JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He shot in self defense so there should not have been a bond. If he shot innocent people he needs to be charged. Can you be held on a bond and not charged?

Asking for a friend.
Is the tactic of spray and pray a justifiable defense when shooting in "self defense"?

Aloha, Mark

PS....yeah that injured 73 year old lady was probably a "gang member" in disguise.

And YES.....the presumption of innocence until proven guilty still applies.

Only when the Dept is complicit in not establishing "REAL STANDARDS".

Aloha, Mark
Oh so like . . .

or

or maybe

and don't forget

It's late and I'm a bit tired, but I could go on for days

RE : Post #6 and #7

Training wise.....
Excellent or Good or Just Enough........happens.

That all being said.......I doubt that POLICE are actually TRAINED to
"Spray and Pray". The reasonable and prudent side of me says.......that the police are more than likely thought......that they are responsible for every bullet that they launch.

Though, since it appears that you think otherwise.....so be it. You're entitled to your opinion.

What the Dept and/or the Courts and/or the Jury does in the end. Well, it's always a possibility and up to them.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
RE : Post #6 and #7

Training wise.....
Excellent or Good or Just Enough........happens.

That all being said.......I doubt that POLICE are actually TRAINED to
"Spray and Pray". The reasonable and prudent side of me says.......that the police are more than likely thought......that they are responsible for every bullet that they launch.

Though, since it appears that you think otherwise.....so be it. You're entitled to your opinion.

What the Dept and/or the Courts and/or the Jury does in the end. Well, it's always a possibility and up to them.

Aloha, Mark
They might be told that but that's not backed up by reality. Words are cheap actions don't lie.

So is this a percieved uptick in spray and pray police tactics, or has it historically been like this? Is villifying the police combined with liberalized hiring practices having a net positive or negative effect on training?

They might be told that but that's not backed up by reality. Words are cheap actions don't lie.
Rrrrrright????
SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT......the Police Departments are full of systemic racism and they are just trigger-happy Nazis.

DEFUND THE POLICE!!!!

YES......you're entitled to an opinion.

Aloha, Mark

Rrrrrright????
SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT......the Police Departments are full of systemic racism and they are just trigger-happy Nazis.

DEFUND THE POLICE!!!!

YES......you're entitled to an opinion.

Aloha, Mark
Yes because anyone who has any criticism of the police is a BLM, Antifa, Defund The Police, Far-Left Liberal.

Rrrrrrrrright

Investigations take time and in most (if not all) cases there is a charging clock. In some cases.....depending on the resources (and testing procedures)......an investigation could go quickly or slowly.

Then, there is always a possibility to re-charge (or dismiss) as the evidence path shows.

Sorry but.....the POLICE aren't infallible enough for SOME.

BLAH, Blah, blah.....
HISTORY of large organizations and all that. And well, it isn't ALWAYS PERFECT. Nor to everyone's liking.

So, picking out particular incidents can skew one's personal views.

YES.....I get that.
Though also consider for a moment......the successes.

Defund the Police.......there is too much systemic racism and they are just waiting to gun down the innocent "under color of law".

While you're at it........
Forget about the inmates on Death Row.
Let them all live.
Rrrrrright....... don't want ANY mistakes done here either.

Standard disclaimer applies here too.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I'll play devil's advocate here:

perhaps this guy really didn't hit anyone, just fired back at his attacker. In that case, it would really be self-defense, and the weapons charge would be all that the DA felt he could make stick.

So is this a percieved uptick in spray and pray police tactics, or has it historically been like this? Is villifying the police combined with liberalized hiring practices having a net positive or negative effect on training?
I don't know what the moving goalpost of 'historically' will look like, but in 1985 the Phili PD burned down an entire neighborhood, so there is that

Also I would argue pointing out actual historical facts hardly counts as vilifying

RE : Post #15

YES.....it could happen.

++++++++
++++++++

Back to the subject of Mall Shooters......
This thread reminded me of........
Well, I recently saw a YouTube video of a walk through the present-day Lloyd's Center. I haven't been there in more than two maybe three years. Yeah....watching it, I was reminded (in my mind) of the "gang activities and shootings" that had happened there (some might say........plagued the area). Whatever.

As for Clackamas Mall. Funny, but I didn't get those sorts of "feelings". YES, I know of the shooting incident that happened in the cinema entrance area. Who knows.....maybe one day, Clackamas Mall will also be on my DO NOT VISIT list?

Aloha, Mark

I don't know what the moving goalpost of 'historically' will look like, but in 1985 the Phili PD burned down an entire neighborhood, so there is that

Also I would argue pointing out actual historical facts hardly counts as vilifying
I agree that the BOMBING wasn't a good path to go down.

Also note what happened in the aftermath. I mean......to the Police Chief, his gang of higher-ups and the civil authorities involved.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I agree that the BOMBING wasn't a good path to go down.

Also note what happened in the aftermath. I mean......to the Police Chief and his gang of higher-ups.

Aloha, Mark
From what I can tell they went back to work and the only one that got any punishment was the only surviving adult MOVE member, Ramona Africa, who was charged and convicted on charges of riot and conspiracy; she served seven years in prison

From what I can tell they went back to work and the only one that got any punishment was the only surviving adult MOVE member, Ramona Africa, who was charged and convicted on charges of riot and conspiracy; she served seven years in prison

And she got IIRC over a million dollars.

BUT.....I could be wrong and awards can change with appeals, etc...

Aloha, Mark

PS...........

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews