JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You obviously have NO IDEA what patients tell us. It is not stuff you want your law enforcement to know. I often know who was molested, battered, wants to eat people, has desires they successfully have fought for 30 years, and much, much more. I know if you have AIDS, if you considered suicide after the affair, or after the cop in uniform raped you, etc. I am a lock box of many people's secrets as a nurse, and what people tell me, they know I can't tell except under certain circumstances.

That is no tin foil hat stuff. It is a sacred vow. Maybe you are okay with this. It certainly sounds that way. I am not.
You took no sacred vow, the only people that traditionally (pre HIPPA) people that have the obligation to protect criminals are Lawyers and Priests. I am sure at times you feel like a combination of the two while attempting to assist in someone's health care but I don't think the Hippocratic oath covers protecting criminals from prosecution. Particularly when other people's safety is involved. Aren't there laws compelling you to report particular knowledge about things like child molestation and abuse? Seems logical to me.

The problem with "voting the bad guys out" is that if the 2016 election is any indication, both Oregon and Washington states have like-minded gun owners outnumbered by democratic voters. Much as I love the idea of being Brown/Inslee/ Proznaski free, most of us here frankly live in states where we very well may represent the minority.
So go to work to change it. What have you done to help? Not an easy task but 90% of the people on our side complain about it while putting more energy and resources into getting there hair cut.

You took no sacred vow, the only people that traditionally (pre HIPPA) people that have the obligation to protect criminals are Lawyers and Priests. I am sure at times you feel like a combination of the two while attempting to assist in someone's health care but I don't think the Hippocratic oath covers protecting criminals from prosecution. Particularly when other people's safety is involved. Aren't there laws compelling you to report particular knowledge about things like child molestation and abuse? Seems logical to me.
Yes. I should mention that nurses do take an oath. As do pastors. (I am also trained as one of those and have the degree for it.) I am bound by law and my oaths. I am both a nurse and a minister so... yeah. Your point is highly mistaken. Doctors traditionally have to keep secrets as well, because frankly it is needed to keep you alive sometimes. I am a mandatory reporter of child abuse and if someone threatens to kill themselves or someone else, but frankly, it is a high bar, as it should be.

You obviously have NO IDEA what patients tell us. It is not stuff you want your law enforcement to know. I often know who was molested, battered, wants to eat people, has desires they successfully have fought for 30 years, and much, much more. I know if you have AIDS, if you considered suicide after the affair, or after the cop in uniform raped you, etc. I am a lock box of many people's secrets as a nurse, and what people tell me, they know I can't tell except under certain circumstances.

That is no tin foil hat stuff. It is a sacred vow. Maybe you are okay with this. It certainly sounds that way. I am not.
Thank you for the work you do. As a Ex-LEO I'd often deal with folks at their lowest of lows...after awhile it flat wore me out.

So go to work to change it. What have you done to help? Not an easy task but 90% of the people on our side complain about it while putting more energy and resources into getting there hair cut.
So what would you have us lazy, haircut-gettin' fools do? Write letters to various representatives? Check. Sign NRA petitions? Check. Preach the good word of the second amendment to those poor souls in the dark on the subject? Check. I don't think pointing out that the fact that progressive politicians gonna do what progressive politicians gonna do is whining or complaining, it's simply pointing out what is, and has been, happening politically in the Pacific Northwest.

So what would you have us lazy, haircut-gettin' fools do? Write letters to various representatives? Check. Sign NRA petitions? Check. Preach the good word of the second amendment to those poor souls in the dark on the subject? Check. I don't think pointing out that the fact that progressive politicians gonna do what progressive politicians gonna do is whining or complaining, it's simply pointing out what is, and has been, happening politically in the Pacific Northwest.
How about starting by sending at least as much money to the good guys (of your choice) as you spend on beer? My wife and I contributed over 20K last year......then show up when your physical support is needed. Letters and that sort of thing are good but don't carry the weight that cash and attendance do. It shows true motivation.......unlike forwarding a pre-written letter or sighning a petition. There are so many bots on both sides these days it takes more than that to get the attention of both the politicians and opposition. Look at the coverage the drug addicted George Soros supported misfits get. We have to be at least as motivated.

Ask a LIBERAL if they'll support.......

If someone can't pass a gun background check.....then, shouldn't they also be banned from voting or holding public office?

Aloha, Mark

Ask a LIBERAL if they'll support.......

If someone can't pass a gun background check.....then, shouldn't they also be banned from voting or holding public office?

Aloha, Mark
Sounds like an interesting idea........ many people (Felons) that can't pass the background check can't vote either.

Prosecutions for Lying on Gun Background Checks Fall to New Low - Washington Free Beacon
The report shows that, between 2008 and 2015, the FBI denied 556,496 gun purchases following background checks. During that time period, the report shows that only 254 false statements were even considered for prosecution, amounting to a 0.04 percent prosecution rate.
And that is why they aren't deterred from lying. In order for a law to work there has to be a high chance of being caught and detained.

2A/RTKBA purists need to realize that we cant Jail or Imprison all the folks that deserve to be so they must realize that there are folks walking around who do not deserve 2A/RTKBA just as Illegals don't , escaped Prisoners don't, Escaped Mental Patients don't , Enemy Combatants don't , ...

no no no. You dont let police, FBI or ATF or anyone else access your medical records. I'm in a state who does this. You give police full access to your medical record. They require physician clearance to get a firearm permit if you have ever in your entire lifetime seen a mental health provider. The vast majority of the doctors dont want to clear patients no matter what. Kaiser CEO decided for the docs and none are allowed to do one.

People who saw a counselor once in high school because their parents made them because their grades were slipping are getting firearm permits denied 20 years later.

Do you want to take a flight, rent a car and pay an out of pocket visit fee to see the one doc in the state that will clear you? Because that is what people are doing here so I can clear them. I did that just yesterday.

What state is this if you don't mind me asking?

Arm the teachers if you want but make sure the librarians get one of these it is a library after all SHHHHHHHHH PLEASE IMG_2135.jpg

What state is this if you don't mind me asking?

Hawaii

I saw a police officer this week, the state threatening to fire her because they ordered her to see a counselor 20 years ago after witnessing a terrible murder. She did not have any mental health issues after that. She has to get a firearm permit like everyone else and has to renew like everyone else. The permit requires access to medical records and Kaiser told the police she had a history of mental health visit.

Her Kaiser physician would not clear her to maintain her firearm permit so the state is threatening to fire her (she is active duty, sworn police officer with a firearm now).

She flew from a different island, rented a car and paid an office visit fee to see me so I could clear her. She literally called every physician on her island to clear her and they all said no. Apparently, I'm the only physician in Hawaii who will do these clearances.

This is what people in this thread want. Government access to your medical records so kaiser can decide if you get to keep your rights and job without due process.

It's like watching people argue over whether the hair in your soup is auburn or brown...
IT'S A FREAKING HAIR IN YOUR SOUP!

Maybe the issue is the right to refuse assistance once legal maturity has been reached. Seems that's what people are pointing out. Ya know that's when schizophrenia usually develops... maybe those with violent tendencies just shouldn't be allowed to deny mental health assisantance simply because they had a birthday.
I'm in favor of improving the BGC system, so at least that is positive.

It's like watching people argue over whether the hair in your soup is auburn or brown...
IT'S A FREAKING HAIR IN YOUR SOUP!

Maybe the issue is the right to refuse assistance once legal maturity has been reached. Seems that's what people are pointing out. Ya know that's when schizophrenia usually develops... maybe those with violent tendencies just shouldn't be allowed to deny mental health assisantance simply because they had a birthday.
I'm in favor of improving the BGC system, so at least that is positive.
Umm, schizophrenia isn't the main mental health issue and occurs more likely over a fairly long term window. Schizophrenia alone is not indicative of violent behavior. Not at all. It does tend to show up mostly between puberty and early thirties. And... define violent tendencies... That is a whole different kettle of fish. The main predictor of violence is past behavior. So those convicted of violent crimes? Who should already be barred? Without just making up useless parameters I don't see what to do here other than force courts and counties to report what they already are supposed to do and to prosecute lying on the form.

Beer batter?

I guess I'd need to know who was on the menu, I know some real bozos that I'd like to see on a combo plate.

P
Since you bring it up... ...the two who mentioned this wanted raw. And it gets so much more disturbing I am going to drop it here. Let me say though these folks would not pass a bgc and anybody who would sell them a gun would be a disgrace to gun owners everywhere. It was painfully obvious.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top