JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ATF delayed approval on my first suppressor as there was an arrest that showed up that was 40 years old and the record did not indicate the final disposition. I was never convicted, the charges were dismissed. But the records ATF pulled up did not contain the final disposition, they only showed an arrest. The ATF examiner was too lazy to search further. I had to secure the court records myself showing dismissal and no conviction and provide them to him. When I sent them in I copied his supervisor and requested that since there was no record of a conviction, my application be approved. It was. They treated me as guilty without any record of any conviction and I was required to prove myself innocent.

Wombat, it's not that complicated. As long those warrants we're served, ie not left outstanding, you're good to go.

You should be thankful in a way to use osp and not the FBI like most states. You see, because osp is a POC (point of contact) state, as others have said your bg check is done by them, not the sourced out nics (nics isn't FBI, it's a third party payed by the FBI). My point is...osp are some really nice people willing to update records. Nics...not so much.

OSP will still check with NICS among other sources. Their interface to the NICS may be different than e-check or a call-in but I'll bet a NICS deny will run downhill, OSP or not. Why else would OSP now have a spot for a transferee's UPIN? That's something only the FBI's NICS has any use for.

OSP will still check with NICS among other sources. Their interface to the NICS may be different than e-check or a call-in but I'll bet a NICS deny will run downhill, OSP or not. Why else would OSP now have a spot for a transferee's UPIN? That's something only the FBI's NICS has any use for.
True. Very good point.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads