JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every 4473 form has one extra signature for a HIPPA info waiver ... ( I know I know , even the gungrabbers won't call for these lol:p

no no no. You dont let police, FBI or ATF or anyone else access your medical records. I'm in a state who does this. You give police full access to your medical record. They require physician clearance to get a firearm permit if you have ever in your entire lifetime seen a mental health provider. The vast majority of the doctors dont want to clear patients no matter what. Kaiser CEO decided for the docs and none are allowed to do one.

People who saw a counselor once in high school because their parents made them because their grades were slipping are getting firearm permits denied 20 years later.

Do you want to take a flight, rent a car and pay an out of pocket visit fee to see the one doc in the state that will clear you? Because that is what people are doing here so I can clear them. I did that just yesterday.

Hippa laws are like political correctness, they hide the truth from society and weaken truth telling for all of us endangering us as individuals. The pendulum has to swing back the other direction before more perminent damage is done.

HIPAA started (for one reason) because a cancer clinic sold private medical records to a drug company that started to market and directly call patients to try and get them started on antidepressants.

Its of course an overall terrible law because the government made it, but medical records should not be sold to drug companies (or anyone else for that matter)

no no no. You dont let police, FBI or ATF or anyone else access your medical records. I'm in a state who does this. You give police full access to your medical record. They require physician clearance to get a firearm permit if you have ever in your entire lifetime seen a mental health provider. The vast majority of the doctors dont want to clear patients no matter what. Kaiser CEO decided for the docs and none are allowed to do one.

People who saw a counselor once in high school because their parents made them because their grades were slipping are getting firearm permits denied 20 years later.

Do you want to take a flight, rent a car and pay an out of pocket visit fee to see the one doc in the state that will clear you? Because that is what people are doing here so I can clear them. I did that just yesterday.
So........you are in favor of hiding the truth about the Florida shooter to the authorities? That worked well.

HIPAA started (for one reason) because a cancer clinic sold private medical records to a drug company that started to market and directly call patients to try and get them started on antidepressants.

Its of course an overall terrible law because the government made it, but medical records should not be sold to drug companies (or anyone else for that matter)
Hippa was passed to protect miscreants like Bill Clinton (sinus damage from cocain use) or Obama's drug use from general knowledge. They can always find some less obnoxious reason to pass a law to protect the real targets.

So........you are in favor of hiding the truth about the Florida shooter to the authorities? That worked well.
The problem with the Florida shooter is that despite all the times police were called for him nothing was done. No arrests, no court action to give him a court order to go to a mental institution (this is not protected by HIPAA and does disqualify you from owning a gun).

Just FYI, I have had to give this warning a few times. To avoid huge fines we have to document threat and imminent risk. I would say I usually have had a threat to knife a particular individual or choke them in their sleep. They have to pretty much have access to the individual as well. I once had to inform a celebrity that someone was planning to kill/maim them. The plan would have worked too.

I was hoping you were lurking in the shadows.....It's all about the attitude of the person / provider who drafts the records.

You mean the florida shooter that was visited by the police 38 times and the FBI had a tip about him? Do you think it would helped if they had his life story and a live camera in his house?

If you doctor asks if you are a gun owner and you say yes and your doctor gives that information to the police, ATF, FBI, etc, are you ok with that? What if they use that information (like the are currently doing in california) to come search your house to make sure you dont have illegal guns in your house?

I've said this many times. There are patients with obvious mental health issues that would be dangerous with a gun. But I cant magically tell if someone is going to go kill a bunch of people. We dont have truth serums or lie detector tests to tell.

If you want to give up your privacy and safety so the government can spy on you some more, then head over to your doctors office, get a copy of your records and send them to the ATF with a little note that you are a gun owner. What? you got nothing to hide right?

You mean the florida shooter that was visited by the police 38 times and the FBI had a tip about him? Do you think it would helped if they had his life story and a live camera in his house?

If you doctor asks if you are a gun owner and you say yes and your doctor gives that information to the police, ATF, FBI, etc, are you ok with that? What if they use that information (like the are currently doing in california) to come search your house to make sure you dont have illegal guns in your house?

I've said this many times. There are patients with obvious mental health issues that would be dangerous with a gun. But I cant magically tell if someone is going to go kill a bunch of people. We dont have truth serums or lie detector tests to tell.

If you want to give up your privacy and safety so the government can spy on you some more, then head over to your doctors office, get a copy of your records and send them to the ATF with a little note that you are a gun owner. What? you got nothing to hide right?
The law is very definitive about who should and should not own a gun. I have no issue with the laws being enforced, like immigration, drug or any others. There are (or were) laws that were bad and should be repealed but that happens with some regularity. All laws should be enforced, it is the selective nature of enforcement that gets us in trouble. If the laws were enforced there would have been far fewer school shootings without infringing on the general public's 2nd amendment rights. Like the fellow that was hit in the head by a cup of noodles by some homeless piece of trash, if vagerency, drug, decency and trespassing laws would have been enforced......it wouldn't have happened. I believe strict enforcement of laws makes for a better safer society. I am not so worried about my own sanity to be concerned about loosing my gun rights. The FBI and anyone else that want to know have full knowledge of what I own and how I use it. That won't change with the elimination of any HIPPA related law. It only shields druggies and crazy people for no good reason.

Last Edited:
The law is very definitive about who should and should not own a gun. I have no issue with the laws being enforced, like immigration, drug or any others. There are (or were) laws that were bad and should be repealed but that happens with some regularity. All laws should be enforced, it is the selective nature of enforcement that gets us in trouble. If the laws were enforced there would have been far fewer school shootings without infringing on the general public's 2nd amendment rights. Like the fellow that was hit in the head by a cup of noodles by some homeless piece of trash, if vagerency, drug, decency and trespassing laws would have been enforced......it wouldn't have happened. I believe strict enforcement of laws makes for a better safer society. I am not so worried about my own sanity to be concerned about loosing my gun rights. The FBI and anyone else that want to know have full knowledge of what I own and how I use it. That won't change with the elimination of any HIPPA related law. It only shields druggies and crazy people for no good reason.

4473 form mental health disqualifier is referring to someone with mental health issues that was held against their will because of safety concerns, confirmed by 2 physicians and then had a judge decide on the case within 48 hours.

To get that information to the NICS, it is already documented in the court system. All it requires is the courts to do their job and submit the information. It does not require looking at medical records.

If you are asking that we should all give up privacy of our conversations with our physicians so that we can get information that the state and federal courts should already be giving to the FBI, then you have much more trust that the information wont be used improperly.

The FBI and anyone else that want to know have full knowledge of what I own and how I use it.

Good luck with that. Im sure when they make one of your firearms illegal in a future law you will happily let them search your house and confiscate it. I'm sure they wont just take everything and destroy it by 'accident'

You sure you are not Russian? Do you really have that much trust that the government is doing a good job? NSA spying? IRS targeting? Election manipulation? Using tax dollars to pay of sexual abuse victims? All these things give you great confidence that your government works for you and will never do anything corrupt or inept?

4473 form mental health disqualifier is referring to someone with mental health issues that was held against their will because of safety concerns, confirmed by 2 physicians and then had a judge decide on the case within 48 hours.

To get that information to the NICS, it is already documented in the court system. All it requires is the courts to do their job and submit the information. It does not require looking at medical records.

If you are asking that we should all give up privacy of our conversations with our physicians so that we can get information that the state and federal courts should already be giving to the FBI, then you have much more trust that the information wont be used improperly.

Good luck with that. Im sure when they make one of your firearms illegal in a future law you will happily let them search your house and confiscate it. I'm sure they wont just take everything and destroy it by 'accident'

You sure you are not Russian? Do you really have that much trust that the government is doing a good job? NSA spying? IRS targeting? Election manipulation? Using tax dollars to pay of sexual abuse victims? All these things give you great confidence that your government works for you and will never do anything corrupt or inept?
I don't wear a tin foil hat like you obviously do.......and having worked with many of those agencies, I find most of the evil concentrated at the top in political appointments and derrected selective enforcement. My Sheriff is frequently at my dining table usually for coffee. I know him well and have no fear of him or anyone else. If something is going on that I don't care for, we talk about it.....99% of the time he is on the same page. I am sorry that you have been so oppressed.

Which they frankly are not doing. I have spoken to some of the folks who should be doing this. There is no penalty for not doing it, they feel swamped, so they don't generally. That is what they tell me at least.

Which they frankly are not doing. I have spoken to some of the folks who should be doing this. There is no penalty for not doing it, they feel swamped, so they don't generally. That is what they tell me at least.
Like the 18 states that don't report any disqualified persons to the data base. Another perfect example of selective law enforcement. Those laws are soon to change with the new emphasis on background checks.

So take control.......vote the bad guys out. Not easy or cheep but nothing worthwhile is. Whiners irritate me, you guys have to band together to protect yourselves and your rights. Your Governor really distinguished himself at the meeting with Trump last week. What an idiot...........when dealing with threats, you choose the closest most immediate to deal with first. The current Fed is doing a decent job where they can.....you have to fix your own back yard.
The problem with "voting the bad guys out" is that if the 2016 election is any indication, both Oregon and Washington states have like-minded gun owners outnumbered by democratic voters. Much as I love the idea of being Brown/Inslee/ Proznaski free, most of us here frankly live in states where we very well may represent the minority.

I don't wear a tin foil hat like you obviously do.......and having worked with many of those agencies, I find most of the evil concentrated at the top in political appointments and derrected selective enforcement. My Sheriff is frequently at my dining table usually for coffee. I know him well and have no fear of him or anyone else. If something is going on that I don't care for, we talk about it.....99% of the time he is on the same page. I am sorry that you have been so oppressed.
You obviously have NO IDEA what patients tell us. It is not stuff you want your law enforcement to know. I often know who was molested, battered, wants to eat people, has desires they successfully have fought for 30 years, and much, much more. I know if you have AIDS, if you considered suicide after the affair, or after the cop in uniform raped you, etc. I am a lock box of many people's secrets as a nurse, and what people tell me, they know I can't tell except under certain circumstances.

That is no tin foil hat stuff. It is a sacred vow. Maybe you are okay with this. It certainly sounds that way. I am not.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews