JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Believe I understand the federal rule but wasn't sure if there were WA specifics and wasn't finding any answers on Google.

If a semi auto shotgun with a 18.5" barrel has a non-collapsible/telescoping stock it is legal to have a vertical foregrip, correct?

Currently (to my knowledge) there is no law prohibiting VFGs on shotguns in WA. In a few days that might change (thanks to HB1240), depending on the type of shotgun you have.

It's a Benelli M4 with the full stock, not the mil collapsible. Think it's ok so far.
Why would collapsible stock make any difference? Overall length is measured with stock extended unless there is some obscure shotgun specific reg I'm not aware of (assuming 26" oal and you already said barrel is 18.5").

Why would collapsible stock make any difference? Overall length is measured with stock extended unless there is some obscure shotgun specific reg I'm not aware of (assuming 26" oal and you already said barrel is 18.5").
Penal Code 12276.1

(a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

(6) A semi-automatic shotgun that has both of the following:

(A) A folding/telescoping stock.

(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the weapon's action, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.

Penal Code 12276.1

(a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

(6) A semi-automatic shotgun that has both of the following:

(A) A folding/telescoping stock.

(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the weapon's action, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
That must be some state law? Let me guess, CA? They are the only ones that use that made up term "assault weapon" that I'm aware of (so far).

Yea Cali, just wanted to triple check this wasn't the case here. We are basically trying to surpass Cali so wanted to see.
I would suggest reading details of house bill 1240 which is going to be passed in days or weeks. Much of that is cut and paste from CA as I understand it. I guess if you already own it it's not an issue but would be for grandkids.

They made a minor change to 1240 in the Senate so it has to go back to the House again after it passes the Senate for another vote. WA Gun Law predicts it'll be signed into law on the 17th or 18th.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews