JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Paul Ryan made it clear today that restricting legal ownership of firearms or raising the age to own a semi auto is a non starter. Will not be considered. Expect more efficient background checks.

To better access Mental Health Records they'll have to address the HIPPA laws. I believe this is why many Mental Health Clinics won't/can't disclose that info to the FBI. If this is the case, I'd hate to see those that need help shy away from it for fear of loosing their Constitutional Rights.

To better access Mental Health Records they'll have to address the HIPPA laws. I believe this is why many Mental Health Clinics won't/can't disclose that info to the FBI. If this is the case, I'd hate to see those that need help shy away from it for fear of loosing their Constitutional Rights.
Hippa laws are like political correctness, they hide the truth from society and weaken truth telling for all of us endangering us as individuals. The pendulum has to swing back the other direction before more perminent damage is done.

Sure, at the Federal level, but lately it seems like our state leadership here in the PMW kind of just does whatever the hell they feel like :mad:

Sure, at the Federal level, but lately it seems like our state leadership here in the PMW kind of just does whatever the hell they feel like :mad:
So take control.......vote the bad guys out. Not easy or cheep but nothing worthwhile is. Whiners irritate me, you guys have to band together to protect yourselves and your rights. Your Governor really distinguished himself at the meeting with Trump last week. What an idiot...........when dealing with threats, you choose the closest most immediate to deal with first. The current Fed is doing a decent job where they can.....you have to fix your own back yard.

Last Edited:

Obama already started chipping away on HIPPA protections years ago. Anyone who believes their personal medical information is secure from disclosure to the government does need their head examined. Take a liberal, anti-gun or squeamish health provider with an attitude and give them this option...shake well and serve. They are protected from liability for unauthorized disclosure of personal information.
  • To a law enforcement official reasonably able to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of an individual or the public (45 CFR 164.512(j)(1)(i));
505-When does the Privacy Rule allow covered entities to disclose information to law enforcement

Actually we are under more restrictions than HIPPA. HIPPA is one piece, but we are pretty locked down.

Obama already started chipping away on HIPPA protections years ago. Anyone who believes their personal medical information is secure from disclosure to the government does need their head examined. Take a liberal, anti-gun or squeamish health provider with an attitude and give them this option...shake well and serve. They are protected from liability for unauthorized disclosure of personal information.
  • To a law enforcement official reasonably able to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of an individual or the public (45 CFR 164.512(j)(1)(i));
505-When does the Privacy Rule allow covered entities to disclose information to law enforcement
Just FYI, I have had to give this warning a few times. To avoid huge fines we have to document threat and imminent risk. I would say I usually have had a threat to knife a particular individual or choke them in their sleep. They have to pretty much have access to the individual as well. I once had to inform a celebrity that someone was planning to kill/maim them. The plan would have worked too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top