JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"This year has seen the largest increase ever in the number of concealed handgun permit holders—more than two million, for a total of 21.52 million. That is a 48 percent increase since 2016. On Wednesday, the U.S. Supreme Court heard the case of NYSRPA v. Bruen, which has a chance to further increase this total and make permitting rules more similar across states. Six states now have more than 1 million permit holders: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Texas. Florida is the first state to have more than 2.5 million permits."
bold added

US Population age 21 and over* = 196,899,193
So, a bit more than 10% have some kind of Conceal Permit.

"Only about 1 percent of adults in these may-issue states have permits. In the other 43 "Right-to-Carry" states, almost 11 percent of adults have permits."

*I didn't search everywhere, but doubt conceal permits are issued to anyone under 21.

Last Edited:
"This year has seen the largest increase ever in the number of concealed handgun permit holders—more than two million, for a total of 21.52 million. That is a 48 percent increase since 2016. On Wednesday, the U.S. Supreme Court heard the case of NYSRPA v. Bruen, which has a chance to further increase this total and make permitting rules more similar across states. Six states now have more than 1 million permit holders: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Texas. Florida is the first state to have more than 2.5 million permits."
bold added

*I didn't search everywhere, but doubt conceal permits are issued to anyone under 21.
Now factor in the 21 Constitution Carry states that don't need their master's permission to pack.

And ATF is keeping track of gun owners due to the '68 requirement of gun stores that close to turn in their records. They plan to expand this, but I'm not sure what the plan is...

And ATF is keeping track of gun owners due to the '68 requirement of gun stores that close to turn in their records. They plan to expand this, but I'm not sure what the plan is...

The big takeaway from that article was that the businesses whose records they've digitized are FFLs that have gone out of business. Not a big deal for brick and mortar biz that's doing well, but if .gov has its way, at some point all FFLs will be out of business.
Yes, that was the point the article was making. If the .gov is allowed to keep and digitize all those records, eventually it has a searchable database of almost all gun owners.

bold added

"Only about 1 percent of adults in these may-issue states have permits. In the other 43 "Right-to-Carry" states, almost 11 percent of adults have permits."

California still sucks.

ome-Facts-Infographics-Maps-Stats-Graphs-110921-20.png

says who?

Yes, that was the point the article was making. If the .gov is allowed to keep and digitize all those records, eventually it has a searchable database of almost all gun owners.
Which would be in clear violation of Regan's 1986 Gun Owners Protection Act, if I recall the year and name correctly. Which explicitly prohibits the federal government from keeping such a database.

But then again, by and large, gun owners keep taking it in the keister and asking for more. It's long past time that the overlords be put back in their place, accountable to and fearful of We the People. But We the People seems to fail miserably at organizing…

It's long past time that the overlords be put back in their place, accountable to and fearful of We the People. But We the People seems to fail miserably at organizing…
Well, "they" want to make sure to quell all resistance. Look what happened to the 1/6 protestors. Really? ... Locked up in solitary and given regular beatings??? For TRESPASSING!!! And more and more evidence that it was instigated by provocateurs in the crowd... some of which may have been FBI "informants" of the type in the Gretchen Widmer case. The swamp is totally out of control.

They never stop.
While taxing guns or ammunition may not prevent malicious actors from accessing them, some policymakers and advocates say this approach could raise revenue to fund lifesaving violence prevention programs and help offset the the $280 billion annual price tag of gun violence in America.
From the article.

Tax and spend....thank you, Dems.

Then......
Why tax the legal gun owners at all? Are they the PROBLEM?
Yet.....the Govt. seems to pay little attention to punish the people who do the illegal acts?
Is it even moral.....to have innocent people pay for the criminal acts of another?
Should a RIGHT be taxed?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Don't get yer knickers in a knot. As inept, uncoordinated, and down right stupid as the minions of government are I doubt we have much to worry about. Folks walk around thinking they are "special", face it, your mom was just saying that to make you feel less ordinary. If the government can make it work, who are they going after? A few high profile folks, much like the I.R.S does. Stay low profile.

Don't get yer knickers in a knot. As inept, uncoordinated, and down right stupid as the minions of government are I doubt we have much to worry about. Folks walk around thinking they are "special", face it, your mom was just saying that to make you feel less ordinary. If the government can make it work, who are they going after? A few high profile folks, much like the I.R.S does. Stay low profile.
^^good advice

~~~

Concealed Weapons

Idaho statute allows residents 18 years of age, not disqualified from having a permit, to carry a concealed firearm statewide without a permit except in certain designated places including a courthouse, juvenile detention or jail facility, or public or private school unless specifically authorized.

FWIW
Some states (at least Idaho) do allow 18 year old's to carry concealed.
One of the reasons washington did not recognize Idaho's concealed license prior to Idaho enhanced CWL is that the standard Idaho CWL could be issued to persons 18 and over.

https://www.idaho.gov/laws-public-safety/gun-weapon-law/

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top