JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The assault weapons ban worked to infringe on the rights of the law abiding citizen. That's all they want.

For the criminals? More laws don't work, and they know that.

Hawaii

I saw a police officer this week, the state threatening to fire her because they ordered her to see a counselor 20 years ago after witnessing a terrible murder. She did not have any mental health issues after that. She has to get a firearm permit like everyone else and has to renew like everyone else. The permit requires access to medical records and Kaiser told the police she had a history of mental health visit.

Her Kaiser physician would not clear her to maintain her firearm permit so the state is threatening to fire her (she is active duty, sworn police officer with a firearm now).

She flew from a different island, rented a car and paid an office visit fee to see me so I could clear her. She literally called every physician on her island to clear her and they all said no. Apparently, I'm the only physician in Hawaii who will do these clearances.

This is what people in this thread want. Government access to your medical records so kaiser can decide if you get to keep your rights and job without due process.
You're doing good work, man.
I find it incredibly odd that Hawaii flat abuses the hippa laws where other states seem to hold them sacred.

You're doing good work, man.
I find it incredibly odd that Hawaii flat abuses the hippa laws where other states seem to hold them sacred.

You sign a form giving them permission to access. You dont have to give them access if you dont want. You just dont get a firearm and you dont get to work as a security guard or in any law enforcement that requires a firearm.

once you sign that form though your physician can report on you at any time.

I called the state firearm division and determined my power. I can report on any patient at any time for any reason that they should not have a firearm and the permit will be revoked. I dont have to give them a reason.
Then the patient needs physician clearance to get the permit back.

This is what you get if you want your rights determined by a physician.

You sign a form giving them permission to access. You dont have to give them access if you dont want. You just dont get a firearm and you dont get to work as a security guard or in any law enforcement that requires a firearm..
It would be only fair to have politicians be required to do the same in order to have access to a pencil.

Hawaii

I saw a police officer this week, the state threatening to fire her because they ordered her to see a counselor 20 years ago after witnessing a terrible murder. She did not have any mental health issues after that. She has to get a firearm permit like everyone else and has to renew like everyone else. The permit requires access to medical records and Kaiser told the police she had a history of mental health visit.

Her Kaiser physician would not clear her to maintain her firearm permit so the state is threatening to fire her (she is active duty, sworn police officer with a firearm now).

She flew from a different island, rented a car and paid an office visit fee to see me so I could clear her. She literally called every physician on her island to clear her and they all said no. Apparently, I'm the only physician in Hawaii who will do these clearances.

This is what people in this thread want. Government access to your medical records so kaiser can decide if you get to keep your rights and job without due process.

Crossing Hawaii off the list of states to live in....

Since Kaiser Medical and Hawaii was brought up.....consider this......

You know how some in the Congress and perhaps even the President are considering expanding BGCs? Yup, they want every transfer/transaction to be subject to a BGC. They say that it's "reasonable and common sense" to have everyone go through a BGC.

Well.....OK, Ok, ok.....if it did pass. Imagine if there is only one gun store in your town (or close by).

Yup, I know of a gun store in Tacoma, WA that has taken a position not to do BGCs on private transfers. (OK, things might have changed). Anyway, that store claims, that their lawyer told them not to participate. The lawyer says that possible liability issues is the reason.

I say B.S. But, whatever. It ain't my business. Luckily for the residents of Tacoma......well, it ain't the only gun store/FFL dealer in town.

But, what if it were the only store in town? Hummmm?

Maybe, you (the seller) will elect to travel out of town to do that simple transfer. And of course the buyer will have to go out of town too.

Or......

Maybe, the store just wants you to sell them all of your firearms. Yeah.....buy it cheap from you and let them mark it up. Then, the buyer will buy it from the store. Now do you see why......some FFLs and the GOVT (collecting taxes) are in support of universal BGC laws?

Thanks a F@#^ing lot.

What do I propose? Well, if a BGC was required.....I'd call in my own sale. And, it better be a FREE check without paperwork. Not to mention.......why a BGC on someone who already owns firearms? And/or has a CCW? The entire BGC scheme sounds more and more like another hindrance on FREEDOM.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Since Kaiser Medical and Hawaii was brought up.....consider this......

You know how some in the Congress and perhaps even the President are considering expanding BGCs? Yup, they want every transfer/transaction to be subject to a BGC. They say that it's "reasonable and common sense" to have everyone go through a BGC.

Well.....OK, Ok, ok.....if it did pass. Imagine if there is only one gun store in your town (or close by).

Yup, I know of a gun store in Tacoma, WA that has taken a position not to do BGCs on private transfers. (OK, things might have changed). Anyway, that store claims, that their lawyer told them not to participate. The lawyer says that possible liability issues is the reason.

I say B.S. But, whatever. It ain't my business. Luckily for the residents of Tacoma......well, it ain't the only gun store/FFL dealer in town.

But, what if it were the only store in town? Hummmm?

Maybe, you (the seller) will elect to travel out of town to do that simple transfer. And of course the buyer will have to go out of town too.

Or......

Maybe, the store just wants you to sell them all of your firearms. Yeah.....buy it cheap from you and let them mark it up. Then, the buyer will buy it from the store. Now do you see why......some FFLs and the GOVT (collecting taxes) are in support of universal BGC laws?

Thanks a F@#^ing lot.

What do I propose? Well, if a BGC was required.....I'd call in my own sale. And, it better be a FREE check without paperwork. Not to mention.......why a BGC on someone who already owns firearms? And/or has a CCW? The entire BGC scheme sounds more and more like another hindrance on FREEDOM.

Aloha, Mark
Easy answer. Making an NICS available to every seller through the Internet. As long as the background check has to get done at an FFL, it's no good.

Last Edited:
Hawaii

Since her agency hired her I say ok, remover her from her job. But, her agenncy must continue to pay her salary including her pension out of their budget. She should be able to sue for her rights back because she hasn't violated any laws. The problem is we aren't forcing lawmakers to prove their claims. I heard today during Trump's speech. Senators are STILL claiming people are buying guns online. Inferring UPS is dropping off AR15s from Amazon to your doorstep.

I heard today during Trump's speech. Senators are STILL claiming people are buying guns online. Inferring UPS is dropping off AR15s from Amazon to your doorstep.

The silence is defending. Where is the "challenge" on the claim.

It's either that the news reporters are asleep or they want to help the anti gun cause to spread lies.

Oh wait.....is it really a lie? One can buy a firearm but, he/she is not allowed to take possession until the FFL clears the buyer. Or maybe they are talking about CMP purchases or antiques?

Stop, stop, stop.......too technical. Let's just go back to the "Other Facts........" Like: 33,000 deaths a year from guns.

And if that fails. "If we could just save one kid. Isn't it worth it?"

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Since her agency hired her I say ok, remover her from her job. But, her agenncy must continue to pay her salary including her pension out of their budget. She should be able to sue for her rights back because she hasn't violated any laws. The problem is we aren't forcing lawmakers to prove their claims. I heard today during Trump's speech. Senators are STILL claiming people are buying guns online. Inferring UPS is dropping off AR15s from Amazon to your doorstep.
The UPS does deliver the ARs you order from Amazon. And these ARs can hold a 100 rounds or more in each magazine.

Oh and they shoot 6mm plastic BBs. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top