JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to IWB my shield and Sig P320 until I got my Bravo Concealment holster now its the only way I will carry. Unless it's for work then it's my safariland.

There are also good options from R&R or outlaw holsters which are also OWB I carry my CZ in an R&R OWB and they carry get close to the body so they conceal very well.

Last Edited:
I dislike belts from a previous back injury and IWB putting stress on my hips and lower back (when I was injured)

And these days I rarely carry IWB.
I often pocket carry or Fanny pack carry it's easy and comfortable and I don't have to change carry methods while I work.
As a large guy myself, it's the easiest way to carry so long as you practice drawing from that pocket or fanny pack and maintain good situational awareness.

If you're heart set on IWB, I'd simply get a larger pair of pants and a good stiff duty belt that can hold everything properly.

What a topic! I have purchased many different holsters and even parked my favorite carry guns for something with smoother edges. I'm 6'9" and 340 and these guys the can IWB at 11 or 1 pm can kiss my fat bubblegum! Lol
I ended up with a waist wrap Velcro holster that I can get above the roll for comfort.
cheapest option at 25.00 from Amazon and it moves around a bit but I drive a lot and it's my most comfortable choice.
love hearing everyone's feedback and glad to know I'm not alone.
I conceal carry daily, not for me but for everyone else.

Have had "Dad bod" for a good while so I feel you.:s0140:
One of the best things I ever did was try suspenders. I was leery at first but once I tried them I fell in love. No more constantly feeling like I had to be tugging on my damn pants! Since I long ago quit wearing tight pants I also long ago went with the "Relaxed Fit" in all the pants and shorts. This gives room to use ISWB holsters with ease. Everyone has their personal favorite. One of mine is a left handed holster carried behind me on right side. It makes it easy to cover and when I reach for the pistol the grip is facing my hand as I reach. I started with this LONG ago when I had the body to wear tight jeans and often used "Mexican Carry" behind me with the pistol the same way. Main thing for me was the suspenders. Good quality ones have made life soooo much better.
IIRC, Wild Bill Hickock favored butt-forward carry too. I think it was called the Cavalry Draw.

IIRC, Wild Bill Hickock favored butt-forward carry too. I think it was called the Cavalry Draw.
When you look at old pics of the way the Army carried then they used a left handed holster carried on the right side of the belt. I never could understand the reason for that as it always seemed it would be very hard to draw like that. When I do it I have the pistol behind me on the right side. So can slip my hand under the covering and puts the grip in my hand. From the first time I tried it just seemed perfect. I did try it once with an left hand OWB holster on the right side and that felt very hard to do. Especially with a holster with some kind of retention to undo. Had to really twist my wrist to get at it. Maybe something about doing it on horseback made sense to them back then?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews