JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While this sucks:

Sadly, even though Muldrow had a concealed weapons permit in Virginia, the state of Maryland does not recognize any other state's permits which meant that Muldrow was unknowingly breaking the law and was placed under arrest.

If you chose to carry you need to KNOW the law when you cross state lines.

This is why National Reciprocity Act was created and submitted.. but apparently anti2A States hated the idea because they wouldn't be able to pull this kinda crap off. Good on the Marine vet for stopping the bad guy. Sad that he got arrested for "illegally" carrying concealed.

While this sucks:

Sadly, even though Muldrow had a concealed weapons permit in Virginia, the state of Maryland does not recognize any other state's permits which meant that Muldrow was unknowingly breaking the law and was placed under arrest.

If you chose to carry you need to KNOW the law when you cross state lines.
Marines can't read….. you gotta have laws outlined that can be colored with crayons. That is if they don't eat them first.

We are also known for pushing the boundaries and disregarding stupid laws/rules/regulations. Haha.

Glad he was there though. And I'm sure he will continue to do the same in regards to carrying.

Marines can't read….. you gotta have laws outlined that can be colored with crayons. That is if they don't eat them first.

We are also known for pushing the boundaries and disregarding stupid laws/rules/regulations. Haha.

Glad he was there though. And I'm sure he will continue to do the same in regards to carrying.
Side note, my Army boss said that it was the Marines fault that they had to place "do not eat" label on the claymores, LOL 😂

Side note, my Army boss said that it was the Marines fault that they had to place "do not eat" label on the claymores, LOL 😂
I wouldn't put it past them. If you can't eat it, kill it, or f-ck it. They don't want it. Lol

I am all for states rights to regulate CCW how they see fit. I live in a state that requires firearms law training to get a concealed carry permits. I think thats a good thing. Some states , such as Washington , do not require any training so my state does not allow Washington permits. The funny thing being since my state does not allow Washington permits Washington does not allow SC permits. Our state does not feel that Washington meets the minimum requirements for reciprocity. I see no problem with that. When I carry I do not carry in Washington. If I did and was arrested I would expect to face the consequences.

The 2nd Amendment is apparently the only Amendment that doesn't fully go with the American Citizen across State Lines, in terms of "keeping and bearing arms" (no Constitutional limit on how one bears arms in the BOR itself.)

25 States are Permitless/Constitutional Carry States at this time.

It is arguable that a majority of States have Constitutional/Permitless carry, compared to States that for all practical purposes, have no issue carry licenses/permits ("may issue" with extremely restrictive and expensive requirements; see Hawaii, California, New York)

States are required by Federal laws to recognize other States driver licenses, marriage licenses, business licenses, commercial freight licenses, medical licenses, most insurance licenses... so it makes sense to have National Reciprocity and potentially to hold the other 25 States to the same standards that these 25 States with Constitutional Carry have.

It probably would be easier for these 25 specific States with Constitutional Carry systems to say "we recognize that the residents of these 25 States can carry without permits in their States, therefore they can carry without permits in these 25 States without problems." :rolleyes: that'd be a big step towards National Reciprocity.

Last Edited:
The 2nd Amendment is apparently the only Amendment that doesn't fully go with the American Citizen across State Lines, in terms of "keeping and bearing arms" (no Constitutional limit on how one bears arms in the BOR itself.)

25 States are Permitless/Constitutional Carry States at this time.

It is arguable that a majority of States have Constitutional/Permitless carry, compared to States that for all practical purposes, have no issue carry licenses/permits ("may issue" with extremely restrictive and expensive requirements; see Hawaii, California, New York)

States are required by Federal laws to recognize other States driver licenses, marriage licenses, business licenses, commercial freight licenses, medical licenses, most insurance licenses... so it makes sense to have National Reciprocity and potentially to hold the other 25 States to the same standards that these 25 States with Constitutional Carry have.

It probably would be easier for these 25 specific States with Constitutional Carry systems to say "we recognize that the residents of these 25 States can carry without permits in their States, therefore they can carry without permits in these 25 States without problems." :rolleyes: that'd be a big step towards National Reciprocity.
I believe there are interstate compacts on reciprocity of drivers and marriage licensing.

I believe there are interstate compacts on reciprocity of drivers and marriage licensing.
Yet neither of these are in the bill of rights. The bill of rights states that the right to bear arms shall not be infringed. CCWs where you can be arrested for utilizing an enumerated right seem to be unconstitutional at best.

I am all for states rights to regulate CCW how they see fit. I live in a state that requires firearms law training to get a concealed carry permits.
IMO that isn't training, it is jumping thru hoops. I had equal or better training as a child via Dad.

Neither of which is spelled out in the Constitution/BoR.

Yet neither of these are in the bill of rights. The bill of rights states that the right to bear arms shall not be infringed. CCWs where you can be arrested for utilizing an enumerated right seem to be unconstitutional at best.
You realize permitting is on a state by state basis right whether you agree with that or not,

IMO that isn't training, it is jumping thru hoops. I had equal or better training as a child via Dad.

Neither of which is spelled out in the Constitution/BoR.
Training is where they tell you where you can carry, where you cant carry, when you can use your firearm etc.according to state law. etc. No actual firearms training or qualifications involved.

Training is where they tell you where you can carry, where you cant carry, when you can use your firearm etc.according to state law. etc. No actual firearms training or qualifications involved.
All of which can be read in about 15 minutes. And on the that subject, I've sat through a couple of these classes and the instructor was full of crap on several of the legality items.

All of which can be read in about 15 minutes. And on the that subject, I've sat through a couple of these classes and the instructor was full of crap on several of the legality items.
Yes true. Last one I was in was great just because for some reason the room was half full of attorneys who had an entire different perspective. It was actually a great class.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top