JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have had warrants for my arrest twice. Both were stupid.

1) I dropped my wallet while working a janitorial job in the asphalt plant boss's office. Said boss called the cops, to report a break in with nothing stolen. I call later that day to ask if anyone had seen my missing wallet. I am informed it has been turned over to the cops, and that there is a warrant for my arrest. I end up retrieving my wallet from the police station with all complaints dropped after I have my janitorial boss and the asphalt company call to make sure that yes, I had a reason to be there.

2) I had a car registered in NC when the engine blew up in CA while visiting. I junked the car, unaware that NC plates had to be returned. Deputies arrived at my grandfather's place where I had been living with a warrant. A few phone calls and receipt from the salvage yard cleared that one up.

Will this cause any red flags on NFA purchases? I have never had issues buying guns, but just concerned if this could cause any snags with either the Utah CCW or the purchase of NFA items.

The NFA rules are pretty clear, if you are able to pass a background check to buy a firearm, you are able to pass a background check to buy an NFA item.

Not in Oregon they're not. I have 7 stamps and a concealed carry permit, but when the OSP deleted my records (they do this every 4 years & 8 months) for a 1980 class B conviction in got in Utah, they started to delay my firearm purchases.
I expunged my record and that put a permanent stop to the OSP messing with me.

You still have to pass an Oregon BGC to pick up your NFA item when it arrives at your FFL.
The Feds may approve you, but the OSP can and will delay you for something that the Feds didn't care about.

I have passed many background checks in Oregon. I have passed ones for guns, ones for the state board of nursing, and those to work in mental health.

Back in 01 i was living in california and i applied for my ccw, the local sheriff dept called me in over a arrest i had in 91. The issue was not that i had the arrest, an exhibition of speed (really just a burn out and street drag on a desert road) i was caught in LA county, palmdale/lancaster area with firearms (holstered and in the back)in my vehicle, as well as the spent brass and targets. I was 21 with a fast car what can i say. Anyway when i met with the officer that did all the background checks and vetting he told me he wanted to know about that arrest and why i hadn't put it down in my history. I told him i hadn't reported it because the judge told me it was a misdemeanor and that my record would be clean if i paid my fine surrendered my guns and did 200 hrs of community service and no more run ins with the cops for 5 years... Which i did. The officer then told me nothing is ever removed and regardless of what the judge said i would need to report what had happened for the rest of my life. So i did, and i got my California ccw and when i moved to Tennessee i did the same and got my ccw there and when i moved to Oregon i did the same here. So bottom line i guess is tell them the whole story and you should be fine.

Wombat, it's not that complicated. As long those warrants we're served, ie not left outstanding, you're good to go.

You should be thankful in a way to use osp and not the FBI like most states. You see, because osp is a POC (point of contact) state, as others have said your bg check is done by them, not the sourced out nics (nics isn't FBI, it's a third party payed by the FBI). My point is...osp are some really nice people willing to update records. Nics...not so much.

Wombat, it's not that complicated. As long those warrants we're served, ie not left outstanding, you're good to go.

You should be thankful in a way to use osp and not the FBI like most states. You see, because osp is a POC (point of contact) state, as others have said your bg check is done by them, not the sourced out nics (nics isn't FBI, it's a third party payed by the FBI). My point is...osp are some really nice people willing to update records. Nics...not so much.
Neither were exactly served. Both supposedly were just dealt with as the problems were resolved. Thats why its kind of weird.

If you were convicted of those misdemeanors, then you would have a problem.

Ummmm....Burglary/breaking and entering would be a felony, not a misdemeanor, and he said no charges were ever filed or arrests made....Furthermore, the only misdemeanor that can result in a loss of firearms rights is a DV misdemeanor....so even if these were misdemeanors as you incorrectly claimed, he wouldn't be deprived of his rights for them.

Simply having a warrant out for your arrest at one time and having it go away due to a reasonable explanation doesn't deprive you of your rights. Frankly, no free man should be deprived of their right to bear arms. If someone is really that dangerous then put them in prison or on their own island with others like them.

Last Edited:
Furthermore, the only misdemeanor that can result in a loss of firearms rights is a DV misdemeanor
In Oregon, a class A bars you for 5 years. This is why imho, sb941 is a gateway law. It's engineered at stripping people of their rights. If you violate it, it's a class A. Now...if people aren't informed and are caught with a firearm in that 5 year period, it turns into a felony because that person is a prohibited person in possession.

In Oregon, a class A bars you for 5 years. This is why imho, sb941 is a gateway law. It's engineered at stripping people of their rights. If you violate it, it's a class A. Now...if people aren't informed and are caught with a firearm in that 5 year period, it turns into a felony because that person is a prohibited person in possession.

But, but, but, it's a commons sense law....:rolleyes:

Yeah, I agree with you. It's all slated to eventually disarm us. I've been telling people this for years. First it was felons, then domestics, then anyone who was depressed ever in their life, then anyone who ever looked at a cop with their brow furled. I will say it's inevitable, and as much as it will suck to be disarmed like CA has been, I see at least a bright side to it: I will move to Thailand and retire like a KING there. Without guns, there is honestly no reason for me to live in the US anymore...life is better and cheaper elsewhere except for the gun rights here. But once that is gone...

The good news is that in the above situation, it only applies to Oregon, perhaps a few other states may have similar laws. The good thing about having money is I can relocate at the drop of a dime. I've already been scouting Las Vegas, two trips there last year, one for a job interview at the companies expense...also visited Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and Alaska last year. I'm seriously scouting a new home for the inevitable fall of WA much like CA...

It looks like according to this it only applies to hate crime misdemeanors:

• Has been convicted of a "misdemeanor involving violence" or found "guilty except for insanity" of a misdemeanor involving violence6 within the previous four years. A "misdemeanor involving violence" means assault in the fourth degree, strangulation, menacing, recklessly endangering another person, or intentionally subjecting another to offensive physical contact because of a perception of the other's race, color, religion, national origin or sexual orientation.7

Isn't that funny. Sb941 states violating it is a class a, but yet not doing a transfer is not a violent act. Lol. God I love libtards.

You know it Bushman...they want us disarmed over the small social issues. Freedom of speech is none existent now.

Isn't that funny. Sb941 states violating it is a class a, but yet not doing a transfer is not a violent act. Lol. God I love libtards.

You know it Bushman...they want us disarmed over the small social issues. Freedom of speech is none existent now.

Government can only control people if they are dependent on them, imprisoned by them or defenseless against them.

Think section 8, welfare, inmates, felons/registered criminals, and disarmed W2 wage slaves like us. Soon to be disarmed anyways...

Like I said, at least when that time comes, I will just retire to Thailand and party it up.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top