JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Being centered on the preservation of the 2nd Amendment with likeminded individuals in the Northwest, I would find it difficult to have both voted for one of the most anti 2nd Amendment presidents ever, and still bear the NWFA standard.

I can understand how people were deceived by Obama in 2008, but Joe Biden has been extremely clear that he is coming after the 2nd Amendment, and will leverage all assets at his disposal to do so. Are you at all surprised that he is following through on his promises? We have only the split Senate to thank for there not already being another AWB.

If you are happy about who you voted for, then that's your right; more power to you. However, in the context of this forum and it's express purpose, it is baffling to say the least.
No one voted FOR Joe Biden. They voted against the other guy. Its telling that they were willing to vote for a racist has been 70's union boss dinosaur gun control backing hair sniffing joke just to get that human train wreck out of office. I held my nose and voted for Trump this time . It was the worse thing I have ever done in my life. I wont do it again. Dont run him again.

Maybe all those that voted for Biden and own semi-automatic rifles should live their principled decision and turn in their semi-automatic rifles. At least then they wouldn't be a hypocrite trying to play on both sides of the line of freedom and failing on each side.

Was this bill introduced by the president?

No

Then why does it matter who @JRuby or anyone else voted for president. Both main candidates were bubblegum, and anyone in Oregon or Washington that voted for Trump, guess what your vote went for Biden anyways.

If we want to keep our rights we need to fight for them instead of fighting amongst ourselves.

No

Then why does it matter who @JRuby or anyone else voted for president. Both main candidates were bubblegum, and anyone in Oregon or Washington that voted for Trump, guess what your vote went for Biden anyways.

If we want to keep our rights we need to fight for them instead of fighting amongst ourselves.

How can I tell an everytown anti gun zealot from a gun owner that votes the same way?

What is the difference?

One writes their representatives opposed to the legislation. The other in favor. Not everybody is a single issue voter.

Little secret, they don't GAF if they have the votes. Withholding votes is the only influence we have over them.

And since this is a gun forum, you can understand the frustration towards those who aren't single issue gun rights voters. If I was on a racing forum, I wouldn't be surprised if I was met with some hostility if I was like ' I enjoy racing, but I support those trying to shut it down". And racing isn't an enumerated right.

No

No but the bill was introduced by his party and if I am not mistaken he is the defacto leader of that party. Has Joe come out and said he is not in support of the bill or is pro gun? Or is he doing things like nomination of man utters for ATF director show he is indeed an anti? When the highest politician in the land wages war on firearms and firearms owners you can bet you are going to get called out on your vote on this or any other gun forum.

Last Edited:
One writes their representatives opposed to the legislation. The other in favor. Not everybody is a single issue voter.
So, trying to be somewhat "excellent to each other," while still believing Biden is an idiot and those who voted for him, misguided at best and anti-American at worst.

What were some of the opinions of reasons that Biden was clearly the better candidate for, that in totality, was worth his stance on guns?

Interviewer: What would you say to people who claim you want to take their guns?

Biden: Bingo, the fact of the matter is they should be illegal (semi automatics) and don't belong on American streets. Nobody needs these weapons of war….

So, trying to be somewhat "excellent to each other," while still believing Biden is an idiot and those who voted for him, misguided at best and anti-American at worst.

What were some of the opinions of reasons that Biden was clearly the better candidate for, that in totality, was worth his stance on guns?

Interviewer: What would you say to people who claim you want to take their guns?

Biden: Bingo, the fact of the matter is they should be illegal (semi automatics) and don't belong on American streets. Nobody needs these weapons of war….
LGBTQ+ support, the recent reddit dust up has shown how this community is viewed at least from the outside. Telling someone that who they are isn't valid isn't going to win you votes.

Decriminalization of a plant whose criminalization, like gun control, is rooted in racism.

I'm not saying Biden is a good choice but between him and Trump on those issues he was the least bad. I didn't vote for either of those bubblegums. Both parties are different sides of the same authoritarian coin. Just different flavors.

Maybe all those that voted for Biden and own semi-automatic rifles should live their principled decision and turn in their semi-automatic rifles. At least then they wouldn't be a hypocrite trying to play on both sides of the line of freedom and failing on each side.
Screw Biden's gun control policies. Let's get that out of the way.

Yet...

The last guy took away Molot VEPRs and Bumpstocks(opening the door to allow the AFT to consider/justify having the power to redefine machine-guns and ban other firearm accessories such as braces, FRTs etc. w/out an act of congress).

So, don't come all righteous pointing at the hypocrisy of others.

Screw Hillary Clinton's gun control stance. Let's get that out of the way.

Those that voted for Cheetoh Mussolini under the guise of him looking out for them got tossed wooden nickels from the grifter-and-chief.

LGBTQ+ support, the recent reddit dust up has shown how this community is viewed at least from the outside. Telling someone that who they are isn't valid isn't going to win you votes.

Decriminalization of a plant whose criminalization, like gun control, is rooted in racism.

I'm not saying Biden is a good choice but between him and Trump on those issues he was the least bad. I didn't vote for either of those bubblegums. Both parties are different sides of the same authoritarian coin. Just different flavors.
That's an interesting thought.

Toward that end, should American tax payers be responsible for gender reassignment surgery for people suffering gender dysphoria? I would say most definitely not, just like they shouldn't be responsible for elective cosmetic surgery.

Also, what is complicated about gender? A man who cuts off his penis and has a fake vagina and boobs sewn onto himself is still just a dude who cut off his penis, he can never be a woman, and yet that has become difficult to comprehend for a lot of people recently.

Since only women can give birth, why are government officials starting to refer to women as "birthing people," isn't placating mental illness ultimately harmful rather than helpful?

Screw Biden's gun control policies. Let's get that out of the way.

Yet...

The last guy took away Molot VEPRs and Bumpstocks(opening the door to allow the AFT to consider/justify having the power to redefine machine-guns and ban other firearm accessories such as braces, FRTs etc. w/out an act of congress).

So, don't come all righteous pointing at the hypocrisy of others.

Screw Hillary Clinton's gun control stance. Let's get that out of the way.

Those that voted for Cheetoh Mussolini under the guise of him looking out for them got tossed wooden nickels from the grifter-and-chief.
Pardon me when I get all righteous when Biden vocally pushes for banning of all semi automatic rifles. Trump wasn't perfect, but that was a very clear distinction. I'll continue getting all high and mighty without hesitation. For as much as Trump was referred to as a dictator, where's the beef (as in actual facts) so far Biden has lived up to that title better.

Pardon me when I get all righteous when Biden vocally pushes for banning of all semi automatic rifles. Trump wasn't perfect, but that was a very clear distinction. I'll continue getting all high and mighty without hesitation. For as much as Trump was referred to as a dictator, where's the beef (as in actual facts) so far Biden has lived up to that title better.
If Trump was as bad as they say he was, and don't get me wrong I'm no fan in a lot of ways, there would BE no them. A REAL fascist would have rolled out Federal troops into SEA/PDX/MPLS and rounded all the "Summer of Love" CHAZholes up to ship off to gulags.

Sorta like how if we gun owners were as violent and dangerous as gun grabbers SAY we are, there would BE no gun grabbers anymore...

Trump was the first president in history to take office with a pro-gay marriage stance. Not sure what more you want out of the guy... or anybody else for that matter.

Legalized weed on the federal level is beyond POTUS' authority.

Imagine that... just like the LGBTQ support you mentioned and, not incidentally, 90% of the stupid questions and issues put up during a presidential election; abortion, SCOTUS decisions, legislative action undertaken by congress, etc.

E Warren promised to host trans people in the rose garden every month. Does that make her a champion of rights, or a blatantly pandering simp attempting to out-woke the other pandering simps begging for votes?

Joe can't make anything illegal, but a friendly congress will follow his agenda and when he says he wants guns outlawed, they're free to propose the types of things they're currently proposing secure in the knowledge of his full support. The end-runs around the legislative process (as with bumpstocks and DACA) are indicative of loser issues with little-to-no public support.

I'm not saying you should have voted Trump... you do you. The R party has been moving towards libertarianism recently as the Ds have entered the realm of authoritarianism. Having lost the economic argument in the 80s, they shifted their centuries-old class warfare platform to identity politics. Neither party has a handle on fiscal issues which, IMO centers 100% on spending; tax cuts do NOT cause deficits (Ds say the opposite. It's been said in this very thread)
When the big-L libertarians field a reasonable candidate I'll reconsider. But at this point l don't see an upside to throwing a vote at a Green or Libertarian... they all seem nuts.

Last Edited:
I assume by this response you have written our representatives in support of the 2A. Do you sincerely believe that it accomplishes anything to write to Kurt Schrader, Ron Wyden, or Jeff Merkley in support of 2A rights? If you have done so, what sort of response did you receive? Do you think that any of these 3 will really alienate the majority of their base by breaking with the party line on 2A issues?

You're preaching to the choir, despite my stance as Devil's advocate. I don't like either guy TBH. Our two-party system is rotten to the core, and it largely forces tribalism and one-issue voters.

I also believe that Americans have much more in common with each other than those on either far-end of the political spectrum that would prefer to create wedges and divide.

I do know that the country needs more pro-2A Democrats and Non-Affiliated voters, if there is any hope of our fundamental inalienable right to bear arms to be preserved. There are more registered Democrats than there are Republicans in this country. It is an empirical fact.

As crime keeps rising in Democrat strongholds, I am often reminded of the "Hard times-->Hard men/Weak times-->Weak men" saying. Akin to "A converted conservative is often simply a liberal that's been mugged".

With that stated, I feel it necessary to welcome as many as possible into the 2A fold, despite whatever other political stances that they may have about social issues. IE. More soccer moms, SEIU members, ANA members et. al. that can understand the difference between 'gun-violence' and 'gang violence'.

Aging "Peace, Love and Microdot" Boomers that understand that the 'travelers' of our day aren't a bunch of middle-class college kids looking to create a utopia living on communes and growing organic food. The modern 'travelers' are Meth-Zombie criminals that aren't deserving of empathy nor tolerance and not enabled to be a scourge on society.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top