JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes true. Last one I was in was great just because for some reason the room was half full of attorneys who had an entire different perspective. It was actually a great class.
Absolutely, I'd much rather get legal advice from an attorney that a cop, gun store guy and even most firearm instructors.

Last Edited:
Alabama too I believe.
It was one of the last to adopt it and just hasn't taken place yet. House Bill 272 (effective January 1, 2023) into law which eliminates the requirement to obtain a permit in order to carry a concealed pistol in the state, as well as carrying a loaded pistol openly or concealed in a vehicle.

Yeah I don't even bother, the only reason I got a concealed carry permit in the state that I live in now is because it's required to have one to open carry
I carry everywhere concealed. Interpret however you wish. Haha

Of course, does not mean it is constitutional.
Ultimately we have a group of 9 individuals who determine the constitutionality of laws by tradition in this country ( doesn't mean thats according to the constitution oddly enough ) . I am not one of them . You aren't either.

OK, theres a lot more than 9 . 9 at the top.

Ultimately we have a group of 9 individuals who determine the constitutionality of laws by tradition in this country ( doesn't mean thats according to the constitution oddly enough ) . I am not one of them . You aren't either.

OK, theres a lot more than 9 . 9 at the top.
but I can read. "shall not be infringed."Oddly the only amendment with that clear of language. Would you be okay with a permit for free speech?

Training is where they tell you where you can carry, where you cant carry, when you can use your firearm etc.according to state law. etc. No actual firearms training or qualifications involved.
Since these laws vary from state to state, how would training in Washington state laws, if required, make one more qualified to CC in S. Carolina or anywhere else? Seems like a pretty flimsy basis on which to base reciprocity.

I am all for states rights to regulate CCW how they see fit. I live in a state that requires firearms law training to get a concealed carry permits. I think that's a good thing. Some states , such as Washington , do not require any training so my state does not allow Washington permits. The funny thing being since my state does not allow Washington permits Washington does not allow SC permits. Our state does not feel that Washington meets the minimum requirements for reciprocity. I see no problem with that. When I carry I do not carry in Washington. If I did and was arrested I would expect to face the consequences.
Will all due respect, I disagree. The right to keep and bear arms is a right of the people of this country. So it is not up to the individual states to regulate CCW how they see fit. While I agree that it is a good thing that a person gets firearms law training (I am a LOSD member) requiring such training is a different issue, because it violates the 2A under Bruen. If you do not carry in Washington is just laziness because WA will give you a permit if you pay a small fee and provide a set of finger prints so they can verify that you are not a prohibited person. Paying the consequences in WA for not having an acceptable permit is not even close to the situation of the Marine in this thread because until recently (post Bruen) our Marine could not have obtained a Maryland permit. And even now Maryland imposes training requirements that far exceed what would pass constitutional muster under Bruen. Thus, our Marine should challenge the charges on the basis that Maryland law imposes unconstitutional requirementd on a persons ability to obtain a Wear and Carry permit and therefore, Maryland law places unconstituional burdens on his federal right to travel.

I do believe there are many places in the US that requires you to get a site permit for protesting at specific locations.
But we are not talking about an organized protest here. We would have an absolute fit if as a culture we criminalized free speech as the second has been criminalized. I am aware the government has engaged in illegal censorship in social media.

The problem here Wired, is that the Supreme court has ruled that it is the individuals right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed. (See Heller among other cases where this was affirmed) It has also been affirmed that the people are the militia, but the fact is, you are throwing in a red herring to justify tyranny here. I am aware that there are unconstitutional laws that have been forced on us. But make no mistake, that tyrants are justified by those in the 2a community is a huge problem.

The text of the 2a is very simple and very clear. And the second clause of it is painfully so.

Do you believe you need to have a permit to prevent soldiers being quartered in your home? Because that is exactly where this argument leads.

And the 10th ammendment oddly should strip the ability of the states to abridge enumerated rights.

But we are not talking about an organized protest here. We would have an absolute fit if as a culture we criminalized free speech as the second has been criminalized. I am aware the government has engaged in illegal censorship in social media.

The problem here Wired, is that the Supreme court has ruled that it is the individuals right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed. (See Heller among other cases where this was affirmed) It has also been affirmed that the people are the militia, but the fact is, you are throwing in a red herring to justify tyranny here. I am aware that there are unconstitutional laws that have been forced on us. But make no mistake, that tyrants are justified by those in the 2a community is a huge problem.

The text of the 2a is very simple and very clear. And the second clause of it is painfully so.
When I look at laws and their execution I think to myself ' What can I do to keep myself out of jail?" . Thats it. I dont worry about bigger pictures or questions of constitutionality or anything else. What concerns me is what can I do that will allow me to do what I want to do and stay witihn the confines of the law as it stands now because for me its not academic. I do all this stuff. I'm out there at ranges and in public pushing the limits of the law. I get the feeling that a lot of 2nd amendment absolutists never leave their basement and are very vocal in their opinions but not their practice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top