JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All these rioters get right up on a person often without touching but inches away while advancing on the person -- this is a real violation of personal space even without going to a COVID crutch. It's not a normal interaction. I'm in favor of defining this sort of behavior as assault. A person can say anything he or she needs to from an arm's length away -- there's never any reason to get right up into someone's face like that.

Last Edited:
Yet, it happens on a daily basis...

All these rioters get right up on a person often without touching but inches away while advancing on the person -- this is a real violation of personal space even without going to a COVID crutch. It's not a normal interaction. I'm in favor of defining this sort of behavior as assault. A person can say anything he or she needs to from an arm's length away -- there's never any reason to get right up into someone's face like that.

Assault
At Common Law, an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in either criminal or civil liability. Generally, the common law definition is the same in criminal and Tort Law. There is, however, an additional Criminal Law category of assault consisting of an attempted but unsuccessful Battery.

Statutory definitions of assault in the various jurisdictions throughout the United States are not substantially different from the common-law definition.

Elements
Generally, the essential elements of assault consist of an act intended to cause an apprehension of harmful or offensive contact that causes apprehension of such contact in the victim.

The act required for an assault must be overt. Although words alone are insufficient, they might create an assault when coupled with some action that indicates the ability to carry out the threat. A mere threat to harm is not an assault; however, a threat combined with a raised fist might be sufficient if it causes a reasonable apprehension of harm in the victim.Intent is an essential element of assault. In tort law, it can be specific intent—if the assailant intends to cause the apprehension of harmful or offensive contact in the victim—or general intent—if he or she intends to do the act that causes such apprehension. In addition, the intent element is satisfied if it is substantially certain, to a reasonable person, that the act will cause the result. A defendant who holds a gun to a victim's head possesses the requisite intent, since it is substantially certain that this act will produce an apprehension in the victim. In all cases, intent to kill or harm is irrelevant.

Physical contact is not required by definition to constitute an assault but you won't hear that on the Marxist Mafia controlled media!

Last Edited:
Has gotten really stupid out there!

If there is an argument to defund police, it is video like that. Those cops should have gone over, stood next to that guy, and pointed their guns at the thugs! Arresting him is absolute bullshi+. People have a right to defend themselves. I'm not anti-police but I'm sick of criminal thugs getting a slap on the wrist and good people being arrested for defending themselves.

Oregon doesn't have a battery charge. Compared to most other state's statutes, in Oregon's menacing is similar to others assault, and Oregon's assault is the same as others battery.

This.... ask me how I know, (years ago) after catching a dude breaking into my house and I wound up breaking his back (and almost his neck) for his troubles. o_O

BTW- The charges against me were dismissed. ;)

Don't assume that in a confrontation that you are facing an untrained "snowflake".

You have seen this video of the men being beaten and roughed up by AntiFa in Portland a few days/weeks ago
\

Here is the interview. These guys were all experienced and trained vets and a few of them were in town considering joining the PPD. They were also all armed. During the incident they showed great restraint. The tactics used against them started with a surprise combination of pepper spray and powerful disorienting strobe lights.

"Very basic background. My friend is a prior service 1st LAR 0311, 0351. (from Wiki: 1st Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion is a fast and mobilized armored terrestrial reconnaissance battalion of the United States Marine Corps.) Multiple tours in the early to late 2000s, then DoE, then was put through selection and went to work for Colonel G____ as a team member. Since leaving, he has been doing contract work.​
He is an experienced and capable meat eater and the furthest thing from a pussy or coward. Try to learn from his experiences.​
"Me and three of my buddies were in Portland this weekend, got attacked by Antifa. There's a Twitter video with millions of views on it. They ended up on Hannity and Tucker Carlson, Ben Shapiro etc., of us getting beaten with bats and rocks the size of cantaloupes thrown at us, getting spit on etc. We were all carrying pistols as well. Opportunity, ability and jeopardy, we were in a deadly force situation and we could easily articulate the use of deadly force, but they had pepper sprayed us. They were using industrial strobe lights on us, etc. We couldn't PID our target and what lied beyond it, They did a great job of taking our situational awareness away, it was bubbleguming incredible.
Bro my perspective on this changed so much. ..." more at link​

The guy with the baseball bat needs to get shot for that. The level of restraint shown by the bald-headed dude was beyond saintly.
I don't know if I could've held it in like he did, given the treatment he received at the hands of the goon squad.

The guy with the baseball bat needs to get shot for that. The level of restraint shown by the bald-headed dude was beyond saintly.
I don't know if I could've held it in like he did, given the treatment he received at the hands of the goon squad.

I'm absolutely certain my self restraint would have failed very early on, but at least I have a good excuse... I'm old and my BS Tolerance Meter that used to max out at 10 now maxes out at 1.

I'm absolutely certain my self restraint would have failed very early on, but at least I have a good excuse... I'm old and my BS Tolerance Meter that used to max out at 10 now maxes out at 1.
I'm right there with ya! My BS Tolerance Meter is graduated in tenths, too... :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top