to do so. But you're not looking at it from there eyes they make like 28.00 hr only a few more than I do and I'm a truck driver there's no way you could pay me that kind of money to lay down my life every day for, I respect them for that!
Then you have to listen to the video and here what the cop is saying it sounded like he had a shotgun in the open because the officer stated repeatedly " is that shotgun loaded " and since when do you have a suppressor on a shotgun, personnely I have never heard of it, but then again I personeally don't have any experience with suppressors yet. All I was saying is if your a law biding citizen what does it hurt to answer a couple of questions and be done with it and on your merry way, but when your on the defences from the first words out of your mouth are " I take the fifth amend and I want a lawyer" what choice can a rational thinking person have what is this person up to he was asked " do you have a lawyer I can call and find out if that gun is loaded". In my opinion he was treated like he should have been a criminal because he was acting like he had something to hide!
But remember its only my opinion we all have one.
Thanks for reading mine
Stacy

Too bad cops aren't allowed to "Profile." Wearing body armor, carrying a rifle/shotgun case, and handing out 2nd Amendment leaflets. Knows his rights and uses them when contacted. Is this person a threat to the police? NOT!!!! It only takes half a brain to figure that out.

My guess is that someone in (local) power decided to run him off, and escalated when he stood his ground.

It may be expensive for the taxpayers, who won't figure out that the clown cost them a lot of money, and they will reelect the loser. :rolleyes:

He was within his right not to show his tax forms (BATFE stamps) to LE and the cops incorrectly/illegally took him into custody/arrest over it (if I read it right). The law says they are to be in his possession, but only a BATFE officer can demand he present them.

So I spent the last 48:40 watching that video and I have to agree incertion circumestances yes you dont talk to the police no matter what, I had a instance during my divorce I did just that and I also had a lawyers # number when the police asked and they said no way was I going to say a thing. With that said its all about disgretion and if your'e purposely walking down the road trying to provoke the police. That guy got what he deserved. In my opinion.
BUT REMEMBER ITS ONLY MY OPINION WE ALL HAVE ONE!
Thanks for reading mine
Stacy
PS Im done with this conversation remember its only a opinion!

I look at stuff like this, reminds me of the Yahoos who decided during the rally to go strap some Ak's and go strolling in the capital.

Legal Yes, Stupid move when everyone is watching..........yea. Prozanski the next day was writing legislation and specifically target the people who
sat on their brains too long and pulled the stunt.

I can drive by the police and flip a bird, how well do you think that will go in anytown USA? Is it legal yep. Is it smart NOPE!

We had a huge 5,000 person rally at Olympia early this year and at least half of us open carried, me included with crosstrapped AR15 and a PTR 91.. no problems, it sent a strong message

NO I'M not in FEAR of my life. I open carry all the time and I also conceal and carry since I have a permit to do so. But you're not looking at it from there eyes they make like 28.00 hr only a few more than I do and I'm a truck driver there's no way you could pay me that kind of money to lay down my life every day for, I respect them for that!
Then you have to listen to the video and here what the cop is saying it sounded like he had a shotgun in the open because the officer stated repeatedly " is that shotgun loaded " and since when do you have a suppressor on a shotgun, personnely I have never heard of it, but then again I personeally don't have any experience with suppressors yet. All I was saying is if your a law biding citizen what does it hurt to answer a couple of questions and be done with it and on your merry way, but when your on the defences from the first words out of your mouth are " I take the fifth amend and I want a lawyer" what choice can a rational thinking person have what is this person up to he was asked " do you have a lawyer I can call and find out if that gun is loaded". In my opinion he was treated like he should have been a criminal because he was acting like he had something to hide!
But remember its only my opinion we all have one.
Thanks for reading mine
Stacy

You seem to have no clue as to basic natural rights

To add to my earlier post, recently I had a conversation with a Sheriff's Deputy in which he told me that 2A activists are active in Washington and Oregon trying to entice LE to arrest them with the intent to sue the government involved. The local LE are well briefed on how to handle these encounters.

Arrests of 2A activists are unnecessary and disruptive. They cost both sides money that would be better spent on more productive activities. They are the result of alarm by persons who don't understand the law and activists who grandstand by causing that alarm.

Unfortunately, these incidents play into the hands of the anti-2A crowd, who publicize the arrest but not the dismissal of charges or acquittal.

I'm not too sure just what purpose a "silencer" will have on a rifle that spits out 3000fps bullets. Maybe suppress the muzzle blast somewhat, but not much in the way of a silencer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top